UnFortune

Rival Brothers

"Omma! Appa!" I cried as I kneeled down in front of them crying.

They were there on the bed motionless. i was too late. I drop beside them and shook them. "Appa! Omma! No!" I cried.

Kibum oppa stood beside me crying sliently. "I'm sorry!*sobs sobs*" "Oppa!" i cried as I hugged him tightly.

He hugged me and rubbed my back. I cried in his chest. He is my only kin now. I can't let him leave too! Never!

We two broke down and cried for hours. I reproached myself,not even seeing them for the last time before they left. I missed them so much and now they're gone!

Funeral

Kibum oppa and me kneeled down before our parents coffin. I have not eaten for 2 days already. I can't help but blame myself. I have not been fiflial to them and I had no chance now.

'Umma,Appa I'm so sorry. Please forgive me.' I prayed while tears escaped my eyes.

I clutched my chest because of the pain I felt. Oppa patted my shoulders and gave me a forced smile.

I cried evn harder thinking that I've let down everyone in my family. 

"Why did our parents die?I should be the one in their place!" I screamed uncontrollably. Oppa was stunned and comforted me. It was no use. I started going 'crazy', hitting myself and screaming.

I fell beack down on my knees and sobbed. Oppa know my pain but could never understand the feeling of it. What he can only do was to comfort me by my side.

I couldn't take it anymore. Before I knew it, I out.

"Yumi! Yumi!" Kibum oppa cried out while shaking me.

Hospital

"She fainted due to tiredness, stress and also from starvation. I noted that she's mentally unstable right now but her body is still fine." the doctor siad to Kibum oppa. Kibum oppa just nodded and thanked the doctor.

He sat right next to the sleeping me. "Yumi, I know it's been hard on you. You left us for mum and dad, you gave up your favourite sports for us and even not see us for them. Sorry, Yumi. Please get better. Be with oppa." he patted my head.

I woke up the next day to find oppa sleeping next to me holding my hands. I smiled bitterly. I looked at myself. IVs on me and a untidy and worn-looking me. I sighed. I was thinking about everything that had happen and try to register it inside me. But I can't! everything happened too fast and harsh for me. I started sobbing which woke oppa up.

"Yumi ah..." "Don't be like this. It hurts me seeing you like this." Oppa said.

"Mian..Hae...*sobs* " I muttered.

"I'll apply 2 weeks of leave for you so you just rest in Busan, spend time with me and recuperate ok?" Kibum oppa informed concernly.

I nodded. This is what I need. Peace. I can't think of anything else.

At Seoul

"Seems like Yumi will be gone for a long time." Sehun whined as he looked towards my empty seat in class.

Tao pouted. The most worried was Kris and Suho but even so, they kept their pokerface on.

Same with the rest of the day, they tried reaching me but to no avail.

--------------------------------------------------------

Of course! I was just staring at the wall in the hospital at that time. Dazed. I only answered oppa with short answers and he had no choice to let me be. He said to me that he will be home tidying my room before I go back.

I  was quiet and in space. All of the impact made me become another person, unable to walk out to the bright side. I talked less, look less cheerful but darker and scarier, cold, dazed, annoyed and angry easily, cry out of no where, go crazy screaming and start to hit myself and hurt myself. I was referred to the psychologist since they suspected me suffering from depression.

Kibum oppa took me there and left me with the doctor.

She was Seohyun. She was sweet and nice. She asked me a lot of things but I just kept slient. I wanted totell someone my pain but when i open my mouth to talk, nothing comes out. It's too complicated and I don't what to say.

She talked to oppa for a while and I got her worried expression.

I knew something is wrong with me but I couldn't care more about myself. The doctors discharged me today and Oppa fetched me home.

Once I reached home, my eyes were welled up with tears. How I missed this place, the place I grew up in.

060105_pic_detail1_l-370x260.jpeg

I ran inside and scanned the house. Not much had change since I left. Finally a happy tear slide down my cheeks. I broke into a smile.

Kibum oppa saw that I smiled. I dashed to my room. It was the same when i left.

"Actually, Umma and Appa always tidy and cleans your room. Sometimes they sleep here too. Thay really missed you." Kibum oppa said.

A tear rolled down. Finally I showed some improvements in my mental state. That's because I feel that my parents are with me in the house. I was happy, elated or you can say estatic!

I talked to Oppa my life in Seoul while eatting the dinner and cooked.

Quickly, 2 weeks past by. I felt sad again. Depressed but not as bad as before. I will only keep quiet, be cold and had emotional swings at times.

I said goodbye to Oppa at the airport and hugged him. I cried involuntarily. "Oppa, make sure to vsit me in Seoul.I'll miss you! I love you." I said.

"I will. Love you too!" Kibum oppa hugged and kissed my forehead and smiled. After that, I checked in and sat on the aeroplane. I was down again. Yea, I know i just knew that I have not put the matter down yet. It's still bothering me. I listened to my Ipod while on the flight. Not even once in the 2 weeks that I touched my phone. I completely forgotten about it.

EXO was worried as usual but as sson as thay knew you were fine because they bugged their teacher to  tell them about you. She said that my Oppa applied for leave for me but doesn't know how long.

"Aww.... I miss Yumi so much." Baekhyun said while pouting.

"We all are!" Luhan argued.

"Aish... Stop that!" Kris said strictly with a death glare.

Everyone kept quiet and were in their thoughts.

Hours fly past and I arrived at Seoul.

I rode a taxi and went back to school. They were having classes so I just went to the office and ended my leave. so I went back to Kris and Suho's house. I went back to my room and sat on my bed.

Eunmi noticed me different as I coldly greeted her. She went to my room to check on me. "Yumi ah, are you ok? You look very tired." Eunmi asked concernly.

"I'm fine. Unnie, I won't cook anymore.Sorry." I said without eye contact.

"That's ok. It's not your job anyways. Ok, rest well." Eunmi said while leaving.

I just sat there and stare into space.

At 6pm

Suho and Kris came back home.

"Sir, Miss Yumi is back but..." Eunmi informed.

"She's back! But what?" Kris and Suho exclaimed.

"But she seems like another person, a darker, colder and more distant one."

"Is it? Let's go see her."

*Knock Knock*

....

"Yumi, we're coming in!" Suho said as he opened the door. I was sitting on the sofa.

"Hi! Where did you go? We missed you so much! Why didn't you answer our calls and messages? Are you ok? What happened?" Kris and Suho bombed me with questions.

I just said "Sorry."

Kris and Suho shot each other a NOW-EUNMI'S-RIGHT look.

"What happened?" Kris asked as he and Suho sit at each of my side.

"Nothing. Please go." I said as I satnd up and walked to my bed.

Kris and Suho was stunned by my emotionless, souless and coldness.

"Alright. Rest well." Suho said as he and Kris walked out.

I sighed. and mouthed 'sorry'.

Kris and Suho was discussing about my sudden change in atitude.

"what happened to her? She's so different?" Suho asked.

"I want to know too." Kris said. 

"Let her rest first maybe she's just tired. She looked listless." Suho suggested.

"Yea. Maybe. If not, let's ask EXO for help. I hope she's fine." Kris siad.

"Yea. Me too. Hope everything's fine tomorrow." Suho said while he and Suho glanced back at my door.

Thay sighed as they walked back to their room.