Those three words

Unwanted Attention

 

Short update ahead! sorry >.<

 

Twenty Six

 

“What?” Kai’s head was circling with thoughts he couldn’t even understand. His voice was louder this time, enough for passerby’s to look at them. 

“Shh! Don’t be so loud!” Soori hissed and then dragged him to a nearby bench. They sat down and continued their conversation.

 

Kai sighed. “Soori, tell me all about it.”

 

“Normally, I’d prefer not to talk about it..”

 

“Oh. I’m sorry” Kai felt disappointed upon her reply. He thought she would open up to him like what he did. He guessed he needs to try harder.

 

“But I guess I need to tell you” Her hair was blown by a light wind that passed by. Her eyes twinkled as she told him her story. The story which she hid and the story which caused her to hate men with the only exception of her father.

 

She told him that the guy was her cousin. He was older by three years. They were friends and he would normally look out for her. She was comfortable with him because he treated her as a brother which she never had. Ever since her parents started working overseas, he became a little weird. He started to turn up at her apartment every night. And in every single night, she noticed how he became a little bit touchy.

“..At first he would usually roam his hands around my thigh. And I thought it was something brothers and sisters do..” The world seemed quiet to both of them. Kai listened to every word she uttered. He never wants to miss even a single syllable.

Soori softly chuckled. “I guess I was too naïve at that time. And because of that, it got to the point where he forced me to have with him… I was scared, afraid and vulnerable. I didn’t know what to do…”

Kai reached out for her hand and squeezed it, indicating that he was still here, listening to her. “I did everything I could to get out. I used up every amount of force I had left. Everything was a blur after that. And all that had been left was a scar on my wrist.”

Soori lifted her wrist to show it to him. She wasn’t proud of the things she had done after her cousin did that. She cut herself, she cried and she hated boys. After some time, she eventually got over it and decided to live her life without ever trusting boys.

Kai didn’t know how to respond. He didn’t know the right words to say. But one thing was definitely sure, he was angry at that guy. He was furious at what he did but then even if he felt those emotions there was nothing he could do to alter time and stop that guy from doing anything to her.

 

“Kai?” She looked at him and smiled. She is an angel. Why hadn’t he met her before so he could have avoided doing those things in the past? “You’re the only guy I’ve ever had a relationship with, so sorry if I act so harsh sometimes. I really have no idea how to act like a perfect girlfriend or something and—“

Kai shushed her by putting his finger on her lips as he was having this cute smile that can make Soori blush.

“You don’t have to do anything angel, I love you even if you’re so grumpy at times.” Soori couldn’t look at him anymore, she felt embarrassed by his amused look. Come to think of it, it’s the first time that Soori heard Kai say those three words.

 

I love you. Some day, she will say those words to him without any hesitation.

 

“Yah! Didn’t you hear what I said?” Kai gently flicked Soori’s forehead with his finger.

“No I didn’t hear anything.” Soori abruptly stood up and rapidly walked. Kai reacted by standing up and catching up with her pace. He decided to have fun with her when he saw her flustered reaction. Kai leaned in from behind and whispered. “I love you angel.”

Soori’s eyes widened and she was sure of that there’s an evident blush plastering all over her face. Meanwhile Kai absolutely loved her reaction.

“Why angel, I really really really love you—“

“Okay I get it!”

 

Someday, I will hear those words come out of your mouth angel, someday.

*****

“Lay?”

That voice. It belongs to someone he wanted to have but he didn’t. He failed. Now, she belongs to someone else. And that someone was his best friend. Right now, he wanted to eradicate the feelings her felt for her. But he couldn’t. Yet maybe time may only be the solution.

Just let things be Lay and accept it.

 

“I see so you’re ignoring me now.”

He laughed. “Soori, actually I’m not. I’m just thinking about things…”

“Well, whatever then.”

He didn’t expect her to come today at the library. Normally, he would be waiting for ages but in the end she won’t ever show up.

“What brings you here?”

“Tada! I’m just going to return this book.”

“Oh.” Something’s different about her today. She seems to be smiling a lot.

“You sure are cheerful today.”

“I am?”

Lay nodded. He knew why she was like this.

He always knew.

 

“Yah! Angel!”

“I got to go Lay, nice seeing you here again” With a simple wave of her hand, she instantly ran and went to Kai’s side. 

 

 


Huhu. Sorry I'm so sorry

But I just love KaiSoo moments you know

I love writing their lover dovey moments, so kill me now

hehehe