Chater 47

Rival Brothers

 

"OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I shouted!

Yes, you heard right. I, Kim Yumi, shouted! I have my voice back!!!!

The nurse rushed in and frantically asked what happened. "I'm talking!" I hinted. The nurse widened her eyes in realisation. "You.. You... Congrats!!!"

"Thanks!!! I HAVE MY VOICE BACK!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I hollered in happiness. Imagine yourself who couldn't speak for a period of time and one day, you found your voice back. How magical is that? How surprising is that? How COOL is that? How HAPPY am I? SUPER DUPER!

Then, I started coughing.... Coughing BLOOD.. 

"Blood..." I murmured. My hands that are stained with blood shook uncontrollably. Fear struck me like lightning as I looked frighteingly at the nurse.

"Oh My gosh! I'll get the doctor." she fled out of my room.

I stared at my shaking hands. I coughed blood. Is that a sign that my voice will be gone again? NO!!! That can't happen to me again! I just got back my voice today! JUST NOW!

The doctor came in and checked my throat. It is burning like there is a fire in my throat. I was really afraid. That's when the doctor sighed. I gave up hope.....

 


"Relax, Yumi. You're fine. It's just that your throat just recovered and your voice just came back AND you strained it. That's why your throat can't take it. You can't speak so much and so loudly when you just had your voice back right? I mean, I HEARD you all the way from my office." The doctor half- joked.

My eyes twinkled. That means I can still talk! Thank God! "Okay. I know." I whispered as softly as possible. The doctor laughed."Good girl." The doctor, nurse and me had a newly built friendship. All this time, they had treated me and taken care of me and my wounds so delicately. They are two of the best people I had met.

"By the way, when will my memory come back? I mean my voice came back already. My memory should too right?" I asked.

The doctor shook his head. "I don't know. Your voice and your memory are two different things. One is physical, another is mental. It all depends on you, yourself. I know your friends have been helping you regain your memory. They are really nice friends." The doctor explained. I nodded in understanding.

"But."

"But what?!" My head shot up.

"But. Why are your friends all boys?? You're such a male attractor huh?" The doctor joked.

"Geez... I thought you had some ideas in helping me regain my memory. Thanks a lot." I said sarcastically. That's how good our relation is. Joking and teasing each other.

As the doctor and the nurse left, I lied on my bed before an idea struck me. "They are so in for a surprise."

I was sleeping. Hell no! Pretending to be asleep. EXO just came into my room with Suho telling Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Chen to stop talking. I really wanted to laugh. I mean, you should hear them bickering! They don't listen to Suho at all...

"Yumi's sleeping. I thought we could have lunch together. We bought so much." Xiu Min whined.

"Are you guys hungry? You guys could eat first." Kris said. "It's okay. We'll wait." Xiu Min represented the whole group and replied. There were whines all around especially from Tao, Kai and Chanyeol. I am sure Chanyeol was one of the whiners. Who can't differentiate Chanyeol's deep voice?!

"Let's eat then." came a familiar yet unfamiliar voice.

"OMG! Who's that?! Who's voice is that?" Tao screamed and ran over to hide at Kris' back. "Who is it? I don't think our group have someone whose voice sounds like this...." Sehun stated. Kris found it suspicious and he started walking towards me.

"Kris Hyung! Don't leave me alone!" Tao shouted behind him as he ran to Xiu Min instead.

I felt warm fingers running softly across my cheeks. I knew Kris was starting to be suspecting me. I kept pretending. Hahaha! I’m such a good actress huh?

Soon after, I felt the presence of Kris gone. “Maybe we heard wrong? Maybe it came from outside.” Kris shrugged off.

“Ani! We, 12 people heard it clearly and it sounded like it came from here. Don’t tell me all 12 of us got hearing problems…. Should we get our ears checked? “ Kai said sarcastically. Kai was always not fond of horror stuff.

“Aish… Calm down, Kai. You’re being too sensitive.” Suho patted Kai.

“BOO!!!!!!!!”

“AHHHHHHHHH!!! OMG!!!!! WHAT?! WHAT WAS THAT?! WHAT THE HECK??!!” Noise surrounded the whole room.

“PUHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH!!!!” I laughed out.

Everyone stopped freaking out and looked at me like as if I’m an alien who learnt to talk human language.

They all rushed to my side.

“Aigoo….. It’s so funny! Does my voice sound so scary? I know some of you freaked out. No. All of you freaked out! LOL” I giggled.

“Your voice.” Kris asked.

“It’s back…..” I said dramatically.

“WOOHOOO!!!!!” The boys cheered.

 


"So... do you think you can come to the Prom Nite?" Luhan asked while grabbing a drumstick.

The boys looked expectantly at you, especially someone.

"Who knows? If my leg gets better, why not? It'll be so much fun!" I replied while devouring my chicken drumstick too.

"YAY!" the boys cheered.

"what if I can't get better?" I teased. The boys sulked.

"Okay okay. I'm scared of you guys. Turn that frown up." I joked.

"But I have a question I really want to ask."

"How did I have you guys as my close friends? I mean you guys are boys and I'm a girl. It's rare in a sense to have boy-girl best friends. I saw these in dramas and then the female will fall in love with her male bestfriend or the other way. " I asked.

"In fact you did fall in love with one of us. Now that I think of it, it was much like a drama." Chen said.

"Jeongmal? Cool..." I was amazed until it hit me. Who was the one I fall in love with?


 

Annyeong!!!! It was a long time since I updated. Sorry...... Hope you enjoy this chapter! It's coming to an end. I hope to finish all my unfinished stories this holiday so everyone! May I ask for your support? :) Check out my other stories too!

Bye! Comment!:)