He owes her

Unwanted Attention

Three

 

 

“So, your name’s Soori huh.” Kai placed his hands in his pocket trying to look cool. After Soori agreed to his request he took her to the mall where he would buy or repair her phone after school. Soori seemed reluctant at first. She discovered that Kai already drove a very fancy car, and he’s what eighteen? Seventeen?

“The power of student license baby”  That was all Soori got as a reply. She was tired of his crazy antics. She shrugged and went with him, hoping that this would be fast.

 

“The name Soori seemed to be a lot girly compared to you in real person.” Kai teased.

“Yeah, and the name Kai seemed a lot cooler compared to you in person.” Soori retorted back. That knocked some sense into Kai. Before he could reply Soori already managed to walk faster leaving him to his doubtful thoughts.

Kai finally catched up to Soori. They walked side by side, with enough space that Soori preferred. She doesn’t want to get too close to a boy, a boy especially in Kai’s kind. Handsome, Jerk, and rich, would be the perfect words to describe him. But Soori wasn’t foolish enough to give up to Kai’s antics. He has to try better than that.

Kai never saw Soori smile, laugh or even create some kind of emotion. He cracked up some jokes when they walked but she found it corny and ignored him. Is she some kind of robot? Kai thought. But, it adds to his excitement. He found Soori just like a gift waiting to be unwrapped. And Kai liked gifts, especially ones that are hard to unwrap.

“Hello, May I help you?” said the lady who worked at the store. Kai immediately told her if Soori’s phone could be fixed.

“I’m sorry but it seems that..it’s been battered badly.” The worker examined Soori’s phone. “Perhaps you could buy a new one?” the worker suggested.

Soori thought it would be shameless to let Kai buy her a new phone. She isn’t that thick-skinned. She just went with him in hopes for her phone to have a second chance at living and to finally get rid of this annoying boy.

“Ani, its fine, tha—“

“I’ll buy one, that unit still.” Kai cut Soori before she could finish. The worker nodded and went to his business.

“You are such a push over.” Soori rolled her eyes.

“A handsome pushover you mean?” Kai pestered.

“No, I meant a puny push over.” Soori countered. “And I’m not accepting that phone.” After that, she sauntered away from the store.

Kai was briefly shocked.

“Umm, sir? Here’s the phone.” Kai faced the worker and accepted the phone. He gave him his credit card. (Rich Kid) and the worker swiped it within a matter of seconds.

“Did you have a fight with your girlfriend, sir?” The worker said as he handed Kai the box which contained the damn phone that he bought for that girl.

Upon hearing the worker’s comment, Kai smirked. “Why yes, my girlfriend has a very bad temper.”

The worker smiled nervously and bid them goodbye.

Kai walked to where Soori was standing. Soori didn’t want to wander off since she wasn’t familiar to this place. She seldom went to the mall after all and she might get lost.

“I heard that.” Soori muttered.

“I know you did.” Kai winked.

The guts of that guy never seem to run out. Soori wondered if Kai worries about anything else rather than his face, and coolness. He was never cool to begin with anyways. He’s…puny, right! Puny.

“Here.” He handed the phone to Soori. “If you’re not taking it then I might as well throw it away—“

“Don’t!” Soori was astonished to have said that. She quickly clamped . “I mean, fine, I’ll take it.” She snatched the phone from Kai’s grasp. Then she started walking, eager to go home and be away from Kai’s presence. Just the mere existence of him annoyed her.

“I knew you’d take it.” Kai grinned from ear to ear.

“Because you threatened to throw it away” Soori plainly replied.

“But still, you took it.” Kai can’t help but glow in success.

Ugh. Soori was unable to take Kai’s teasing. She sped off.

“Yah!” Kai scrambled to his feet and went after her.

 

******

 

She remembered a memory that she once kept. She was upset that her parents were going overseas. Upset wasn’t even the first word to describe what she felt. It was more than that. She also felt anger and disappointment. She ran. She ran until her legs gave up. After that, she felt better. Releasing some fumes from inside of her was making her calm down. Soori often does this. Run. Run when she’s upset, sad, and angry. And then she would be breathless, but she liked it.

Another morning at school, and PE had to be their subject. But Soori was glad since she could run. After stretching her body she went to place herself on the starting line.

“Go!” She instantly ran. She didn’t care if she’d come up last or first as long as for once, she could feel free because of running. But usually, she came first, which she proudly maintains.

Kai was yawning while walking his to class. He didn’t get much sleep last night because of some gang meeting. Kai entered the gang as his sort of liberty from all the stress he faces. His father kept telling him to improve his grades for he will inherit their company. But Kai doesn’t want to run up some stupid business. He wants to do something else.

Oh. It’s Soori. And she’s running. Kai wondered.

He could see that Soori was enjoying herself. He saw a faint smile that appeared on her face. This was probably the first time he saw her smile, even a little bit.

“Oy! What are you looking at?” Luhan popped out from nowhere.

“Nothing.” Kai answered. He looked at Luhan’s face. Luhan smirked. “Oh I see.”

Luhan clamped the back of a nearby Lay. However, Lay just smiled at his lunatic friend. “Our Kai here is checking a girl out.”

“Whatever you say Luhan” Lay waved his hand.

“Shut up Luhan.” Kai laughed then proceeded to their next class.

 

****

Bored, Kai looked at his watch and found out it was almost six. He was called by his teacher for something that she needs to tell him. Low grades. Importance of education.  Same old routine. Kai is not a as he might seem. He’s just, well, tired. He wants to screw up for a while. Screw up his perfect little life. But he hadn’t realized that he might just be longing for some attention from his father.

“Okay, Kim Jongin, I assume you already know why I called you here.” The teacher sat down in front of him.

“Psh, yeah.”

“Well, I guess I can’t give you oral warnings from now on.”

Wait, what?

“You need a tutor.” The teacher babbled along with some students she named for him. Those unknown ones might be his candidate for a tutor.

“Miss Song, wait!”  She was baffled to see an actual reaction from him. “Can I perhaps suggest to you, who my tutor would be?”

Miss Song hesitated, but Kai immediately slip her name. After checking her grades, Miss Song was convinced. Kai hoped that she would consider though. It might actually be fun. Tutoring sounds fun, when she’s with him. He could probably torture her all day.

“Okay. I just need Park Soori’s confirmation, and then it’ll all be set.”

 

 

 


 

I'm such a lozer when it comes too writing, sorry. sometimes I just overdescribe things and stuff you know. And I"m not aware of it. lol.

Thank you for the constructive criticisms :)