I hate the fact...

Unwanted Attention

Twenty Three

 

 

 

Soori couldn’t forget the anguish look on Kai’s face. He looked the way he was before when he fought with his dad. While dabbing some ointment to Lay’s wound, she still thought of him.  Though she felt sorry for Lay who suffered that blow form Kai, she still cared about Kai. Through the times they were together, she knew Kai wasn’t that kind of guy.

He was different.

 

“You seem distracted”

Soori snapped out of her thoughts and faced Lay. “Am I?”

“It seems so”

She returned her focus back to tending his wound. “Maybe I am.”

“Is it about Kai?” That ticked her off.

“I think so”

 

Lay could sense how worried she was about Kai. Sometimes, he even caught her staring at him at times. But she never realized it. Lay was a bit bothered by Soori’s actions. He thought that maybe, just maybe Soori’s having some feelings over Kai.

After thinking it over Lay laughed. And it brought Soori to look at him in bemusement. “What?”

“Nothing.” He smiled. He knew he was just a friend and nothing more. For a moment back then he thought that Soori might be the girl who would love him the way he always yearned for, because she’s different than most girls he had met. At first, he decided never to give her up, to fight for what he felt. But then, he couldn’t always own her. He had to let her go.

If only she had met me first.

 

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Soori took her ringing phone and answered the call. “Soori-ah!”

It was Xuimin, with a rather frantic voice.

“D-deh?”

“It’s Kai…He got into an accident”

 

 

 

“You should go.” The look on her face, he can’t even describe it. She looked extremely worried and she took couple of breaths after knowing the news and the details that Xuimin gave her. “He needs you right now.”

 

“But what about you?”

Even after everything she still cared for him. “I’ll handle myself”

Both of them parted with him giving his dimpled and bright smile that’ll she’ll never forget.

“Um Lay” Lay was quite surprised she turned around. “Thank you, for….being a good friend.”

 

 

“My pleasure”

And then she ran away and left him tending his own wounds that came from his cheek and most especially from his heart.

I’ve always been a good friend.

 

****

Soori was out of breath from running and the anxiety when she rapidly went to the hospital. Right now, all she could think was Kai. How was he doing? Is he still alive?

God no. Please, let him live.

 

“Soori!”

She turned around and found Xuimin. She immediately ran and asked him where Kai was.

“Soori, calm down” She realized that she was practically asking him lots of questions. After calming herself down, she followed Xuimin to the room where Kai was. She could hear the thumping of her heart and how nervous she was. She didn’t know how to face him or what to say to him. But the most important thing right now is that she never wants Kai to die. No matter how annoying, selfish and a jerk he was, she knew that Kai holds a place in her heart. A place that she reserved for love.

The door creaked open. When she entered the light was dim, and she hated it. There, lying on a concrete bed draped with pale white sheets was Kai.

 

“He got into a coma”

 

Coma huh? Does that mean that he’ll have fifty percent chance of waking up? And what happens to the other fifty percent? He dies.

Her feet shakily brought her close to him. She looked at him emotionless, but the tears in her eyes couldn’t be held back anymore. It flowed like a free waterfall. Down and down, until she was sobbing. Moments ago she saw him in his healthy state. And now, she doesn’t even know what to do. Seeing him like this makes her want to turn back time.

 

Xuimin sensed her breakdown and left the room to Soori. She kneeled in front of him still sobbing, crying her heart out at his state. She missed him when he ignored her, and she admits that she was a little bit jealous that he was constantly with Hani. How could fate be this cruel?

 

When there were no more tears to cry out, she straightened herself. Wiping her eyes with her sleeve, she took a chair and sat beside him. She took his hand and brought it to her cheek.

 

The door opened but she didn’t care. And it was just Xuimin. “I’m going to go, Soori”

Still no words uttered. She was too busy looking at Kai and let all the emotions sprang free. Xuimin felt awkward a little and went out. When he closed the door, he let out a relieved sigh. “Kim Jongin, you’re such a great actor.”

 

 

***

Soori dreamt that Kai was lifting her and they were on a vast field meadow filled with flower in various colors. The wind’s temperature was great and the humid weather made her comfortable.

“Kai?”

“Shh, just go back to sleep angel”

Soori snuggled in closer and pulled the bed sheet up to her chin. Her head bumped into something comfortable nuzzled her cheek into it. The warm feeling was making her drift back to sleep. But then she remembered that she’s on a bed. And she felt a hand draped across her waist. Instantly her eyes shot open and found herself on the bed with Kai.

 

“KAI!!!!! You-you! You’re awake?!” Soori immediately left the bed and stood up pointing a finger at him.

 

“I’m sorry for everything”

 

Wait, what? She hadn’t expected that answer.

“I’m sorry for being an , a jerk you name it. I was just trying to win you over. I’m sorry if I often lied and made such irrational decisions without even thinking of your being.” He sat down on the edge of the bed, looking crushed with guilt. After some silence, he stood up. “I’m really sorry”

Soori was overwhelmed at how Kai said those things and the fact that he was healthy, not dying. IT made her eyes brim with tears again. She tried to hide it by wiping it hastily but it’s no use, it flowed endlessly through her eyes. Kai saw this and came closer to her.

“Shh, don’t cry”

“I hate you”

“I know, I’m really sorry for everything, I mean it Soori.” He took her hands away from her eyes to stop her from wiping them. Soori shook her head.

“I hate you because you lied and I was crying my eyes out last night because I thought you were going to leave me. I thought you might never wake up again and that thought scared me. I hate you!” She pounded her fists in his chest.

Kai let it be since he was at fault. He took her arms, in which she gave up hitting him, and he engulfed her into his embrace. Soori continued sobbing. “I hate you! I hate the fact that you came into my life and ruined everything. I hate that I like you!”

Those words, it made Kai’s heart flutter in happiness.

“You like me?”

“No! I hate you!” She was silent for a bit. And both of them still haven’t broken their hug. It was comforting and warm.

 

 

 

“Yeah, I like you”

 


 

Mehehehe, I just want to warn you guys that I'm rooting for Kai ~

Awww, sorry Lay x Soori shippers, I just adore KaiSoo (Soori x Kai) lol 

 

I hope you'll leave more comments :)