I love you ?

Unwanted Attention

Thirty One

 

 

 

“Damn that old man…involving me with his paper works.” Kai have been continuously muttering while driving his way to Soori’s apartment. This isn’t even the actual work; he was just given those papers as an example and to study for a while. He was busy being engrossed with this stuff that actually forgot to check up on her last night or maybe even to make a simple call.

He rang the doorbell and he found Lay opening it. The tensity is building up. What happened in the past was already forgotten but each of them knew their true feelings.

“You’re still slow as always Kai.” Kai thought that Lay might act somewhat cold to him like what he’s been doing these past few days. It was comforting to know that.

“Yah! I was just busy with something that’s all!”

Lay laughed and gripped Kai’s shoulder. “Well, I’m off.”

“Lay?”

Even if his back was facing Kai, Lay could feel that Kai also missed their friendship.

“I’m always gonna be your best friend.  And because I was such an to you, you could punch me anytime.”

 

Typical Jongin. Lay just ended up laughing. “I’ll remember it Kai.”

 

****

The rain still hasn’t given up. It still continued pouring down.

“So cold.” Soori shivered as she grabbed all the blankets she could and snugged on it, desperately trying to find some warmth. She was still closing her eyes as Kai entered the room. But it went away as Kai bumped into something.

“Lay?” She looked up but it was actually Kai. Seeing his face made her remember her conversation with Miyoung and Jihyun. Her eyes widened for a bit and then she felt herself burning up again.

“K-kai! You…what are you doing here?”

“Why? Can’t I even care for my girlfriend when she’s sick?”

“E-eh…no…I don’t mean it that way..”

Pat.

Kai was just patting her head.

 

 

“Just go back to sleep.”

His hand, it seemed very comfortable. Her eyes became droopy again so she lay back down and decided to sleep. He watched her as her eyes were slowly closing. Her breath became even and steady. Kai was tired too after viewing those documents nonstop. He unknowingly fell asleep holding her hand.

 

***

 

The room’s a lot colder than before.  “K-kai?”

Kai woke up hearing her voice so full of suffering. “What is it? Are you okay?”

“I-it’s s-so c-cold.” Her body won’t stop shaking. “M-maybe I j-just n-need more b-blankets.”

He felt her forehead. She’s burning up again. Soori had already taken her medicine and if she gets too much blankets she might end up suffocated and stuffy. At this rate, Kai had no other choice.

But to use his body heat. He took his shirt off and climbed in bed with her.

“K-KAI! W-what are you d-doing?!” She had already seen his bare chest before, but why does it always make her heart speed up so fast just like when they’re kissing.

“You’re burning up again.”

“Yeah, but—!” Kai shushed her by putting his finger on her lips.

“Besides, body heat is always effective.” He said. “And to make it more effective, you have to remove your shirt.”

“N-no!”

He gave her a stern look. She’s shivering again.

“O-okay. But don’t look!”

Kai covered his eyes with his hand half-heartedly or else he might end up having a black eye. After Soori removed her shirt she quickly hid herself in the covers to conceal herself. He placed an arm as a pillow for her and he pulled him closer to him.

I feel like my heart’s going to burst at any moment now. I could also hear his heart pounding. Steady with a rhythm. His arms have enveloped me entirely leaving me no choice but to bury face in his chest. His scent. I’ve always liked his scent. He’s warm too.

Soori hugged him tighter. Her grip on him was like her life depended on Kai.

“You feel so warm.” Soori said it out of a daze.

“Alright, that’s it.”

 

 

In seconds, Soori found herself under him. When she realized this, she hastily covered her chest with her arms, blushing. Kai rested on his elbows and leaned in closer. Soori shut her eyes until she could feel his lips pressing on hers. It went a while but then she felt his tongue parting her lips. She gasped and that’s when Kai’s tongue entered .

She could feel his tongue exploring and going to places that made her continuously punch his chest.

“…nnf..mmnnf!” It’s no use, she’s too weak. But she can’t help but feel intoxicated of his kiss. It made her feel butterflies again. Gradually, Soori accepted his kiss and her arms circled his neck. After a while, Kai broke their kiss panting.

“I’ve always wanted to kiss you like that.” Soori can’t look his eyes. I must avoid looking at those. Kai leaned in again and kissed her like that for the second time. But this time, Soori was not resisting, instead she put her arms around him and tried to kiss him back. Kai left her lips and went for her neck and then to her collarbone.

“K-kai..” Soori moaned his name as Kai put a mark on her. But Kai couldn’t possibly take advantage of her weak state. He flopped down next to her and hugged her tightly.

“That’d be enough for now. Just sleep.”

 

 

“Kai?”

“Mmm?”

“Do you always have to be in control when you’re around me?” Kai smiled at her intriguing question.

“Yes.” He leveled himself so that he can see her face. “In order for me not to do anything I might regret.” He sighed. “Though it’s hard, since I’m not used to this kind of thing, normally I would’ve just jumped off.” He tucked a loose hair. “But you’re different. You’re my angel so naturally I want to treasure and cherish you as much as possible.”

My heart’s pounding so fast again.

“But anyway, you should get some sleep now.”

Unable to control her feelings, she hugged him tight. “Thank you and I love you Kai.”

 

 

He smiled. “I love you too, angel.”

 

 


 

E  n  j  o  y   ~