Beginning

Unwanted Attention

 

 

ONE

 

The sun’s rays are beating down on the school field. A rather hot weather was waiting for them. But despite all of that, students continued with their daily routines.  Girls whispering to each other in the corridors are rather noisy today. The clanking noise of the lockers being slammed or closed was a usual thing. Walking alone in the corridor wasn’t such a bad idea after all.

“Oh my gosh it’s Kai!”

She turned. She looked at Kai. He was as always dashing; even she had to admit it to herself. Kai had jet black hair that looked well, awesome. He had a nice built and broad shoulder that girls would absolutely love, no go crazy for, rather. Plus, he was in a gang, and girls had no problem about it since most of them like bad boys.  But sometimes, not all girls like boys with their appearance, attitude matters as well.

“Soori-ah!”  The faint voice of her best friend was nagging in her mind again. Sliding down her hand in her locker door, she slowly closed it and sighed. Another normal day at school, she thought.

“Yah!”    Soori’s best friend, Minah slapped her back from ignoring her back there.  “You’re doing that staring-off-to-space again.”

Soori chuckled. She was glad to have Minah as her best friend because she was too noisy for her own good. She liked having her around. Soori had a hard time opening up to her since Soori mostly wants to be by herself.

“What are you laughing about?” Minah puffed her cheeks.

“Nothing, really.” And the two of them started walking.

 Minah narrowed her eyes. “Yeah, well. I have to tell you something.”  Minah immediately dropped her cheerful voice to a sad one. Soori noticed it and instantly knew what she had to tell her.

“It’s tomorrow right?” Soori looked upwards towards the sky. She looked at how the trees looked magnificent when shined upon the sun. It has this twinkling effect that has gotten her mesmerized. Soori noticed the silence and guessed she was right. But Minah suddenly spoke up.

“I guess it’s our last day.”

Soori had to choke up a sob because she wants to be strong for her friend. Five years of friendship isn’t that easy to let go after all. Soori chuckled at the memories of her constantly saved from bullying by Minah. Minah was witty and had a great deal of courage. Soori hung her head down and then turned towards her best friend, smiling.

“Then, let’s make the last day memorable shall we?”  Minah was entranced at how beautiful Soori looked. Her long brown and wavy hair had made its toll around her face which made her looked beautiful in a fresh manner without any make up in the way.  

 

****

 

Soori flopped down her bed after her last hang out with Minah. She hadn’t noticed the tears she had produced until it blurred her vision. She wanted to stop it but she knows it would useless. Soori wondered about the frightening reality that she would no longer have a friend. No one she could talk to and no one she could trust in school. it up, she mentally scolded herself. She survived her life even before Minah came to her life.  While cheering up herself, she eventually fell unto a deep slumber.

 

*****

 

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Soori groaned while lifting up her hand to stop the noisy alarm clock. She plopped up herself from the bed and started to get ready for school. She did the usual routine, brush her teeth, refresh her body and put on some clean uniform.

She went downstairs to prepare herself some breakfast. Soori prefers to live alone which made her no problem at all when her parents decided to work overseas. Her parents loved their daughter dearly so they sent her enough amount of money for her every month. But Soori doesn’t like to spend the money for herself; she’ll either save it or buy books for her past time.

 

After eating Soori went out her apartment, locked the door and started walking to school. She settled her bag to be comfortably slung on her shoulder. Walking is one of her hobbies. Walking makes her do some intensive thinking just about anything.

Her vision was suddenly disturbed by a man who was staggering.  She squinted and looked closer. She noticed that the man was wearing their school uniform. And she eventually realized that the man was Kai, full of bruises and wounds across his face, arms and in his legs with torn up clothes. She guessed that since Kai was in a gang, he probably got himself to a fight.

Soori doesn’t want to tangle herself with all these matters, so she decided to ignore him and let him suffer all the consequences he ignored to notice.

But Kai can’t survive any longer, he collapsed to the ground. He pushed himself up but it’s no use, his energy was used up by the fight he got earlier.

 Those bastards, he thought to himself. Kai tried to ignore the gang called block b that trapped him earlier. Heck, he doesn’t even know what they want. But all of them just wanted to test his strength. Kai shrugged it off and ignored them. But one member grabbed his arm, and the rest was a blur. All the punches thrown and received were clouding his mind. He thought it was unfair since they’re so many and he was just only one but when was the gang world fair?

Kai probably thinks he’s pretty pathetic right now, struggling to get off the ground and walk. Using up all his energy just to get his back to his condo unit.

Three, two, one, push! Kai ended back to the ground. It’s no use.

Just the when he lost all hope, a pair of small hands tried to get him up. Soori thought it would make her a very bad person, not to mention heartless, for leaving Kai alone in the alley.

“Come on, get up.” Soori heaved Kai up. She thought it might be best to bring Kai to her apartment, because, it’s near and Kai is definitely not a light person.

Kai grunted as he was beginning to stand up. He didn’t know who the hell this person was and why this person helped him. But he was quite thankful. He just hopes this person isn’t one of his overly obsessed fan girls.

With Kai’s arm slung around her shoulder and half of his weight leaning on to her, Soori found it hard to unlock her front door. And when she did, she mentally did a victory dance.

“Sit here.” Soori only got a response of a groan by Kai. She thought that maybe that was a serious fight after all.

She went to get the medicine kit. Meanwhile Kai tried to process his surroundings. The apartment was too girly for his sake. The scent was too flowery for his taste and guessed that he was probably in a girl’s apartment, meaning the person who helped him was a girl. And there she is, carrying a medicine kit. She kneeled in front of him and started preparing some cotton and antibacterial stuff that would make Kai hiss in pain if dabbed into his wounds.

“Just hold still okay? This might hurt a little.”  Soori concentrated on putting some medicine on Kai’s wounds.

Hurt a little? Are you freaking kidding me? Kai mentally shouted to himself.

Soori started to apply the medicine and Kai indeed hissed in pain. “Arghh!”

Soori looked up, “Sorry.” And then bit her bottom lip.

Minutes after treating his wounds, Soori started cleaning the mess. She noticed that Kai’s eyes started to close slowly. She guessed that he’s probably tired. A minute or so, Kai did fall asleep. Sighing, she carefully placed Kai comfortably in the couch. Though he is a bit heavy, Soori managed to do it.

She remembered she still have school. She immediately went to get her bag and then was on her way to school. Good thing I woke up extra early today, she thought to herself.

 

*****

 

Kai woke up to the grumbling noise of his stomach. Damn, I’m hungry and its noon, he thought. He noticed that his wounds were a bit better now. Oh yeah, he remembered the girl earlier who helped him. Kai stood up and made his way to the door. He paused.

“Should I— Nahh, I’ll do it at school.” Kai was debating whether or not to leave a note of thanks but since that’d be too girly for him; he decided to just look for that girl in school, since he remembered her wearing their school uniform.

Minutes after, Kai arrived to his condo unit. After the elevator beeped, he stepped outside. Once he was in, he sighed and slumped to his couch. His stench was bothering his nose right now, so he guessed he needed a shower.

While walking around, Kai removed his shirt but then his phone rang. He picked it up and answered immediately without looking who the caller was.

“Shoot.”

Luhan chuckled. “Kai, something tells me you didn’t go to school today because of, ehh, you know—“

“Block B”   Kai cut Luhan off, annoyed.

“But where were you after the, quote, accident, quote?”   Luhan continued.

“It’s not an accident you moron, they cornered me, all of them.”   Kai defended himself.

“Okay, sheesh. Whatever.”   Luhan gave up his teasing.

“Some girl from our school rescued me.”   Kai admitted.  Not really rescued, she healed his wounds rather.

“Wai—“   Before Luhan could respond Kai cut the connection off by turning the call off.

Kai decided to take a shower. Letting all his thoughts drown him about that girl. Kai was used to girls fawning over him at school, pretty ones to be specific. But of course, not all of them are his fans; there might be some girls who hated guys like him. And he guessed that maybe that girl was one of them.

 

 

 

 


 

First chapter posted !

 

Kekekeke~