Because of the rain

Unwanted Attention

Eighteen

 

 

 

The wind suddenly felt cool. Looking outside, she witnessed the rain starting to pour. She felt tiny droplets of rain touch her arm. People outside were running just to get out of the rain. While waiting for Kai, she was observing. This is what she does best.

“It’s raining”

Kai appeared behind her after his confusion back stage. Taking into consideration what Greg said was helping him a little bit. 

“I like the rain”

She looked at him as if he was a five year old boy. Telling him her hobbies and her likes and such. He didn’t mind though, he could also learn something from her through all that.

“It’s sad that you didn’t win.”

He smirked. True. But he didn’t regret it one bit. He knew that he performed his best and that she was here. Although he was afraid to admit it, Soori was his source of confidence and strength because even if he’s already good at dancing, it doesn’t mean that he doesn’t experience stage fright.

“But I guess you’re the winner to me”  Soori found it cheesy saying that but she didn’t mind. She really thought he would win.

Standing side by side, overlooking the rain. Hands nearly touching, but they avoided it. Kai never appreciated silence until now. He could clearly hear her breathing even if other people were noisy on the sidelines.

“Ah, screw this!” She muttered. And her legs carried her on to the rain.

“Yah!”  He was astounded. “Come back here!”

But she didn’t, instead she spread her arms wide and twirled around like a kid while closing her eyes.

“Yah! Park Soori!” This girl is insane. She likes the weirdest stuff and she hates what’s normal.

“Come on Kai. Live a little!” She giggled.

He hesitated for a bit but in the end he went closer to her.

“What are you doing?” Soori asked as she saw Kai putting his jacket on top of her so that she won’t get wet.

His eyes instinctively looked at her. “You’re gonna get sick”

 

Thud.

 

Her heart did skip a beat. And it was louder every second that passed by.

 

Thud.

Why won’t it stop?

 

*****

 

“I’m gonna have my revenge. GAHHH!” Chanyeol was annoyed at Baekhyun cheating over a game that he proclaimed he was best for.

“Let’s see what you got!” And the two of them went to the video-gaming world.

 

“What’s wrong Lay? Are you upset?” Luhan sat down beside lay in Baekhyun’s living room couch. Most of the time, Exo lounge at Baekhyun’s place for some stress relieving sessions or just simply to hang out.

“Nah”

“I don’t believe you for even one second” Luhan put his hands behind his head and leaned.

 

Lay smiled. s knew him too much.

“Don’t bother, anyway, you don’t know”

“Believe me, I know”

Lay was baffled.

“I know how you and Kai feel about Soori”

Lay was stiff for a while. How could he know? Was he that obvious? Was he that lucid?

“I’m not that dense Lay. I know how it works. I’ve been there.”

True. But then Lay couldn’t formulate the words to reply to Luhan.

 

 

****

 

 

“Achoo!” Kai rubbed his nose. “Look, I got the cold instead of you”

“I’m sorry okay? Here, luckily my father left some of his clothes” She handed him a pair of sweatpants and sweatshirt. What else could she give him?

Soori decided to bring Kai to her apartment for the “burden” she caused him. And she felt that Kai was already shivering from the cold. This kid is used to all things comfortable and warm. Sometimes, he needs to experience the cold part too.

 

“Hey. Hey. HEY!” She held up her hands. “You can change in my room! Not here!” Kai already exposed the upper part of his body. He smirked. “I thought you like me, half-” Gesturing more of his body and letting her have a better view.

She immediately covered her eyes and said but more of a squeal. “Kai!”

“Okay okay” He immediately put the sweatshirt on and walked towards her. “And you can stop that now” He removed her hands that were covering her eyes and stared at her with a smile.

Thud.

There it goes again.

“I better finish changing the lower part too” He walked cockily and closed her bedroom door. But she could still hear his “achoo”.

 

Once inside, he scanned her room. Plushies everywhere, but other than that, it seems normal. Simple. Green-paint. Wooden study desks. Books piled up. These things, describe her. He found it amusing at the thought of her being too girly. No, knowing Soori, that wouldn’t ever happen.

He sat down in her bed. He can smell her scent. A faint vanilla essence. Later, he found himself flopping into her bed and snuggling. Her smell is like his fragrant lullaby that lulled him to sleep. And everything felt warm and black.

 

“Sheesh, that guy sure is taking his time” Grumbling, Soori decided to check up on him. She knocked but then he never answered. She tried the door and luckily it was open. Inside, she saw Kai sleeping.  For a moment she was a bit angry, but the tired look on his face made her expression soften a bit.

After all, he got the cold instead of her.

She approached him and crouched down so that their faces could be on a same level. His delicate breathing produced a warm breath that tickled her face. She touched his forehead. “You have a fever” As she was about to stand up, his hand grabbed her wrist and mumbled with his eyes closed.. “Please stay” She went back and sat on the floor in front of him.

 

“Appa” He breathed.

 

Considering that she was a girl, it slightly made her feel weird being unconsciously called appa. But she guessed Kai longed for his father too much.

 

******

 

He felt his hand holding on to something fragile and smooth. He opened his eyes. There, he witnessed himself holding her hand. Soori was also asleep on the floor. She never let go of his hand. She stayed there with him. And it made his heart clench more, and his stomach feel something fluttery inside.

 

He removed his grip on her wrist and he backed away a bit. He felt her stir and slowly opening her eyes. He immediately closed his and pretended to be asleep.

She yawned and stretched her arms. When she was finally sober enough, she stood up. “I guess I could cook some porridge for him”

He could hear her footsteps and the door being closed. He mentally sighed in relief. Soori acted like nothing happened. That was good.

 

Minutes later, he finally thought that it would be okay to emerge. He stood up and left the room with a last close of the bedroom door.

 

 

His feet couldn’t move when he looked at her from behind. The way she moved made him captivated by her beauty that he never realized before. The way her hair swayed as she move from left to right only left him staring. His urge to hug her and kiss those lips was strong. Hormones acting as if they knew him.  

Fever or not, he couldn’t deny his desire anymore.

 

Soori noticed his footsteps and turned around “Oh Kai!” she paused. “I cooked some porridge and if you say it’s bad I’m—“

 

 

His hand reached for her wrist and the other found her waist, as he pulled her closer to him. Without a waste his lips touched hers and he moved expertly through it all. Even with his eyes closed, he could still feel her eyes widened in surprise, confusion with a mix of random emotions. But later, she closed them.

The ladle she was holding fell with a clank on the floor. But it didn’t bother him, instead he moved through her lips in various ways he had known. The hand on her waist found her cheek and caressed it with his thumb. He didn’t want to scare her. He just wanted her. Here and right now.

What seemed like minutes, felt like hours to both of them. His desire was still strong but he figured it might be best to part her lips even if he didn’t want to.

 

 

 

“I don’t know what's going on with me” He breathed. “But I know I feel something for you.”

 

 


 

Kyaaaa ~ I was kind of giddy when I wrote this chapter

Okay, I hope you like this guys :)

I'm expecting some comments from you ~