Girl Talk

Unwanted Attention

Thirty Three

 

Both of them walked into the Marlin Club, a flashy and expensive nightclub. The smell of alcohol is irrevocably strong mixed with sweat from people dancing on the floor. This place was uncommon to her, every inch of it. But she felt relieved when he grabbed her hand, indicating to trust him. She saw different types of people, there are those who are having the time of their lives dancing and there are also those who are merely drinking at the bar.

Each step she took was hard because of the heels, but Kai was there to lean on. She felt his hand hold on to her tighter than before. “Don’t let go of my hand okay. I don’t want to lose you in the sea of people here.”

True, the club was packed with people.

“Kai!”

 

 

“Sunyoung.” That name made Soori look around. Finally, she saw her. Sunyoung looked like she’s in the same age as them but only a bit more high class. One could simply know it from the way she dress herself and the way she acts. She wore a shorter dress than her and even a higher heel than her. And the way she carried herself was full with poise.

“Ahhh! Kai I missed you so much!” Sunyoung practically ran and gave Kai a tight bear hug; making his hand abruptly dropped hers. Not that she minds though.

“Oppa, you’ve grown taller!” Sunyoung giggled.

“Nah, I didn’t” Kai answered. Sunyoung continued asking questions. Soori kind of felt out of place, seeing the two of them talking eagerly.

“Ah, Sunyoung, this is Soori,” Sunyoung turned to look at her and smiled. “My girlfriend.” But when Kai said that, her face kind of twitched a bit

“Oh.” She paused for a while. “Annyeong Soori, I’m Lee Sunyoung. Kai and I have been friends for a along time now”

Why does Soori feel some kind of awkwardness? “Ah, neh, nice to meet you Sunyoung-ssi”

“Just call me Sunyoung.” Her smile was kind of eerie but pretty in some ways.

*****

“Sehun, Luhan and Chanyeol are here too”

Soori was quite relieved that there are people that she’d know in here. Truthfully, she wanted to go back home and lie in bed all night, but she already agreed on this, might as well continue with it.

“Sooooooooooooori~” Chanyeol wasted no time to hug his most favorite female friend.

Soori just ended up chuckling. “You miss me already?”

“No, he just misses you cooking, Soori. Don’t get fooled by that child-like face” Chanyeol was caught up in his act and laughed nervously.

“Oh. Sehun-ssi, you’re here too?” Soori wondered. Sehun is the kind of guy that dislikes crowded areas.

“That guy dragged me here” He pointed to Luhan. He flinched a little. “No! Actually, Sehunnie begged me and I was really really considerate and kind towards him and –“

Soori drowned up everything Luhan has left to say. Really, that guy becomes defensive when it comes to Sehun. Instead, her eyes wandered off to look for someone. But she saw him talking animatedly to Sunyoung. She felt that something’s not right. If she ignores this feeling it might become something she would regret. But then, she couldn’t just interrupt them, it would be too rude. They’re friends that haven’t met up for a while, right?

But, the way she casually touched him and if she was an outsider, she would automatically think that the two of them are dating by the casual flirting they’re doing.

“Why don’t you just sit down and stop looking at those two?”

Soori turned around and saw Sehun drinking calmly in his seat trying to fixate his sight on something she could never guess. “They’re just friends. You don’t have to be jealous.”

Jealous? “What? I’m not. I was just….just looking around”

“Hmm..right.”

 

Chanyeol and Luhan came to sit beside her when they were finished arguing about some childish things. The boys did entertain her but she still felt uncomfortable in this place and situation.

“I’m going to the CR for a bit.” After earning a nod from the boys, she stood up and went ahead. Soori was still waiting for Kai to be with her but she guessed he was too busy with Sunyoung. And what’s with Sehun today? He’s acting quite weird.

 

 

****

Soori went out of the cubicle and was going to wash her hands. But she saw that Sunyoung’s here too. Well, isn’t this awkward?

She slowly approached the sink and let the water flow, washing her hands. Sunyoung was reapplying makeup on her face. Soori thought that it must be nice knowing how to apply makeup, since she never bought any of it so naturally she would never know how to use it. Sunyoung’s a bit taller than her too; she estimated it by not counting their heels. And she has to admit, Sunyoung is glamorously pretty, unlike her, who’s probably kind of plain.

“I heard lots of things about you.” Sunyoung said as she was applying her lipstick. “Kai always talks about you.” She chuckled. Soori did as well but it was out of nervousness. “That’s why I had to think of many ways to change the topic.”

Soori looked up at her. Sunyoung was smiling, no, she was smirking.

“You have probably kissed right? I mean kiss the way lovers kiss.” She put her lipstick in her bag and turned to look at Soori. “But I guessed you two haven’t had .”

Soori’s eyes went wide.

“You know, Kai. He’s pretty good at bed. I like it when he gets rough on me.”

“What?” Sunyoung’s saying this as if she— wait, did she—

“We dated once.” Her eyes seemed dark. “And I was the one who took his ity.” Sunyoung smirked. “But then again, he took mine too. So, you see, we share this bond even though were friends.”

“I-I sh-should…” Great, now I’m stuttering in front of her.

“Soori dear. Every guy on this planet has needs, especially those guys who were once wounded and needed a bit of medicine. And to Kai, his needs are rather…how should I say this…complex.” She paused. “And I guess you can’t give that to him right? It’s too precious to just give away to your first boyfriend, especially when your boyfriend has already experienced so many things than you. And he’s an eye-catcher too. His appearance would set any girl on fire.”

 

This feeling. Soori didn’t want any of it. It feels like she’s a burden all of a sudden. She felt like crying and she was thinking what kind of world she got herself into. But she knew she had to be strong. Sunyoung’s just another girl after all.

 

“Oh, and Soori dear. I’m not stealing Kai from you. I’m just going to make him give up on you and go after me instead.”

W-what?

“Now now, that’s not technically stealing right?”

 

Get a grip Soori.

 

“I’m glad I’ve had this talk with you. But I’m going now.” Even after Soori was a bit farther away, she could still hear Sunyoung’s scoff. Maybe I should do something to that girl, Sunyoung thought.

 

 

 

Really, what have I gotten myself into?

 

 


Sorry guys. I know I haven't been updating lately. *smacks self for being so lazy*

 

And I hate school

Literally hate school

but I have no choice but to rant

(sorry for dragging you into this)

 

anyways, have fun ~

*I will try my best to update tomorrow! hehe~)