Fin

Unwanted Attention

Fourty Nine

 

 

 

“Teacher” Soori found herself looking at a wide pair of eyes from a five year old kid.

“What is that?” He pointed.

“This?” Soori touched her dangling necklace. “This is an angel.” She smiled.

“Angel?”

She nodded. “Angels are creatures who guide us from above.”

The little boy nodded. “Can I be an angel too?”

“Sure you can.” She laughed.

“But I don’t have this.” The boy touched the wings on the figurine.

Soori smiled and patted his head. A gesture she’s been too familiar with. “I’ll make you one tomorrow”

“Really? Thank you teacher!” The boy ran off with a big smile and hurriedly told his classmates about what he just knew.

 

Two years after a promise turned to four years without any single contact. Weeks after Kai left, he sent her a package and inside was a ring and an angel necklace which she had been wearing ever since. A month or so he called but he was a tad busy so he couldn’t always make time for her. But then she became busy with college things that it made her distracted. Eventually, both of them lost contact of each other.

Though Soori wanted to become a nurse, she had forgone to become a preschool teacher. What made her change her mind? She doesn’t even know. No regrets were felt. She loved kids. And she also loved teaching. Maybe, just maybe it started when she tutored Kai, who was acting like a kid at that time, well, even now.

“Soori?” Her co-teacher beckoned her. “This arrived just now saying it was for you.”

Soori accepted the fresh bouquet of roses handed to her. She inhaled the fresh and sweet tangy scent.

“Who’s it from?” Her co-teacher just shrugged her shoulders and left.

She suddenly received a text message.

Lay: Have you received my gift?

Soori: Yes, I did. Thank you by the way, they smell nice.

 

Soori put her cellphone on her pocket as class was starting. She didn’t have the chance to read what the latest message from Lay.

 

Lay: What? Usually when I sent you food you’d say “It’s delicious.” Maybe you’re out of your mind today.

 

***

 

Soori arrived at her new apartment in which she had acquired only just after three weeks earlier. She unlocked the door but stopped when she saw the same exact bouquet of roses she received earlier. Shrugging, she went inside her apartment and was about to text Lay about his rose prank.

Seeing the reflected image of her necklace, halted her steps and stare at it for a while. Smiling to herself, she preceded texting Lay about his lame prank. But an unknown number called her before she had a chance to do so.

 

“Hello?”

The other line was silent for a while, then finally a voice answered.

“Angel”

His rich and full voice echoed through her ears and she realized it was still the same old Kai she knew.

Panicking, she answered. “Kai? Where are you?” Soori frantically went outside her apartment and looked everywhere just to see a glimpse of him.

She heard him chuckle.

“I missed you.”  Soori could only hear his voice as she could not see him. A tear slid on her cheek and then more came a second after.

“Don’t cry.”

“Why won’t you show yourself?”

Another chuckle. “Turn around and you’ll see.”

Soori immediately did and saw him standing behind her. She ran and flung her arms around him and sobbed like a baby. Meanwhile, Kai was still full of laughter while hugging her tightly in his arms.

 

***

Kai had told Soori everything he went through the years he spent without seeing her or even having any contact with her. He explained how his engagement with Shin Hye broke. Shin Hye personally asked her father to cancel it but to continue sending support.

Shin Hye find the engagement to be a bother but in truth, she realized that sometimes, she can’t have everything. After accepting the aspect, she found a reason to move on and let things go.

Both of them were lying on Soori’s bed listening to each other’s heartbeat and feeling each other’s warmth.

“So, did you miss me?” Kai cooed.

“No.”

“Stop Lying.”

“I’m not.”

“Whatever, you’re still gonna marry me anyway.”

“What?!” Soori sat up, but Kai dragged her down and trapped her with his hug.

 

“Kai.”

“Hmm..” He groaned.

“I love you.”

“I love you too.” Kai leaned and kissed her with passion and gentleness.

 

“But I’m not gonna marry you.”

“I’ll force you.”

 

 


 

 

This is the end guys, Thank you all for sticking to my story. I'm sorry if I didn't write the ending as you wanted it to be. College is just to busy you know lol. Anyway, thank you guys so much. I'll try to write another fanfic again, if time permits, I'd write a Sehun or Chanyeol fic. THANK YOU GUYS AND SEE YOU AGAIN ;AAAAAAAAAAA;