New Message

Unwanted Attention

Thirty two

 

Her eyes were open to see and observe his sleeping face. His face wasn't like his usual one. He looks peaceful and she has to admit, beautiful. His eyelashes weren't that long but they suited his face. Undoubtedly, his nose and lips were her favorite. His lips, plump and it wanted her to kiss him again. She wanted last night's kiss. Unknowingly, her hand reached out and touched his lips.

 

So soft.

She was aware of how secure he was hugging her. His arms seemed to never let her escape. Sometimes, Kai can be a kid. But she always liked that side to him. It makes her feel that whenever Kai's acting like a kid, he's showing his true self to her.

 

She sighed. As much as she wants to sleep all day, she knew she had to get up. There are many things she has to do anyway. Mustering enough strength, she pushed herself up but was only dragged down again by Kai who was half-asleep.

"Hmm...Don’t leave..." She heard him snore a little. She let out a small giggle. But she didn't know that Kai was already awake. He opened an eye and peaked out on her.

"You seem to be enjoying yourself huh?" Soori's eyes widened and she stopped laughing.

"Uhh... I should take a bath now"

"No" Kai hugged her even more tight so that she couldn't escape him.

"I could see you pouting Kai" True, Kai wanted them to stay in bed all day.

"I'm not"

"Come on Kai, please let me go. Don't you want food? I bet you're hungry now"

Ahh, food. The hardest to resist. Sulkily, Kai loosened his grip and let Soori go.

Soori was still chuckling at the sight of him getting back to sleep. She found it cute whenever he yawned and rubbed his eyes. Grabbing her towel she then proceeded to go outside. But something brought her back to the room. Kai’s phone beeped. Everyone knows that snooping is a bad thing, but hey, curiosity isn’t right? Her hands went closer to his phone until her fingertips brushed it. She got a hold of it and looked back at Kai to secure if he was still sleeping. Yup, he still is. Her attention went back to the message.

 

 

From: Sunyoung

Kai oppa! I just came back from China. Can we hang out later? Maybe go clubbing? Please oppa? I missed you.

Xoxo

 

 

 Sunyoung?

Maybe she was Kai’s cousin or maybe a distant relative. There are many possibilities that Soori thought of just to avoid a certain idea, that maybe this girl was someone who could break them up. She shook her head. Her heart seemed to feel a bit low. Bothering Kai is the last thing she wants to do. She doesn’t want to be a clingy girlfriend too. She just decided to let go of this and go take a bath.

 

****

 

The sizzling noise of the bacon had drowned her thoughts. She knew it would be bad to keep thinking about that message. It serves her right for snooping into his phone. But there are many “what if” questions not discussed. Pathetic. She shouldn’t jump into conclusions immediately. She has to clear things up with talking. Right! Talk to him. But would that mean that she has to admit snooping around his phone? No, that won’t do.

“I think the bacon’s gonna be burnt if you keep cooking it.” Soori jumped off of her thoughts and immediately turned of the stove.

“Sorry, I was just—“  Her eyes enlarged at what she saw. It was Kai again. Shirtless, just out of the shower. “Kai! Could you at least wear your shirt?”

“Nope.”

“Honestly—“ She was abruptly cut as Kai hugged her from behind.

“Why, weren’t okay with it last night?” He whispered in her ear. Much to his expectation, Soori’s face instantly went red. She also felt shivers run down through her spine as Kai’s breath continues to linger on her ear.

“N-no, t-that w-was the o-only exception!”

“I’m just messing with you” Kai ruffled her hair while laughing a bit.

“You always say that” Soori was setting up their breakfast though there was still an evident blush plastered all over her face.

“Oh yeah, before I forget, my friend invited us to go clubbing later.” Kai stuffed in a lot of food into his mouth.

“A friend?”

So Sunyoung is just a friend? Why do I get the feeling that she isn’t?

“Yup. Do you wanna go?”

“Umm…You see clubbing isn’t really my thing.”

“Don’t worry some exo members will be there too.”

“And I think I don’t have anything to wear.”

“Just leave that to me” Oh, that suspicious grin.

 

*****

“I hate it when you always bring me here. I feel like I’m a girl.” Soori muttered as she was trying on the outfit they chose since she was done with the hair and makeup.

 

“But you are a girl.” Kai was waiting outside for her already ready with his V-neck shirt and a pair of jeans.

He heard her groan. “This doesn’t suit me at all”

“Come on already.”

“And this dress is too short!”

“Soori”

“But….okay fine. And don’t laugh!”

“Okay okay” He stifled a giggle.

It was as always perfect. Her peach colored dress clung to her body perfectly, and true, it was a bit short. Her hair was curled and was left to its naturally silky state. Her make up was kind of dark but it’s not overdone. Kai mentally thanked the stylists and makeup artists for this.

Soori heard him giggle a bit.

“You promised not to laugh. I knew it. It’s bad, I should change.” Truth is, Soori couldn’t look at Kai because he was too perfect wearing those clothes. Maybe she had a thing for V-neck shirts.

Before she could dash off, Kai successfully caught her. “Uh-huh. Not so fast” He playfully warned. “You know angel, you look perfect.”

“You’re just saying that because I’m your girlfriend and all.”

Kai put his finger on her lips to shush her. “No, I’m saying that because I’m a man who loves you.” He never failed to make her heart hurt and beat like crazy.

“You’re just messing with me again—“

“You talk too much”

In a sudden moment all Soori could feel was his lips. They were the same as always. Whenever he kissed her it made her mind go blank and all she could think of was him.

“Even though you’re wearing heels, you’re still a bit shorter.” He teased, after breaking their kiss.

“Y-yah! Boys are just naturally taller than girls.”

“No, you’re just short.” He took her hand and started dragging her. “Come on let’s go.”

“I’m not that short.”

“Give it up angel”

“You’re mean”

 

 


Sorry, I'm kind of disoriented nowadays, I don't know what's wrong with me

Anyway, hope you enjoy this chapter. 

And after, tell me what you think ~ hehe