20

Th1rteen R3asons Why
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun’s POV

I stared at Donghae in disbelief. Did I hear him right? Am I really listening to my own tape next? I don’t know if I’m mentally prepared to hear Ryeowook’s voice telling me the reason why I’m listening to this. Can I even handle hearing it?

“So you want me to listen to my tape with you beside me?” I asked Donghae incredulously. “My you will,” I cursed at him. I didn’t mean to curse at Donghae but I blame the alcohol I consumed.

“I already listened to the tapes so I won’t be hearing anything new. Think of me as your moral support,” Donghae said.

I looked at him and mentally debated whether or not I should listen to my tape with Donghae beside me.

I didn’t agree or refuse his preposition. I didn’t answer him either. I just asked another question instead. “Why did Ryeowook give you the tapes?” I asked Donghae.

“I promise I’ll answer all your questions later. For now, let me listen to the tapes with you,” Donghae insisted.

I looked at him again and he gave a slight smile. It wasn’t a full smile that I always remembered Donghae’s smiles were, but it was still a smile.

“Fine,” I said as I reached the earphones that was connected to the cassette player when Donghae held my hand to stop me.

“Hold on Kyu. I’ll be right back,” Donghae said.

Before I could ask him where he was going, he already disappeared and went inside the convenient store. I stayed where I was and waited for Donghae.

I grabbed one of the beer cans inside the plastic bag on top of the table and began drinking it. I was almost done chugging the beer when Donghae came back.

“Stop drinking Kyu. How many beer and soju have you consumed this evening?” Donghae asked as he took the beer can away from me. I almost finished it.

“Why do you care? I was done drinking that anyway,” I stated.

Donghae didn’t reply to my comment and simply said, “Here.”

I looked at his hands and both hands were full. He was holding one large cup of coffee on each hand. “I hate coffee,” I said.

“I know you hate coffee but you need it to sober up,” he said as he took a sip from his cup. “Let’s go,” Donghae said as he began walking away from the table.

“Wait,” I said as I approached the table and grabbed the cassette player and put it in my bag. I grabbed my bag and held the plastic bag when Donghae called me.

“Leave the beer and soju Kyu,” Donghae warned.

I left the remaining beer cans and soju on the table and walked towards Donghae.

“We left a mess,” I said as Donghae handed me my coffee. I looked at him and he extended his arms again. I rolled my eyes and took the coffee from him. I drank a sip from my coffee and felt the warm drink down my throat.

“No... you left a mess. You were the one who drank that much alcohol in such a short period of time. This is why I hate drinking,” Donghae said as he took a sip from his cup. “Better?” Donghae asked.

“No... It tastes nasty,” I replied.

He released a laugh and I couldn’t help but laugh along. Although this wasn’t the time to laugh, it feels good to laugh.

“Thanks,” I said as I took another sip of the coffee.

“You’re welcome,” Donghae replied.

“So where are we going?” I asked Donghae.

“We’re going to listen to the tapes,” Donghae answered.

“I know that but where are we going?” I asked again.

“Somewhere no one can hear you,” Donghae replied.

Donghae’s response made me nervous. I looked at him and he was looking forward at the path we were walking on.

“Is it that bad?” I asked.

Donghae didn’t reply and continued to walk.

I didn’t ask anymore because I fear the answer I would get. Maybe my tape was that bad.

We continued to walk alongside each other. Although it was early in the morning, the breeze that surrounded me was comforting. It was almost making me less anxious.

We kept on walking and walking. I don’t know where we’re heading, I’m simply following Donghae. I continued to have a sip of my coffee every now and then. I was slowly regaining my consciousness.

We continued to walk in the sidewalks and occasionally crossing the streets but I trust Donghae so I continued to follow him. Before I knew it Donghae stopped walking. I looked at him and he was looking at me too. “Why did you stop?” I asked.

“Look,” he said as he pointed forward.

I looked at where he was pointing at and saw the Han River in front of us. Although this wasn’t the first time I saw it, the sight still took my breath away. It was simply beautiful.

“Why are we here?” I asked. I was still in awe but I could tell my voice was still composed.

“You can yell all you want, there’s no one to hear anything you say,” he replied.

“You’re not going to do something to me right?” I asked almost scared of what his response could be.

Donghae laughed and pointed to a car in front. “See

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter