Perfect Dancing

Unwanted Attention

 

Nine

 

 

 

 

“You must be really crazy.”

Soori looked at him. They were finally done with washing the dogs and went to drying them with towels.

“Why?”  She rubbed the dog’s ears and can’t stop giggling at their cuteness.

“Look at this. Its pure torture” He also rubbed the dogs but with displeasure.

“Well, I think it’s cute”  She cooed at the dogs.

Kai jerked his head. Seeing her like this is new. Usually, Soori would be so emotionless that one might think she’s a robot or something. Kai considered for a while if he was lucky enough to see this side of her. he was quite sure not many people have seen this yet.

 

*****

 

“Thank you Soori-ah for helping us today.” The girl from earlier shook hands with her. She then turned to Kai with a playful glint in her eyes. “And you too Kai-ssi. It’s nice meeting you by the way” She kept helding out her hand but Kai never shook it. He doesn’t want to.

Embarrassed, the girl turned away and took her hand back. After noticing this, Soori politely said goodbye after the awkward incident.

Once they were outside, Soori can’t hide her giggle.

“What?” Kai questioned.

“Boys are so clueless sometimes.” True, they don’t know what a girl feels. Soori could feel the girl’s embarrassment as Kai didn’t return her handshake.

“What are you talking about?”

See? “Nothing, Kai. It’s nothing”

Kai didn’t have any clue what she was talking about really. He decided to just shrug it off, it might not be that important anyways.

 

“I want to eat ice cream.”  Kai suddenly whined. “Let’s go eat ice cream.”

“Go eat it yourself.” He was acting like a kid.

“Please?”

“No. I’m going home.”  She walked faster leaving him behind. But Kai ran up to her front and blocked her. She turned sideways but Kai wouldn’t let her.

“My treat?” Kai suggested.

Soori sighed. “Fine”

 

*****

“I knew you couldn’t resist my charms.” Kai happily his spoon and then scooped some more of his chocolate ice cream.

“It’s the free food I couldn’t resist” True, Soori have a big appetite. She could never resist food. And when it’s free? Sure, why not. “Didn’t you have anything to do today?”

 

Kai swallowed a big scoop of ice cream. “I do.” Soori raised an eyebrow. “I have my dance practice.”

“Y-you dance?”

Kai was giving her a well-duh look. “I’m so cool right?”

She scoffed. She thought Kai never did anything in his life, except being a jerk and acting cool, which wasn’t really working. She observed him while he was busy eating. He acted like a kid around her even though they have the same age.

 

“Wait, so did you just miss your dance practice?”

“Yup.” He doesn’t care at all. What might happen, he doesn’t give the slightest bit of concern if he’s missing it.

“And you’re okay with it?”

“No.”

“Then why—“

“That’s why; you have to come with me.” Oh no. She had seen enough of Kai for this week.

“No thank you”

Teasing her was fun, but blackmailing her, is a whole new level of fun. He doesn’t care if he missed his dance practice. Heck, he doesn’t even need practice; he’s already good at dancing. All he’d do there was pretty much sit around and critic those who are pathetic at dancing.

“I went with you to this lovely dog shelter volunteering and stuff, and my dance instructor would have probably been fuming mad at me right now and this is how you repay me?” Putting his hand on his chest, he made a hurt face.

Oh, he could see her hesitating alright. The way she’s biting her lip and not meeting his eyes, are probably the signs that she’s contemplating on believing him or not.

 

*****

“Tell me exactly why I came with you.”

“Because I’m awesome” Both Kai and Soori entered a dance studio, where Soori could witness various of people dancing and practicing to different kind of music. There was salsa, tango, hiphop, pop, you name it. The dance studio was pretty big so it made her gawk around in awe. She was also quite confused with herself. She could have just made a run and go home instead of giving up to Kai’s dragging. But she also thought that maybe, this is gonna be worth it. Besides, she wants to experience something different once in a while.

“Kamjjong-ah! You’re here!”  For a while, Soori wondered who that was, but then the man approached Kai. Seriously? Kamjjong? She so wanted to laugh right now.

“I told you to not call me that” He whined, but in a cool way. But the man just ruffled his head, and turned to look at Soori. “Well, well well, isn’t she something, your girl?” The man jerked his head towards Soori.

“Ah no, I’m just a friend”  As she defended herself, Soori waved her hands in front of her while making a nervous laugh.

Kai smirked and leaned to the man’s ear and whispered something Soori couldn’t decipher. “She’s just shy” The man laughed. “Same old Kai”

“Whatever Greg”

Soori ignored their secret conversation. This Greg guy must be his dance instructor since he often mention about Kai’s dancing skills and his training and stuff. And Greg isn’t obviously angry that Kai’s late.  

 

 

******

“You can sit here” Kai pointed to a chair in a barren dance studio. 

This place has nothing except the big mirror, chairs and stereos. She thought that this dance studio must be exclusive then. Kai disappeared for a while and then came back wearing sweats, perfect for dancing.

Greg approached him. “I’d just like to see your piece and finalize it before the event.” Kai nodded and discussed something Soori couldn’t relate.

She looked around and wondered what it’s like to dance around here. She was never fond of dancing. It’s like she’s born with two left feet.

Her thoughts were broken with a sudden sound. The music was starting which means it Kai’s cue to dance.

At first she didn’t see anything special. But in one swift move, Kai managed to look amazing. Gliding across the dance floor with an expression that best suits the performance, it made him fascinating. His moves were incredibly fast and she couldn’t deny the perfection of it. Flawless alteration from one action to another was incredible. Even though he constantly grabbed in between of his pants, he made it look y, captivating even. She realized that Kai could also be an angel, because right now, he looked like one. A black angel seemed to define him. His constant smirking made him look like a bad boy, a bad boy expressing his emotions through dancing. And he was doing a great job at it. Soori didn’t even realize that even for just a second she couldn’t tear her eyes away from Kai’s dancing figure. Breathtaking, she thought.

But all momentums had to end somehow. Kai finished his dance and Greg clapped proudly. He clasped Kai’s sweaty back and discussed something further.

 

Eventually, their discussion ended and Kai approached her.

“What do you think?”

“Greg seems nice” Kai didn’t expect that answer.

“I mean my dancing skills, was I awesome?” He wriggled his eyebrows.

“This place is quite nice.”

Kai was anticipating for Soori to admit that he was amazing. But she didn’t. A little flicker of disappointment hit him. But Soori giggled.

“I was joking, duh.” More giggles. “You were, captivating”

Kai smiled genuinely. Never has someone told him that. Park Soori, you’re one of a kind.

 

 

 


 

 

 

Hehe, Thank you for subscribing to my story, it really means a lot

hehe