Walking in heels

Unwanted Attention

Thirteen

 

She was standing there, with feet being shyly crossed and her hand gripping too hard on her purse. Kai didn’t want to look away. He’d seen hundreds of pretty girls before, but this one is having a different effect on him. It was like he was cursed not to look away from her. She was enchanting.

“Um, Kai?”

 

He snapped from his thoughts and blinked hard.

“I don’t know how to walk in heels” She admitted timidly.

 

He smiled. Even if she transformed into some girl who looked like a princess, her attitude still remains. Down to earth and humble. Kai extended his arm. “Well, miss, grab on”

She laughed. Oh her sweet voice. Her twinkling eyes. Her irresistible lips. Her petite height. “Puny Kai”

With their feet in synchronization, they walked down to where Kai’s car was parked. Soori held tightly unto his arm, fearing that she might slip or fall any minute from now. Even if Kai doesn’t have too many muscles, he still managed her leaning against him. He was strong. But then, all boys are created with built-in strength.

When they arrived, Kai opened the passenger seat first and escorted her until she sat comfortably. It must be pretty hard wearing a dress and at the same time some heels. After that, he jogged to the driver’s seat, turned the engine and roared away.

 

*****

Lay was waiting for her. Kai informed him that he managed to convince her. He smiled too hard knowing that this night is going to be exciting.

A car parked. And he recognized it. Pretty much it was Kai’s car. Which means, they’re here. Soori’s here. Kai went out first and jogged to the other side to open the car door. When he did, she stepped out. He can’t help but smile and sigh in content as he watched her glowing like a goddess. He noticed that she was having a hard time walking as she immediately took Kai’s arm to balance herself.

 

 

She laughed nervously and Kai smirked. As they were coming closer, he was getting a little bit nervous all of a sudden, and just because of a girl. Zhang Yixing, you weren’t like this before.

When they finally entered, most of the people were gawking at them. Either that Mr. Kim’s son is here, or the two of them were a head-turner. One by one some business partners of Kai’s dad started approaching him, asking him about irrelevant questions that annoyed Kai. He was being dragged and Soori was left behind. She was terrified for a moment. Strangers everywhere. And the only face she knew was busy with other people.

 

“Hmm, seems like those people are pretty excited to see Kai here” Soori turned around and saw Lay with the usual angelic face he has.

“Lay!” She was more than relieved that he was here. At least she knows two faces now.

“What are you doing here?” She asked, suddenly curious.

“I could ask you the same thing.” She laughed. Then the conversation continues. Lay wanted this moment to slow down so he could cherish every second a lot more.

 

*****

 

“Lay.” She whispered. “What are these things?”

Since she was already hungry, she asked Lay to go with her to the buffet table. But confusingly, she didn’t recognize any of the food here. She was afraid she might eat something that’s not acceptable by her taste buds.

“Here, eat this.” Lay continued picking up assorted food and explained to her one by one what it is. He was amused by her ignorance at these kinds of things. Yet, he still had fun telling her.

 

Her cheeks were puffing from stuffing too much food in . Typical Soori. In the beginning she was a girl who didn’t know how to communicate to boys at her age. But now, she’s learning step by step, opening herself up to others. She even treats the EXO members well.

 

 

“Those food were amazing!” Finally she was finished eating.

Lay never failed to smile whenever she said something unusual. His eyes wandered off to the dance floor. Classical music playing around. Various rich people dancing and having fun. Then his eyes found her face. She was bored.

 

“Wanna dance?”

Her eyes immediately widen and she shook her head. “I have two left feet”

He got a hold of her hand and urged her forward. “Come on, I know you’ll enjoy it”

“No, Lay no” But too late, Lay managed to pull her forward, and they were making their way towards the dance floor.

Hissing she said, “Lay! I don’t know how to dance!”

He ignored her as he paced both of her hands on his shoulder. “Wrap you hands around my neck” She was astounded, but she still complied. Slowly her hands did circle his neck.

The instant her hand came in contact with his skin, he felt an electric buzz all over. He felt amazing. He felt attraction. He placed his hands on her waist. The curve of her body, no matter how fragile it is, it made him want her.

Swaying a bit, Lay instructed her to do the same. But she kept looking at her feet, afraid that she might step on his toes. “Don’t look down”

Her eyes found his as she looked up. And in that brief period of time, Lay felt that he was special in the eyes of this girl. Her eyes reflected the true him inside. He was lost in it. And he doesn’t want to look away. He wants to look and examine her more. He wants more.

 

 

From afar, Kai saw it all. The spoken words by his father’s business partners were no longer decipherable in his head. The way Soori looked at Lay. The way Lay held tightly on her waist. The way her hands comfortably circled his neck. He didn’t know that he was feeling an emotion called anger.

 

“Excuse me, but” He hesitated a bit. “I’ve got some urgent business to settle”

The business men just looked at him as he stride away to do something that might be stupid. But he doesn’t care, he must get rid of this feeling, even if he had to take some risks.

 


 

Surprise! Double update, though it might be a little late keke~

sobs, thank you for subscribing to my  lame story . 

And thank you for the comments, hope you'll leave more soon! :))))