Her annoyance

Unwanted Attention

 

Five

 

 

 

“Your bangs are covering your eyes.”

“You can’t see properly with that in the way.”

“Are you even listening to me?”

“Ugh, this math exercise is horrible.”

“Can you please be quiet?” Soori can’t take Kai’s constant whining and irrelevant comments. Spending an hour with him in the library is like experiencing hell, maybe even worse than hell. She gave him a math exercise first then later, English. Kai’s not particularly behaving well. But he did answer the questionnaires she gave him.

After Soori checked it, she was confused. Kai got a perfect score. Could he possibly be flunking school on purpose?

She studied him. Kai noticed it and gave her a wink. It made Soori produce an unpleasant groan. Whatever’s wrong with him, she isn’t gonna mess herself, as long as she got some extra credit for tutoring this guy.

“Can I have your phone for a second?”

“Mmm.” Soori was busy giving some tips and something to work on for Kai.

Kai grabbed her phone that was lying on the table. Soori was wondering what Kai was doing. His grin is making himself look like a maniac.

After Kai was satisfied with what he was doing he place Soori’s phone back on the table.

Kai never liked to stay put. He has to do something to keep him preoccupied. He even thought that maybe ha has ADHD. But nah, it couldn’t be.

 

“Why do you like to study so much?”

“Because I want to” Soori never tore her eyes from what she was doing. Kai detected that Soori is the type of person who puts a 100% into what she’s doing. She concentrated so much that she doesn’t even notice what’s happening around her anymore. How some girls are giggling over a kpop magazine? How the librarian lectured some noisy boys about silence in the library. Soori’s too engrossed on her work.

He believed that she’s doing this for her grades. What else would there be?

 

“Here. Pass it to me tomorrow.” Soori handed Kai his additional homework. It made Kai mentally murmur in distaste. “And here are some tips and shortcuts, it might be useful.”

“And..” Soori made a suspicious face. “You got a perfect score in all the exercises I’ve given to you.”

“So?”

“Are you purposely failing yourself?”  Why would anyone do that? But Kai is Kai. He’s stupid and puny.

“Not technically failing, but somewhat like that.”  Such a casual answer. But since he’s rich, he’s probably not that afraid of what lies ahead.

Soori gathered her things and started to leave. She can’t wait to go home and leave Kai.

“Wait!”  Stopped her tracks and saw that Kai was scrambling just to get an upright position. “You’re gonna leave already?”

Soori gave Kai a what-does-it-look-like-I’m-not-gonna-waste-my-time-on-you look. She turned around and left for good before Kai could say anything else that she won’t ever like.

*****

Chop, chop, chop. Vegetables in, now just to let it simmer for a while. The aroma of the stew Soori prepared made her want to let it be cooked fast so she can eat. Living alone made her learn how to cook. Nobody has to do this but only her. She has to fend herself and learn to be independent. Though, she was quite convinced she’s doing a good job at that. It’s actually easy at times. She only looks out for herself and do household chores without any hassle since she doesn’t make a lot of mess.

Now, while waiting for her food to be cooked, she immediately grabbed her book and started reading.

 

*****

 

“And I kicked him right in his !” Baekhyun boasted to his fellow members what he did to block b earlier. They went to another fight with them

“Serves him right!” Chanyeol nodded in satisfaction.

Exo, their gang name, gathered in Kai’s condo unit, discussing about their encounter. Exo is a gang yes, but they won’t go to the extent of some hardcore action like drugs and stuff. Basically, to them, this is a brotherhood. Different guys from different family backgrounds gather together in one group and are a brother to each other. The gang consists of twelve members, but one is in Canada right now. Nevertheless, they still look out for each other.

Sitting and lying around in Kai’s condo, the eleven members who are left in Korea interchanged some stories.

 

“I still can’t believe you missed the action Kai.” Chen contemplated.

Luhan grinned. “It’s because he got tutored by Miss Park Soori.”

Even though some of them are Chinese, they mostly understand Korean, so going to school in Korea won’t be much of a problem to them.

 

Kai only replied with a cool smile. He hated the fact that missed the fight; it’ll make him look wimpy. But he was also glad that at that time he was annoying Soori. Something about that girl tells him that she’s trouble and a hassle, but part of him thinks that she’s worth for passing time.

All eleven boys went back to their story telling mode. Chanyeol and Baekhyun were doing some hand gestures and even tried to imitate their enemy’s reaction. D.O had his eyes popped out the whole time while listening to their somewhat awesome story. Luhan, Chen, Tao and Xiumin were in their own world conversing with each other in chinese. Meanwhile, the silent ones, Lay, Sehun and Suho were quietly listening to Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s story.

And Kai was doing his most favorite thing: annoying Soori. He picked up his phone and composed a text message for Soori. He was beaming right after he got her number from her phone. Good thing too, that Soori didn’t care. But she didn’t know what he was doing.

****

“Itadakimasu!” After saying that famous Japanese phrase, Soori then dug in to her food. Yum. Food seems to be tastier if you worked hard for it.

 Unanticipated, her phone beeped. It could be her parents checking up on her. It was also a relief that she memorized their number after her phone got smashed to pieces. She informed them about it and they said they’d check up on her. A twinge of sadness overflowed through her. She missed her parents.

From: Almighty Kai

PARK SOORI, BOW DOWN BEFORE ME.

KEKEKEKEKEKE

Almighty Kai? He must’ve saved his number in Soori’s phone during their tutorial session.

 

From: Park Soori

If you die, then yes I’ll bow down.

P.S. don’t text me anymore

 

Kai grinned from ear to ear after reading Soori’s reply. Not text her? Aw, come on. He was just starting.

 

From: Puny Kai

I’m dying right now, so bow down already

After reading the “Almighty Kai” she immediately changed his username. Soori sighed in annoyance. She shut her phone and continued eating. Seriously, does Kai have anything to do besides pester her? Is he that bored? Ugh.

 

 

 


 

Omg, sorry for a lame update. I'll try to create some scenarios next time hehe.

lol