Say what?

Unwanted Attention

Fourteen

 

Lay kept on looking at her even though she went back to watching her feet. She really doesn’t want to step on him.

But then somebody cleared his throat, “Excuse me..” Kai looked at both of them and Soori finally stopped facing the ground. “But, I’d like to have my partner back. Can I?”

Lay knew he didn’t have a chance tonight but he thought he could grab some advantages and use them. And technically, she was his partner.

Lay stepped back and gestured Soori to go to Kai. Soori didn’t want to because she hesitated a bit. But in the end she went to Kai.

There she goes again, getting away from my grasp.

 

 

 

Kai grabbed her wrist and jerked her forward. He gestured something she didn’t understand to the musicians and the music instantly changed. Its tempo was fast and suited for lively dancing.

Kai scoffed, “You call that dancing?”

“I don’t know how to dance, okay? Lay just dragged me here”

“Well, miss. I’ll show you how it is properly done”

He stopped. She was confused for a minute but then Kai pulled her towards him. She hit his chest and was pressed closed to it as Kai’s hand pressed her back. He took a hold of her other hand and started moving.

“Um, Kai. This isn’t a good idea” Kai smirked.

“Oh, really?”

He made her turn around then captured her body once again. Even though she at dancing, Kai controlled her every movement, it was like she was a puppet and he was her puppeteer. And she eventually learned some basic movements like: how not to step on your partner’s shoes. Through Kai’s rapid movements she stabled herself and coped up with his fast pace.

They were moving like a well oiled machine. Some people turned to the dance floor to watch them. But everything didn’t last. In the course of time, the music ended and they made their grand ending pose. Both of them looking into each other’s eyes, panting. And the crowd erupted with applause.

Then Kai smiled. “See? It couldn’t be that hard”

“Because you were controlling my movements, duh.” But she still beamed.

 

*****

After she continually denied to Kai’s mother that she’s just a friend, she finally arrived in front of her apartment. When their dance finished, Mrs. Kim greeted them and was excited to meet Soori. It was pretty awkward. But she also found it amusing that Kai’s mother was like that.

Kai offered her a ride home, as he promised. She was glad to be able to go to bed and sleep all day. The heels were tiring her feet and the dress she wore made her kind of cold. She stepped out in his car.

“Bye Kai and thanks”

“I should be the one thanking you”

She nodded and walked to her precious apartment where then she could finally have a deep slumber. And Kai smiled for the umpteenth time as he watched her having difficulty in walking towards her apartment, because of the heels. But she still managed to do it.

He stepped in to his car and turned the engine on. On the passenger seat, there was a purse. Soori’s purse. He chuckled. He guessed he should go and return it then.

He arrived at her door step and knocked. The door opened revealing her. For a moment he was staring at her feeling something he doesn’t know. Then he realized that the moon’s glow was hitting her face making her look even more beautiful. He was in awe. Her eyes widened as she asked him why he’s here. He didn’t answer right away as he was busy figuring out something.

“Kai?”

He went back to reality blinking. “Ah, um..you left your purse”

“Uh, thanks!”

“I-I should go”

Soori nodded slowly. That has got to be the most awkward thing ever. But Kai’s heart was beating rapidly for a minute until it calmed down and mind cleared a little. He wondered why though. He shook his head. Soor’is just another girl. I think.

 

*****

 

Lay was in the library, waiting for her to come. He walked aimlessly just trying to pass time. She’s going to tutor Kai today. And as usual Kai doesn’t always come early. Maybe he could use that time to hang out with her. Or just talk to her for the mean time.

And there she is, carrying some books and notes with her. Her hair swayed a bit when she walked. And he liked that. He liked her with what she wore to the party, but he preferred her natural look.

 

“Lay.” When she said his voice, it’s like a songbird that’s calling him.

He approached her and they sat down at their usual place. Lay was a bit thankful that Kai didn’t value punctuality. Having a time with her like this is just pure bliss. They talked and talked about more books and about each other. Both of them knew some interesting facts about each other like Soori having the ability to bend her fingers backward. Lay told her tons of things that he liked and Soori listened well.

 

Kai walked into the library only to see them smiling at each other. Laughing like idiots. He was annoyed. This is supposed to be their tutorial session and Lay just came in here and chatted with her. And the worst part is that Soori didn’t mind.

Stepping a little closer until they can see him. Lay did saw him. He stood up and bid them goodbye. Soori was quite oblivious to what’s happening, but there’s definitely a little tension between those two.

Kai sat down. “Starting from now, you’re not allowed to get too close to him” His hand pointed to where Lay just left.

“What?!” Why on earth is he saying this? Soori felt confused and angry at the same time. She furrowed her eyebrows.

“You heard me”

She scoffed. He’s not her mother so why should she?  “You’re insane”

 


Huhu. Sorry if I didn't update yesterday, I'm just too busy with school :( 

I'll try to double update today, Hwaiting ~

OMG AND THANK YOU FOR THE COMMENTS, I REALLY APPRECIATE THEM ALL ;___; SOBBING.