Consequence

Unwanted Attention

Thirty Nine

 

Several minutes passed by and he still didn’t show up. Kai told her to wait for him saying that he had some business to do, and after, they may go home together. Then, he ran back to the school.

Soori was left alone to ponder on her thoughts. And those thoughts would eventually wander back to her conversation with Kai’s dad. Kai being engaged might be outrageous but not impossible.

“Hey.” She turned around and saw him catching his breath. But he eventually straightened himself and gave her a lopsided grin. “You ready?”

She eyed him warily, “You’re weird today.”

“Am I?”

She shook her head. “Forget it.”

“Come on, let’s go.” Kai pulled her forward but on the wrong direction.

“But we’re taking the wrong way.”

“Exactly.”

“I don’t get you.”

“I know.”

“Kai!” She whined, not getting any of his actions. But he just laughed and snuggled her closer to his chest.

 

****

“Are you sure we’re eating all of this?” Soori looked at the various flavors of frozen yogurt spread across the table. Kai said to only have a little snack. This is what he meant by “little snack”?

Her eyes still haven’t gone little as she was busy scanning the assortment of flavors.

Kai was smiling pretty wide. “Yup.”

“But….but…is this even legal?” She turned to look at him.

“I paid for these okay?”

She giggled and dug in to the food.

As she was busy eating, Kai had his eyes stuck to every move she made. This might sound like he’s a stalker, but he was just really admiring how she can eat this stuff.

“You’re not gonna eat any?”

He chuckled. Typical scenes in movies. There was a yogurt stain on . He went up to wipe it with his own thumb and it afterwards. Soori could only avoid his playful grin.

“Thanks for that, what flavor was it?”

“Green apple.”

Soori stared at him when he wasn’t looking her way. She contemplated about whether or not she was going to ask him about being engaged. After what Minah told her, she still hasn’t gotten that idea out of her mind.

Okay, I’m going to ask him right now. She cleared her head with all the negative thoughts.

“Kai?”

“Hmm?”

“This might sound funny but…are you—“ Soori was interrupted by the ringing of Kai’s phone. He mumbled sorry and then took the call. Soori just slumped on the chair, feeling wasted.

After ending the call Kai mumbled a lot of curse words.

“What’s wrong?” Soori warily asked him.

“It’s the old man. He wants me to do something, right now.”

“It’s okay,” She gave him a genuine smile. “It’s probably important.”

 

“But,” He held out a finger. “I still have to walk you home.”

She giggled. “Fine”

 

 

They went feeling full from eating earlier. Kai immediately clutched her hand and pulled her close to him. Soori’s heart never ceases to beat rapidly when Kai’s being protective towards her. Neither of them said a word until they arrived at her apartment.

“Wait, I forgot something.” In a matter of seconds a rose appeared on his hand, which Soori guessed was out from nowhere.

“How did you do that?” She giggled while taking the flower.

“Magic.” He grinned.

“Well, thank you for today.”

“You are most certainly welcome.”

Soori turned around and walked for about five steps when she felt his arms around her from behind. She gasped a little and asked him if he was okay.

He breathed in her scent. “You’re just so adorable for your own good.”

She just ended up laughing a bit. “I don’t really understand you sometimes.” She felt him turn her around and he directly kissed her intensely. At these random moments when Soori felt the most butterflies in her stomach.

She had to admit, Kai is a good kisser. Even though she isn’t experienced in these things, he still managed to convince her.

Slowly opening her eyes as they broke their kiss, he still pecked her lips one last time before saying goodbye.

 

Soori went in to her apartment with a stupid grin on her face. But reality dawned on her.

“I forgot to ask him!” She smacked her forehead.

Sighing, she kicked her shoes, placed her bag on the couch and wondered why there was an extra pair of shoes. Extra pair of shoes? She checked it again, and there it is. Someone had entered her apartment.

“Soori?”

Soori let out a scream and turned around, relieved to have seen her mother.

“Mom?” She dashed and hugged her tight. “Mom!”

Soori’s mom hugged her daughter in return.

“You didn’t tell me you were coming.”

“Surprise?”

Soori just laughed. She missed her mother but this was quite unexpected.

 

****

“I missed seeing you cook mom.” After a bath, Soori immediately went downstairs and found her mother cooking something. All people think the same. Home cooked meals always taste the best, especially if your mother cooked it.

“Really? I thought you were doing fine living on your own.”

“Yeah, but its kind of tiring sometimes.” She replied. After a few moments of silence, she spoke, “Mom, why are you here?”

“Surprise visit”

“I know you’re lying”

Her mother sighed. She turned off the stove, set up the table and prepared the food, and then she sat down to eat with her daughter.

“Mom? You still didn’t give me an answer.”

“I was fired.”

“What? Why? You were working there for years!”

“I know” Her mother sighed. “It was a normal day and the next thing I knew I was fired.” She sipped on her soup. “And I guess I should visit you since I’m pretty free, and I missed my daughter.”

“How’s dad?”

Her expression turned stiff. “Well…he’s also struggling to keep his job.”

“I don’t really understand this.”

“Me too, dear.” Her mother said a little bit too glum. “But I heard someone said that I got fired because of a company.”

“What company?”

“I’m not sure, but was it Kim Corp.? I didn’t hear quite clearly.”

That sounds familiar.

Soori’s spoon clanked on the ground when she realized that it was Kai’s dad’s company.

“Soori? Are you alright?”

“Ah, yes.” She said nervously. 

 

 

 

 

 


Hi guys, I may have to end this fic soon ^^ 

And I would immediately start another one :3