My Sad Past

Rival Brothers

Next Day

Lunch break

" Kai oppa, you can go first. I need to see the principal and tell Luhan oppa that I will not be eating with you two anymore. I will be at the garden if you want to find me, arrasso? Don't worry.I'm just not hungry at this time."

" Chincha? Ok, I will tell him. Do you need me to accompany you? Kai offered politely.

" Ani. Gwenchanna. Gomawo. Annyeong oppa!" I said while skipping towards the office.

' Aigoo. What if the principal don't agree? Aish...' I thought to myself.

" Mr. Kwon, Kim Yumi immnida. Can I come in?"

"Come in please"

I walked towards him and bowed. Finally, I plucked up my courage and said " Mr Kwon, Can I have a favour from you? Please..."

"Go on." He said calmly but in curiosity.

"I am hoping that you would agree that I can watch the school's basketball and volleyball trainings. I won't be a disturbance. Just watching quietly by the side. I have my reasons to do so. Please..." I said with pleading eyes.

After considerations, Mr Kwon nodded.

" And can I live in school?" I continued.

" What??!! Live in school? Why? Don't you have a place to stay? How could you live here though?" Mr Kwon shouted in shock.

" Mr Kwon, calm down. Let me explain! You know I came here because of my scholarship and this school doesn't provide dorms. I rented an apartment for a few weeks now and I am running low in money. I can't work because of my age and I have no choice but to stay in school. Mr Kwon, I hope that you will be understanding. My stay here will be kept a secret. Please... I beg you..." I said ina convincing voice and my big puppy eyes.

"Fine. But no one should know about this, Miss Kim. You will stay in the library as it is the safest place since it will be out of bound after 9pm for students." Mr Kwon said, surrendering to me.

" Kamsahamnida, Mr Kwon! Kamsahamnida! I will take my leave now!" I said as I bowed and went out of the room.

'Assa! Assa! Kim Yumi, good job!' i self praised myself ,unable to stop giggling.

Now to class and I will need to go to basketball training first. 'So lucky that the trainings are on alternate days!'

After Class

I bidded goodbye and ran to find the school basketball court. I sat there and waited for their training to start. Meanwhile, I was deep in thoughts 'Hmm... maybe after training, I will pack my bags and tomorrow I will move here in the evening after volleyball training.Assa! No one should know about this the...'

My thoughts were interupted by the ringing tone of my phone.

"Yeobosaeyo?" I asked.

"Agassi, Mr Im here, your landlord. Let me remind you that tomorrow is your deadline. If you have no money to pay the rent, please move out."

"Nae. Arrasso. I found a place already and I will move out by tomorrow. Kamsa!"

"Ok. Glad to know. Take care then." Mr Im said before he hung up.

I hung up and turned around.

" OMO!" I screamed as I fell backwards.

" Aigoo.... Yumi, Gwenchanna?" Luhan asked.

"Oppa! Bwoh?! How could you scare me? Aish..." I sulked and pouted, acting angry.

" Yumi, Sorry. I didn't mean to. Forgive me please." Luhan said as he did his aegyo and looked in my eyes with huge puppy eyes.

I looked away quickly or else I would falter.

"Yumi....." Luhan whined.

"Fine,Fine! Aigoo... Luhan oppa, you are so cute! How could I not forgive you?" I said while pinching his cheeks and giggled.

Luhan giggled too and ruffled my hair. In the corner of my eyes, I could see Kris rolling his eyes but i ignored it.

"Come and practice now, Luhan!" Kris commanded.

I was struck with confusion. "Luhan oppa, Exo M is the basketball team?" I guessed.

"Yup! While Exo K is the volleyball team. Wae?" Luhan asked.

"Chincha? That's too much of a coincidence! Eotokke? Aigoo..." I mumbled.

Luhan tilted his head to one side staring at me in confusion.

I snapped out of my thoughts and replied " I will be watching the trainings of the basketball and volleyball team but I didn't know that it was EXO."

Luhan grinned and exclaimed " Now you know! I'm so happy you're be here! It's like Yujin is here too! By the way, you don't play ball anymore?"

I was stunned.  My cold and emotionless face took over my smile and my whole body seemed to be taken over by darkness. Luhan noticed my sudden change and was shocked, lost of words.

"Go to your training now,oppa." i said with no tone or life in my voice. It sent shivers down Luhan's spine and he nodded while running back to Exo M. Kris happened to see my sudden change in atitude and asked Luhan " Yah! What happened to Yumi?"

"Mollaso. (I don't know) Weird. When i mentioned about her sister and playing ball, her expression just changed immediately and cold and creepy aura was in her eyes." Luhan whispered,still frightened.

Kris nodded and looked at me again. I was like a dead,hollow shell, out in my own space with no expression. Kris don't know why but his heart ached a little and had the urge to come and comforted me and also know more about me but he shrugged it off.

Basketball training started but i never paid attention. My mind was replaying the past like a movie in my head.

Flashback...

"I'm very sorry,but we did our best. Her head was injured badly after banging into the pole." the doctor said."Unnie! Unnie! Don't go!" I cried. " Yujin ah! Yujin ah!" Mum shouted in tears. 

" He tore his ligament and I am afraid that he could not do sports anymore." The doctor said. Oppa cried and cried in his room for weeks because of it.He loves basketballl but he could not play anymore because of the mishap in his training.

"Yumi, I want you to stop playing volleyball and basketball." Umma said. I was shocked. " You look like your sister a lot. You always remind her to your Umma. We don't want to lose you because of sports. We have lost enough." Appa said. "Appa,Umma, I'm so sorry. I promise you but I have one condition. Let..me..go to Seoul and study and forget me so as to not remind you of unnie." I said as I choked on my tears.

" Oh! My child! Anything, as long as you live safely." Umma cried as she hugged me tightly.

End Of Flashback

Tears came rolling down my cheeks without myself knowing. I stood up while wiping away my tears but to no avail. tears just covered my whole cheeks. I ran towards the rooftop. I loved the sky. It calms me because I believe that it will bring me the closest to Unnie.

"Is Yumi crying?" Sehun whispered softly but loud enough for Kris to hear. Kris looked up and saw me running out of the court. He wanted to chase you but refrained himself.

tumblr_ma3j3gc4PD1rwjo21o1_500.png

It was already night but I was still standing at the side of the rooftop, enjoying the breeze that were comforting me. The soft breeze resembles unnie's sweet voice. It was as if she was beside me comforting me. I can't help but to feel relax here. Unnie was like near me or even everywhere around me. The stars twinkled brightly in the sky as if unnie was smiling at me brilliantly. The hexagon necklace that unnie gave me shone in the night,reflecting the light.

After I felt alright again, I decided to go home now and pack. 

'Everything is going to be fine, Yumi. hwaiting!' I murmured under my breath as I touch my necklace.