Not cool.

Unwanted Attention

Fifteen

 

“WE’RE GOING TO THE SKI RESORT!” Chanyeol shouted happily as the rest of the Exo members shushed him.

 

“We know okay, we’re on our way so just shut up.” Kai hissed.

Chanyeol pouted. “Baekhyunnie, look what Jongin just did to me” Baekhyun comforted his friend in return to make his noise level low.

Soori elbowed Kai in the ribs. “Ouch!”

“You didn’t have to do that”

Soori was kind of forced to join with them in their trip to Baekhyun’s Ski Resort. Of course, she constantly refused but the Exo members didn’t give up. They nagged her until she agreed. Sighing, she couldn’t resist their charms after all. She just treasured these boys so much. They gave her a genuine friendship that she cherishes. And they accepted her even though at first she didn’t like them and she never wanted to mingle with them.

And besides, it’s the winter break, she can’t let herself sit and curl up in her bed for the whole break.

On the bright side, there was another girl with them; it was Baekhyun’s older sister, Hana. And she’s immune to the noise of Exo. She was pretty cool to begin with. Her short hair, leather jacket and some cool boots made her look badass. And, she’s the nicest unnie she ever met, although she’s quite strict and has a very overwhelmingly loud voice. Soori noticed that she can control the Exo members. Maybe she knew them for a long time now.

When they first met earlier in the morning, Hana immediately hugged her. She was shocked and introduced herself anxiously. Hana befriended her right away. She was glad that things didn’t turn awkward as she might have expected.

 

 

On either side of her, Lay and Kai were sitting. Kai was sulking because Soori didn’t comply with what he said before. And right now, Lay and Soori are “happily” talking. He was irritated by their laughs, because usually it would be him that’s annoying her right now, but it ended up in the opposite manner.

“Somone’s trying to sleep here” Kai closed his eyes just to prove it to them. Instantly, Soori and Lay stopped but then they resumed talking in hushed voices. And Hana saw it all. She knew these boys so well, that she just chuckled upon seeing Kai’s behavior.

 

*****

 

“OKAY! Listen up you dweebs!” Hana has a very powerful voice that all of the members listened to her intently. After a long time of some mini road trip, they finally arrived to their destination.

“Here’s the list for the room partners or whatever” Then she goes on announcing who’s with whom.

Chanyeol with Baekhyun(as requested)

Sehun with Luhan ( also as requested)

Tao with Chen

Xuimin , D.O and Suho

Lay and Kai

And when she finished announcing Chanyeol immediately asks a question, “Where is Soori gonna sleep?”

“With me” Hana nonchalantly answered.

Since they couldn’t do anything about it, they resigned and ran up to their specific rooms. Regarding on the last pair, she intentionally partnered them. It might be fun.

“Unnie?” Aw, Soori looks so cute. “Um, where is our room?”

Hana smiled. She thought Soori might ask her something else. Something that is related to those two boys. “Come”

 

 

*****

 

 

I can’t believe this. With ten persons he could’ve been partnered with, why Lay? Kai is being ignored as he tried to beg to Hana noona to have a different roommate. And he can’t help but be annoyed at Lay, who was supposed to be his “best friend”. Or maybe, he was acting like a child, getting mad over something he doesn’t know.

He was alone in his room, lying on the bed. His things lying around for he was kind of tired. But he was just procrastinating. As he closed his eyes, his thoughts drifted. Soori. She was running. Her hair was flowing. And the sun made her look mesmerizing. Her smile was blinding his eyes, yet he can’t afford to look away.

What am I thinking? He snapped out of his short reverie. Confusing at it may seem, Kai doesn’t want to find out why on earth he just thought of that.

Sighing, he stood up and went out. The cold air whipped through his skin. The snow has very amiable shade of pure white. Lay and Soori are skiing. Laughing together again.

Wait, Lay and Soori skiing?

Distressed, he went back to his room to get dressed and join those two.

****

“I hate this.” Lay chuckled. As usual, he dragged Soori to go skiing even though she doesn’t want to. She said so many excuses regarding her inability how to ski and she has never gone skiing before, or rather, she hasn’t actually tried skiing even if they went to a ski resort.

Soori started moving with wobbly legs. She tried to balance herself but she ended up holding Lay’s hand. And he didn’t mind it.

“You’re enjoying this, aren’t you?”

“Yup.” He ended up laughing.

“Ah! Isn’t it a nice day?”

Both of them looked at the person who was obviously trying to get their attention. Kai, of course. Soori made a suspicious face. What is this guy doing here?

“Oh, Lay, Soori, didn’t see you two there”

“Yo” Lay smiled. He figured that Kai’s been seeking for attention from Soori ever since he started talking more with her.

 

 

 

“So, Lay, how about a race?”

Soori’s suspicion radar was going up. Kai is definitely up to something. She tried to warn Lay to say no but it’s too late, he already agreed.

“Race you to that tree?” Lay pointed to a tree placed pretty far from where they were now.

 

“Ready….start!”

Both of them raced in speed and a great amount of agility. Both of them were skilled in these things. Soori was quite amazed by the two of them. And Lay was leading with a small amount of distance. Kai can’t let himself lose. He has to think of something. He advanced a little bit, so that he could be in the same level with Lay. After, he blocked Lay in front causing Lay to immediately divert and lose control. Lay tumbled down the snowy patch in disrelish.

“Lay!” Soori instantly removed her skis so she could freely run up to Lay. Though with some difficulty, she finally reached him.

She put her hands under his head and tried to lift him up a little. “Are you hurt?”

He groaned. “I’m fine”

Soori noticed his difficulty in standing up. And she alone couldn’t lift him up. She called for the other Exo members for help. The members ran up right away and lifted Lay, bringing him back to his room to be treated. He was still groaning. It must’ve been painful.

 

Meanwhile Kai was still watching the whole thing. And somebody went beside him. “That was not cool kid” Hana commented.

 

 

What was he doing? Is he trying to kill his best friend? He felt awful, but pride kept him to where he is, standing.

 

 


Omg, you guys are confused who to pick ? Whuuuut. 

lol, anyways, it might be fun to see you guys having a "torn between two lovers" situation, lol joke

Thank you for the comments, hope you'll leave more soon :)

HOOOORAAAYY FOR DOUBLE UPDATE *WINK*