25

Th1rteen R3asons Why
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This is another continuation of Donghae's story. I'm not done yet but the next chapter is most likely to be the next tape/ next person. So gather up your theories on who or what the next tape might be. Don't forget to comment, subscribe and tell me what you think. 

HINT: I think I said it before but there are 4 Suju member including Kyuhyun. Who do you think are the other 3? I mentioned 2 out of the 3 members a few times in the last few chapters. As for the 3rd member, the only hint I gave was a member who is not with them anymore/not living in the dorm. Keep guessing but for now enjoy...

IMPORTANT NOTE: The time that Kyuhyun started listening to the tapes is around November of 2012, just a few days after Leeteuk got enlisted. Forget about what I said before. I miscalculated it. So that means that the period that Kyuhyun is listening to the tapes is around November of 2012.

Kyuhyun’s POV

It was a few minutes until Donghae spoke again. He recollected his thoughts and continued telling his story.

Yesung hyung looked at me and the limp Ryeowook in my arms. He broke off from my hold and looked around the room. He shut the door and began tidying up.

I remember seeing Yesung hyung clean up the remains of the leftover drugs that Ryeowook used and began searching for something. I think he was searching for a freshener because the room sort of smelt odd... I’m not sure but it sort of smelt like smoke but it wasn’t from a cigarette. I don't know.

Anyways... I tried to look at Yesung hyung through blurry eyes and found it weird how Yesung hyung moved in a swift manner. It seemed like he has done it before. I left Yesung hyung’s odd behavior slip from my mind. That was another mistake I made again.

“Before the other members get here, clean up,” I remember Yesung hyung said.

I looked at Yesung hyung trying to comprehend what he was saying but my mind was fuzzy and was unable to grasp the reality of the situation. Ryeowook was dead and Yesung hyung was worried about hiding the drugs that were used.

I continued to sob as I tried to understand what was going on. I didn’t understand that at the time as I continued to cry.

 Yesung looked at me again and said again, “Clean up and hide the evidence.”

At the time, I didn’t understand why Yesung hyung didn’t want the other members to know about how Ryeowook died. I thought that Yesung hyung doesn’t want the others to know because the way he died was really tragic. I learned that it wasn't necessarily the case. 

I looked around the room frantically and obeyed Yesung hyung’s request. I quickly gathered the empty prescription bottle and the small stash of leftover illegal drugs near Ryeowook’s dead body on the floor. I quickly shoved the drugs in my shirt and hid them. My tears never seemed to stop, it just kept on flowing.

Just then, Leeteuk hyung came in the room. “Lights out in ten. We still have early-” Leeteuk hyung began to say when he noticed Yesung and me trying to hide something.

I remember staying still and dropped to the floor next to Ryeowook. My tears fell once again and Leeteuk hyung approached me. He saw that Ryeowook was also on the floor. I took Ryeowook’s body and held it close to mine.

“What happened to him? Is everything okay?” Leeteuk hyung asked as I noticed that his tears were slowly forming.

My voice was weak and I couldn’t say anything. I just continued to cry. Yesung hyung spoke in a surprisingly calm manner and said, “Ryeowook died.”

“No...” Leeteuk hyung said in denial as he looked at the limp body in my arms. “That’s not true...” Leeteuk hyung continued in a distant voice.

It was quiet again. Donghae stopped continuing telling me the story as I remembered that night. I remember how a few Super Junior members were just hanging out in the living room before our comeback in MusicBank the next day.

After a few hours of watching the television and hanging out, we were going to call it the night as everyone heads toward their own rooms. Leeteuk hyung was going in Ryeowook’s room to tell him that it was lights out soon and noticed that Leeteuk hyung was across the hallway, in Ryeowook and Yesung’s room sitting on the floor.

I approached them and everyone who were in the living room seemed to follow.

I remember asking what was wrong. I remember Leeteuk hyung turned towards my direction and he said that Ryeowook died.

I remember not believing them at first. I remember thinking that it was some kind of sick joke, it wasn’t.

I approached Ryeowook who was in Donghae’s arms and cried.              

My recollection of that night wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter