Rooftop Stargazing

Rival Brothers

" Ah! Omo!" I groaned in pain, rubbing the part of the body i fell on.

I looked up and with the help of the dim lights of the moon and stars, I was able to make up who the person was. Kris. He hurriedly squated down beside me and asked" Are you alright?"

" You can see for yourself right?" I said in annoyance. " What? Is that how you treat someone who is asking if you'ok?" Kris said,irritated. 

" Fine, I'm sorry. Just leave me alone." I said as I walked off to the small corner of the rooftop where I always go to.

Kris was bewildered by my actions. I was not in the mood to care anyway. I need slience and peace. 

In my favourite corner, I was standing up gazing at the small twinkling stars in the beautiful night sky. It really helps me to relax. I loved stars because they give off their own brilliant light in the dark, guiding the people with their light and independent. Mesmerised by the stars, I didn't even notice that Kris crept beside me quietly, accompanying me gazing the bright stars.

SpruceKnob-Night-Sky.jpg

"Hey, What's with you?"a low voice said. Stunned by the sudden close sound, I turned beside me instinctively. Shicked, I stepped a few steps backwards,covering my mouth to prevent letting out a yelp. Back to my senses, I replied " Then what's with you? Didn't I say I want to be alone? I want slience." "This is not your property so I can go anywhere I like. By the way,why are you here so late at night?" kris asked ,smirking at me. I was taken aback by his questions. Not knowing how to reply, I stuttered" Erm.... I....er..... don't feel like....going home that's all."

he seemed satisfied with my answer and kept quiet all the way. I shrugged it off and continued with my vexed problems. My heart was sinking in despair and helplessness. No one could understand my feelings now. Stuffy chest and pressure pressing me, letting me having diffficulties breathing. I ploped down on the floor and sighed. Kris just continued standing there. Slowly, i fell asleep,lying on the floor. It was a starting of a nightmare. It was scary. An renactment of the past, the past that I dreaded the most. Cold sweat broke out and tears trickled down my cheeks. I can't help but to speak in an almost inaudible voice" No.Appa, Umma, mianhae. Mianhae. Mianhae......"

Kris turned back,snapping out of his "nightdreaming". "She can sleep while lying on the cold floor? Wow?" Kris muttered in disbelief. I turned my head and clenched my fist unknowly in my sleep. Seeing my sudden actions in my sleep, Kris walked towards me and stared at me. Finally figuring that I was having a bad dream, he held out his hands and place it above mine. The warm feeing from the hands somewhat comforted me a little though I didn't know where it came from. I slowly relaxed and felt myself floating mid-air in a comfortable arms. I felt ever so secured and safe in those arms. In my dreams, I roughly heard a soft muffle" Yumi, sweet dreams and smile more. I like seeing that more."

I felt my lips tugged up on each side breaking into a small smile. The nightmare drifted off and I went into dreamland as I snuggled in the arms.