Rooftop Talk

Rival Brothers

Dinner

" Get Yumi down to eat." Suho ordered Eunmi.

"Don't bother. She's sleeping." Kris said.

Suho raised his eyebrows and look at Kris.

"Then, you may go now." Suho said to the maids.

"Why is the food today so..... degraded?" Suho asked.

"Obviously that there's a change of the chef." Kris said.

"Eunmi! Come here! Who cooked the food today? Where's the cook before?" Suho demanded.

" Err... Sir... This is the original chef. The food cooked before is cooked by Miss Yumi." Eunmi spoke truthfully.

Both Kris and Suho looked up in surprise.

"Miss Yumi cooked breakfast and dinner for all of us for the past few weeks. It is just that she was sleeping that I didn't wake her up to cook." Eunmi said with her head down.

" Didn't I say Misss Yumi shouldn't do this things? Are you defying my orders?" Suho raised his voice.

"I'm so sorry, Sir." Eunmi pleaded.

" Suho Oppa, Don't scold her." I said while coming down the stairs.

" I was the one who wanted to do all that. It's not her fault." I said as I gave Eunmi a reassuring smile.

"But..." Suho said. "No buts oppa, orelse I won't make latte anymore." I threatened jokingly.

"Eunmi, you may go." I said to her.

"Yah! Kim Yumi! Fine. I'll let go of this matter. Just make latte! Please...." Suho pleaded with aegyo.

"Arrasso!" I goggled as I pinchhed Suho's cheek. 

Kris was sitting there quietly and I felt his intense stare on me and Suho but I ignored.

"Oppa and Kris please continue eating! I'll go bathe." I said as I skipped towards my room.

Kris and Suho remained slience while eating. Suho was all happy and bright while Kris was dark and unhappy.

9pm

I climbed up to the rooftop to see that Kris was already there. I crept behind him and "BOO!" as I tapped his shoulders with my hands. I felt Kris jumped a little but still remained composed.

"haha, got ya." I hummed as I went beside him. "Yah, I want to talk to you about something." I said. 

"What?" Kris questioned. "It's about you and Suho." I explained.

"Suho?" Kris realised what I was going to talk about and said " Save your breath,Yumi."

"Yah! What is it that made you two distant? It's just a misunderstanding! It's not Suho fault though! Listen to me!" I shouted.

"Waeyo? You don't know anything!" Kris shouted.

"I know more than you do, pabo! It's your parents that is bias against Suho.Suho can't do anything about it! He wants to share his happiness with you but you were already cold to him.He figured out that you hate him so he appeared to be the same way as you. Actually he cares about you! Pabo!" I shouted angrily.

I had a talk with Suho last night about Kris and his relationship. I knew the whole thing. I need to help them. Suho was sad, I could see it from his eyes. He wanted to cry but held back his tears. I hugged him and also promise him to clear the misunderstandings.

"Don't fake!" Kris shouted as he turned away from me.

I turned  him back and look into his eyes and said " It's real, Kris. I know that you love Suho too.It's just that you can't put your anger away. Trust me. Having somebody you love by your side, you need to cherish that person. Don't wait till that person's gone."

Kris softened and thought over it. I knew he had not decided yet and so I pushed him a little.

"You know, I have a happy family too. My Appa, Umma,Unnie and Oppa. Unnie, Oppa and I loved sports. But now no one plays it. I love my family dearly and just hoped that I spent more time with them. You remember the chinese book I always read and you asked why? That's because the girl in the story is like me. Having a guardian angel protecting her." I said.

Chun Chun De Shou Hu Shen [Chinese Paperback]

"I read that book before. That's means your unnie is...." kris said until I interupted. "Yes. She's dead." I can't help it. A tear just escape through my eyes.

Kris was shocked to see me cry. "Yumi..."

"Ah.. I'm ok... I'm just saying I know the feeling of losing someone you like. I don't want you to regret. Reconcile with Suho please, Kris." I muttered.

"Fine. Remember you owe me one? Tell me your past." Kris said.

"My past?" I voiced out.

"Your Past." Kris reassured.

" Can't you ask something else? I'm not ready to tell anyone else yet.Until I get over it..." I mumbled as my eyes got watery.

"I'll wait for you. Just remember I'll always be here to listen." Kris smiled.

"Gomawo, oppa!" I cried out as I hugged him. Tears just can't stop flowing down. I broke down in Kris's chest, just by remembering the past. It's a deep scar in my heart that I will never forget. The pain and hurt I got.

I cried and cried but managed to utter out some words. " Oppa, *sobs* promise me to be good to each other now... Don't be like me... *sobs*"

"Nae. I will. rest assure. Cry your heart out.Noone will stop you." Kris whisoered to my ears. I continued crying and punching his arms and chest to relieve my bottled up stress and anger till I drop, beat. I unconsciously slept in Kris' embrace.

"Yumi ah, Gwenchannayo. I'll wait till you're ready. I know you meant the best for Suho and me but don't be unhappy by yourself. Share it with me so that I could share your burden." kris muttered softly while patting my back.