Chapter 51

Rival Brothers

So, here are 6 guys surrounding me with gloomy thunder clouds. 

Yes, EXO-M lost. With a difference of 3 points, it was a close loss. I comtemplated on whether to open my mouth at a time like this. Something I have to make known is that I   at comforting people cause I really don't know what to say!!! 

I scanned the boy's expressions. Sadness loomed over all of them and infected me too. I then started to text Suho.

To Suho:

Suho ah, shall we postpone the dinner?

From Suho:

We should. See you at home.

"Guys, are you guys hungry?" I asked expectantly. "Not me." Luhan replied. "Not me too." Tao said, followed by the rest of the members. I sighed, not out loud but sliently. It was then a slient ride back to Kris' house. K and M members had already planned for an overnight stay since the day I said I could be discharged.

When we reached the house, the M boys scattered down the car and went to their respective rooms immediately. I sighed again and looked at their backs disappearing from my sight. K boys were already in the house, sitting quietly on the couch, looking the M boys' quicking entrance. They looked towards my direction and smiled slightly. I know that they felt sad that M lost their game and while they won theirs, they can't feel happy about it.

I placed myself beside Kai on the couch and said to the 6 boys, "Come on, don't be so down. Are you guys hungry? Shall I cook some noodles?" The boys shook their heads in unison. "Forget it. I hereby order Suho, Kyungsoo, Sehun, Kai, Baekhyun and Chanyeol to cook some ramyun for 13 people. Please." I gave them a weak smile and they started standing up and walking to the kitchen. 


I knocked on the doors of the M boys' room and called them to gather at Kris' room as I have something to say to them. I emphasised the word PLEASE in order for them to pull their sulking body to Kris' room. I seated myself on the floor with Kris beside me.(I pulled him.) While the rest of the M boys came in the room, I urged them to seat in a circle. I switched off the lights and lit a scented candle that I really cherished and put it in the middle of the circle.

" Guys, I know that you all are very tired, both mentally and physically. But please, listen to what I have to say. What I saw today was disappointing at first but heartwarming and courageous in the end. What I saw was the burning passion you guys had for basketball. I see that you guys put in your 100% in the game. You guys managed to catch up with them but time was not on our side. I can't deny the lack of sportmanship I saw in the first half of the game, but I can surely assure you guys that you did everyone proud including me when you guys ended your game. It's a lose. However, I don't wish that you guys continue sulking. Instead, I want you to see that there is no definite win and that playing basketball, you have to respect the importance of team work. You guys showed your fighting spirit till the end and I'm proud of you so are the K boys. I know you guys are feeling disappointed and upset about losing but no one can win all the time right? Sometimes it's losing that truly teaches you how to appreciate and cherish things that aren't obviously significant. I can understand your sadness now but tomorrow, I want to see smiles on your faces. Moving on and doing your best for the next tournament are what you guys need to do. And most importantly, you don't want your members to worry about you right? So, anyone wants to say something? Like apologisation or some comforting words might do." I gave my long long speech which shocked me too that I can speak like this.

"I'm sorry, Lay hyung. I shouldn't have blamed you for that interception." Tao apologised.

"I'm sorry for blowing my top too." Lay continued.

"Let's do better next time. " Luhan said.

"Yup! We can do it!" Xiu Min answered.

"Let's go downstairs . K must be worrying about us." Chen mentioned.

"......................."

Seeing that slience, indicating that Kris doesn't want to speak, I chimed" Alright! Everything's fine now right? K boys are cooking ramyun so let's go and eat!!! YUM YUM!"

I walked to switch on the lights and blew off the candle fire. M boys except Kris quickly walked downstairs to join K, leaving me and Kris alone.

"Kris? Are you okay?" I said softly while trying to look at his eyes. I mean no point for him to lower his head to hide his face when I'm short enough to just look up at him to see his face from my height.

Hearing no answer, I pulled his arm lightly to sit on his bed. "You know, you were dashing on court. kekekke. I know you did your best. So there's no point sulking when your members have already released their bags of sadness just now. Why didn't you say anything?"

"I...I... I  feel like I'm the one who pulled the team down. I'm their captain but I didn't do anything to help them. I was helpless until you step in and gave us instructions and advices. I'm not fit to be the captain." Kris murmured. I could practically see his red eyes forming tears.

I pulled him softly into a hug. As I patted his back, I said in a soft but assuring voice. "You know what, you just don't know how important you are to the boys. In their eyes, you are someone thay really care. I know deep inside their hearts, they know that you did your best to lead the team. What happenned today during the match wasn't your fault. You guys are a team, there's no reason for you to shoulder all the negative things. You're a amazing person, Kris. Everyone cares and loves you lots so stay strong!"

I felt his arms tightened around me. "Cry if you want. There's no need to hide from me..." I felt cold drops of tears on my back and it saddened me to know the accumulated stress in Kris because I never knew till today.