Missing you

Unwanted Attention

Thirty  five

 

“Graduation’s almost here” Miyoung sighed.

“Yeah. I can’t believe I’ll be leaving high school soon” Jihyun commented.

But Soori just giggled. “You guys, cheer up. It’s not like it’s the end of the world or anything.”

“Hey, it’s unusual for you to go home alone, where’s Kai anyway?” Miyoung questioned.

“He had dance practice today, so I’m on my own for now.” Soori heard them laugh.

“Aw, you already miss him, don’t you?” Jihyun slung an arm on her shoulder.

Soori giggled. “Stop it you guys.”

“Well, then this is where we part. Bye!”

The three of them said their goodbyes and went on their separate ways heading towards home. When Soori was just meters from their school gate she saw someone.

 

Sunyoung waved her hand. Soori tried to ignore her and just continue walking but Sunyoung caught a hold of her hand.

“If you’re looking for Kai, he isn’t here.”

Sunyoung giggled. “You see, I’m not here for him.” She momentarily checked her nails if there was anything broken. “I’m here to talk to you.”

“I’m busy” Soori yanked her arm and started walking.

“Aren’t you curious though? Why I lied?” Soori stopped her tracks and turned to look at her.

“Fine.”

“Fine?”

“I’ll talk to you, so make it fast.”

“There’s no need to rush, we have plenty of time.”

 

****

It’s been hours since Kai knew the news about his father. His mother called him earlier after his practice and told him that his father was experiencing frequent slight heart attacks. But last night was the worse. His father was sent to the hospital leaving Kai to take over the company for a while, but only partially though since the other shareholders would take over as well. It made him nervous a bit even though he had been having some practices.

He sighed. It’s not even graduation yet and he was entrusted by these responsibilities. Sometimes, he would imagine himself as a normal person without having any worries like what he’s experiencing now.

“And Jongin, you’re gonna go to Canada for your college education.”

Canada, huh? His mother said that phrase with a sad voice since she also was very happy knowing that Kai really did end up with Soori. And now, he’s gonna leave her behind. He finally found the girl that changed him and now he’s gonna be far away from her in a few months from now.

“Sorry eomma, but I think I’d rather enroll in a college here.”

After Kai said that, he immediately hung up and ignored the follow-up calls his mother made. Though recently, he noticed that their company’s sales have decreased a bit. But he wasn’t quite sure with himself because whenever he confirmed this to his father, he would never answer.

 

****

 

Soori and Sunyoung went on a nearby café and ordered some coffee and sweets as requested by Sunyoung. Soori initially refused but Sunyoung insisted.

“You could at least tell me what you want to say directly”

“Now, where would the fun be?” Sunyoung happily sipped on her coffee. “The reason why I lied was because I just wanted to stir up your emotions Soori dear. Surely, you’d have some insecurities hidden there, haven’t you?” She pointed towards her heart.

“So, that’s it?”

She giggled. “But Kai and I did have a relationship. Surprised? Not so, I think.”

“Whatever I don’t care, I’m going now.”

“Wait!” Soori stopped and looked back.

“I wonder what your reaction would be when you’d know what the plans are for the future.”

“Please stop playing riddles on me” And with that reply, Soori finally went out and dashed herself towards home.

 

****

 

Soori’s phone beeped. Curious, she went ahead and picked it up. A message from Kai.

 

From: Puny Kai

I want to see you.

 

 

As Soori was about to type a reply, her phone instantly received a call from Kai.

“Kai?”

“Where are you?” Soori noticed his voice have gone hoarse.

“I’m at my apartment. Why? Are you okay though?”

He chuckled. “Nothing. I’m coming.”

“Right now?!”

“Yup. Could you at least wait for me at the lobby?”

“Yeah, sure.”

The line went dead leaving Soori a bit confused. She doesn’t want to remember what happened earlier although she is curious about what she said. Soori let out a sigh and went downstairs to wait for Kai.

The lobby was barren, well, at this time of the night, who would be loitering around this area? She was a little scared because there might be some ghosts that might pop out soon. She saw Kai’s car and she waited for him to finish parking. Kai came out looking a little troubled. When his eyes met hers he smiled and looked at her in adoration.

Before she could say anything, Kai ran to her and hugged her tight. Surprised, she still managed to hug him back. “Kai?”

Kai squeezed her tighter and buried his face on her neck. “I missed you.”

“Did something happen?” He wasn’t answering her. “Kai?” Soori wiggled free from him but Kai didn’t let it happen. Instead, he squeezed her until she would no longer break free. He heard her sigh.

“You’re so stubborn Kamjjong-ah.”

Kai chuckled. He missed her even if they were just hours apart, how much more if it would be years? He can’t possibly survive his life without her.

After a long time, Kai finally loosened his embrace and looked at her intently.

“What?” She questioned while having a faint blush on her cheeks.

“You’re getting fat.”

“What?! How could you say that?” She whined.

“Your s are getting bigger, I could already feel them.” He joked around but he suffered a smack on the chest and a punch on his stomach. Before he could regain his posture, Soori already left without him, He staggeringly caught up to her. “Hey! Angel, wait!” But Soori was just there giggling at him.

 

****

 

“If you tell him about this, how do you think he’ll react?”

Kai’s father sipped his coffee before saying his reply. “I haven’t accepted the proposal yet.” Kai’s mother was having a worried look on her face.

“But if our company’s state would never improve—“

“I know that.” Mr. Kim cut her off.

“But dear, your health!”

“It doesn’t matter.” Mrs. Kim could only make up a sad face knowing she couldn’t do something to uplift this situation.  She sat on the bed. “You don’t want to marry him off just for a financial support from the WK group right?” She sighed. “Even if you try your hardest to suppress your feelings, someday, it’ll only reveal itself on how much you care for him.”

There was a long pause that made them think for some time.

“That girl he’s dating, what’s her name?” Mrs. Kim was surprised.

 

 

 

“Park Soori.”

 

 

 


So, did you guys missed me too? Hehehe. 

Well yeah, here's an update, hope you enjoy this since there'll be a lot of drama coming soon.

And, this time of the month I'll be super busy so I apologize if I don't update often

COMMENTS ARE LOVED~ MEHEHEHE