I like you

Unwanted Attention

Nineteen

 

Thud.

The day I saw him, I ignored him like plague. He was the kind of guy I must avoid. Tall, good looking, popular, I hate that. But one little incident led me to him.

I wish I hadn’t helped him.

I wish I’d just left him.

I wish I could already make up my mind.

 

Soori can still feel the lingering sensation of his lips, as she touched hers with her fingers. She was confused, surprised and kind of flattered in a way. But the possibilities were endless.

What if Kai was just playing around?

Maybe that was just because he had a fever?

She knew his games. And she knew just how to play them. But then, she had never expected this to happen.

“But I know I feel something for you.”

“Ahh! Stop it! Stop thinking about it! About him!” She scolded herself while repeatedly smacking her head and rolling her body in bed.

Luckily, today is a weekend, so she didn’t have to face him today. She didn’t know what to react or what to do when the time will come that she’ll eventually have to talk to him. Her heart won’t stop beating when she thought about him, and her thoughts eventually wander off to his lips, and that faithful moment when he kissed her. Her face would turn into a tomato and she’d curse herself for it.

 

 

Ding Dong!

The ringing of the doorbell brought her back to reality. Reluctantly, she stood up and wondered who in the world might visit her at this time of the day.

The ringing got more impatient. “Okay okay! Coming!”

Turning the doorknob, she opened the door and revealed the person she absolutely doesn’t want to deal with right now.

“Yo.”

While having a poker face, she closed the door calmly and rapid. But his foot got stuck on the doorway. Soori cursed herself.

“I just want to hang out with you!” He struggled to go in but Soori was being stubborn enough to let that happen.

“No, leave me alone!”

“Park Soori!”

“Kim Jongin!”

Both of them used their strength but in the end the strength of a male is more dominant, so Kai went in while Soori didn’t approve of it.

“I hate you”

Kai heard her mutter. But he just chuckled knowing that he won this little fight.

“You hate me you say?” Soori stopped and looked at him. It might probably be the first time she had actually taken a real look at him. What he wore was simple, but he looked stunning in it. It made her attracted, but she never wants to admit that.

He took 4 steps closer to her and leaned in to her face. “Are you sure about that?” Kai might want to take back what he did back then when he kissed her, but he didn’t. Actually, he felt free to have said that. He was quite relieved to let her know what he was feeling. He was glad that he already knew he like her. It was hard, but he realized it was worth it. He had never felt this way to a girl before, so normally, he wouldn’t know what to do.

I guess I like this stubborn girl.

“S-S-Stop it K-Kai!” Hearing her stutter made him want to laugh, but he kept his composure and decided to a little bit longer.

She widened her eyes as Kai was leaning dangerously close to her. She thought he was going to kiss her again so she shut her eyes and waited.

But she heard him laughing. Opening an eye, she witnessed how he was making fun of her. Heat course through her and she realized she was blushing.

“I was just joking okay.”

So, all of it was just a game?

A joke?

 

Nothing more, nothing less, she thought.

 

 

 

“But what I said yesterday, wasn’t” He lightly pinched her cheeks.

 

****

Lay felt as if something’s not right. Something’s bothering him that he couldn’t explain what or why. Another weekend spent in the library waiting for her. And another day wasted because he couldn’t find her. He had a feeling that maybe this was not right. But he just shrugged it and went to his normal routine.

It has been days that he’d spent time with her. He was getting greedy of it. He wanted more. But he promised himself not overdo it, to just control himself. Self-control. He’s never been a fan of it. There were lots of times in his life that he’d lost it. But he’s practicing himself to manage it.

“’Till this moment I never knew myself.’” He laughed at himself.

“It’s because I found you” He’s been meaning to say that quote to her, because he knew she would instantly recognize it, it’s from her favorite book after all.

“Ah, Park Soori. What are you doing to me?”

 

****

 

“No, pick this one!”

 

“But this is cheaper!”

 

“I’m the one who’s gonna pay anyway”

Jerk. Just because he’s rich, he thinks he can do anything at the mention of his never-ending money.

Minutes after what happened in the apartment, Kai pestered her to cook dukkbokki. Soori told him to just buy from the street but he whined. He said it would be best if it’d be home cooked. Endless whining, and pouts from him convinced her begrudgingly. Now, she found herself at a minimart with him looking for the ingredients.

She suffered several comments from him that she was short when she couldn’t reach an item from a top shelf. Ignoring him was her best solution as always, but it made him want to more. She guessed Kai’s back to normal but she noticed that sometimes, she caught his lingering stares at her and when he literally brushed his hand with hers.

She tried not to blush, but it was useless.

 

“That’d be 100,000 won sir”  Kai effortlessly handed out his credit card as if it means nothing to him. The cashier happily took it and wasted to time to swipe it.

 

“Am I awesome enough for you?”

She groaned. “Never”

Typical Soori.

But I’ll just have to put up with that. I like you after all.

 

 


omg, I'm sorry if I'm too fast with the story lol

I'm trying hard to just update every single second of the day, since I'm getting busier.

but I want to write, so I'll just have to find time. Thank you for your comments, lol a lot of you were surprised.

lol. 

I hope you like this update even if I didn't proofread it. hehe .

And I would like to ask a favor from you guys, would you kindly click the vote button beside the title of my fic? you know the arrow. 

I know it's shameless of me, but I would really really appreciate it you guys

THANK YOU :)))