Ugly Face

Unwanted Attention

Thirty Four

 

 

I don’t want to take into account what Sunyoung said but why does my mind nags me that some of it might have some point? Sunyoung has been with Kai for so long. Couldn’t they just go back together a long time ago? Why does she have to do this now? I just want to go home.

Soori navigated herself through this crowd of people who were frequently pressing her in. All she wants to do is curl up in bed and analyze the things that are happening. From the corner of her eye she noticed something.

There they are. After what happened at the CR, Sunyoung and Kai went back to chatting with each other. Since Kai’s back was facing her, he didn’t notice Soori, but only Sunyoung did. Sunyoung leaned in closer until Soori couldn’t look at them anymore and then she ran.

“Whoa, whoa. Sunyoung, don’t lean in too much”

“Ah, sorry, I thought I saw something and I just wanted to have a better look at it.” Kai was skeptical about Sunyoung’s actions but he let it slide.

 

With the difficulty in running with heels, Soori still managed to get away from that scene.

“Oh, Soori, where are you going?” Chanyeol asked as Soori was picking up her things.

“Um, I remembered that I have something to do.”

“Oh.”

“See you guys”

After Soori went out of the club, Sehun stood up abruptly.

“Sehun?” Luhan was quite bewildered.

“I need some air.”

Sehun then left, not to get some air, but to knock some sense into that guy. Soori’s been especially kind to the EXO members and they treated her as their sister. This is why Sehun decided to do something about Sunyoung.

“Kai.”

Kai excused himself a bit and went up to Sehun.

“Soori went home.”

His eyes bulged out and he was kind of spitting what he was drinking. “WHAT?!”

“She probably went to take a bus.”

“Sorry Sunyoung, but I have some urgent business to do!” Kai wasted no time, grabbed his things, went outside the club and ran.

When Kai was gone, Sehun took his seat. Sunyoung was a bit surprised.

“Kai’s not gonna forgive you if you do something to her.” Sunyoung didn’t expect this kid to say this.

She scoffed. “Who said I’m going to do something?”

“Your ugly face”

“Why you!”

Sehun left her fuming with anger.

 

****

“Ouch” Soori’s been rubbing her aching foot. She’d been walking to the bus station without even realizing where its location is. Now knowing the direction a lot since she wants to go home badly.  She sighed for the nth time. It’s no use walking again; maybe she should just go back to the club. It was pretty stupid of her not to just have asked one of the boys to take her home.

Soori turned around and started going back to the club.

 

But wait, she doesn’t even know the way. Heck, she’s lost.

What to do. What to do.

 

“Aw, poor miss. You lost?”    . Some drunken men from the club tried to hit on her.

“We could give you a ride home~”

“Or have fun with us tonight” Great, just great. After being lost, she has to deal with these guys? What kind of play are they playing on her now?

Leaving her no choice, Soori started to run. Since they’re drunk, they might have a hard time catching her. She removed her heels and ran barefooted.

She was having a head start so there was still some distance from them, but it won’t be long until they would catch up to her. 

An alley was nearby. Soori took a swift turn and hid on that place. The drunken men wandered and were agitated when they couldn’t find her.

Soori didn’t realize she was holding her breath until she let it out. Unexpectedly, a hand grabbed her arm and dragged her.

“You think you can get away from us that easy?”  It’s them.

Soori kicked him between his legs and tried to get away from the man’s grasp. But before she could spring free, the other men caught her and pinned her on a wall.

“So you like to play it rough huh?” This time, Soori didn’t have anything planned under her sleeves. She whimpered and prayed for something to happen while closing her eyes.

She was waiting for these guys to get their business over with since it’s no use hoping that someone would save in this kind of place. She felt dirty and sick. But she felt nothing. Instead, she heard some grunting and groaning noise and the men’s hands were no longer pinning her.

She slowly opened her eyes. There was someone saving her. And it’s Kai.

The tears pooled in a lot more and she started crying. Kai was done and those men immediately ran away from him since they’re pretty scared to get beaten up.

“Soori, you okay?” She didn’t reply. Soori continued crying up her emotion of relief. Kai went closer but she abruptly held out a hand.

“No, Stop!...........Don’t come closer to me…” Kai was a bit taken aback, but he didn’t stop. Slowly, his distance from Soori became little.

“I said don’t come closer!”

“Soori.” Kai held her hands even though she thrashed out.

“No, get away from me!”

“Soori!” Kai put his arms around her for a tight embrace. “Hey, I know you’re scared.”

Hearing him say that made her stop her actions and resigned to his comfortable arms. “But you can lean on me you know….You could cry your heart out with me…it’s okay.”

Soori responded by nodding her head and clutched to him tighter.

 

 

****

 

“Sorry for wetting your shirt.” Soori kept her head down as they were walking towards Kai’s car. After her breakdown earlier, Soori realized how utterly embarrassing it was.

“You better buy me a new one”

“Eh?????”

Kai chuckled. “I was just kidding”

 

 

“Kai?”

“Hmmm?”

“Can I ask you something?”

He was a bit surprised. “Sure.”

Now is the time Soori, you should clarify this with him!  “Umm…Who’s the first person…umm..you had with?” Hopefully, that came out right.

Another weird question coming from this girl left Kai to be amused for a bit. But he nonchalantly answered, “She was a noona. And I think now, she’s happily married for about 2 or 3 years?”

A noona? So it wasn’t Sunyoung after all? Who knew she could be lying. For a moment there, Soori almost believed what she said.

 “Really?”

“Yup, why did you ask?”

“Nothing.”

“Whoa, so now you’re keeping secrets from me huh” He crouched a little down and pinched her cheeks. Soori was enchanted at how close his face was and suddenly, she found herself kissing him first. Kai widened his eyes in shock. After that, Soori broke it off and smiled at him. But Kai turned around so Soori couldn’t see his face.

“You’re blushing Kai!” She squealed.

“No, I’m not!” Kai continued covering his face, which was pretty red.

“Not fair! At least let me see your blushing face!”

“No.”

“Come on, no need to be shy!”

Kai turned towards her and quickly stole a kiss. His type of kisses always made her breathless in the end just like now.

“Happy now?”

“Yup”

 

 

 


Yo guys, I wasn't able to update yesterday but tada! I updated today. 

Well, yeah I should before school starts to get busy again. 

 

Comments Juseyo :)