22- Cassette 7 Side B

Th1rteen R3asons Why
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Sorry for the delay. I'll continue writing from Kyuhyun's POV unless I state that it's a narrative or it's someone else's POV. Text like this is still Ryeowook's voice from the tape, text like this is Kyuhyun's thoughts while listening to the tapes. Text like this is sort of like Kyuhyun speaking to Ryeowook in Kyuhyun's head for this chapter. If you have any questions or anything I need to clarify, just comment below. As always, I appreciate your support so thank you:)

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

I don’t know how long I stayed being wrapped around Donghae’s embrace in his car, but it was comforting. Although it doesn’t change the fact that Ryeowook isn’t here with me anymore, the fact that someone was there comforting me was giving me a sense of reassurance that I was desperately looking for.

I backed away and broke away from Donghae’s embrace. I went back to sit on my seat. There were still tears falling from my face, but it was slowly coming to a stop and I took that as a chance to wipe away my tear stained face.

“It won’t get easier Kyu. Once you hear the tapes, all of the tapes, you’re going to hate some people who you used to love. It was difficult facing them for the first time after hearing Ryeowook’s story but I managed. It took me a while but I managed. The way I see them now is not the same as I used to see them. I’m not the same either but I learned that the hardest part of everything about these tapes is not hearing them. The hardest part is looking at the people you once knew, but now in a different way. I won’t answer your question about who I despise, but I will answer you anything else that you want to know,” Donghae said.

I nod my head and after a few moments, my tears eventually came to a stop. I opened the car door and stuck my head outside. I took a few deep breaths and went back in the car.

“Better?” Donghae asked.

I shook my head no but I still gave a half smile in response. I couldn’t bring a full smile since that’s the best I could do at the moment.

I don’t feel good that Ryeowook is not here with me anymore, but I do feel better after taking a few deep breaths.

“Keep listening and by the end of your tape, I’ll answer your questions,” Donghae said.

I looked at him and he gave another half smile.

I obeyed and flipped the taped to the other side. I pressed play and listened to the soft whirring sound of the tape spinning as I waited for Ryeowook’s voice to be present.

Ryeowook’s voice was barely heard, but the silence that surrounded the car made it possible to hear his voice.

The reason why I went undercover and dug into the car crash of 2007 was because of one night. This was years after the car crash occurred.

I may or may not be there anymore but regardless, I wanted you to move on. I wanted to help you find the peace of mind I never had.

I don’t know if you remember, but do you recall the week we finished Mr. Simple promotional activities? Before the tour, the Super Junior members had a week of vacation. Some members went home; others went out of the country, while some members stayed in the dorm.

Eunhyuk, Donghae, you and me stayed in the dorm. For the first 2 days Eunhyuk and Donghae stayed in the dorms but for the remaining of the week, they went home leaving the two of us alone in the dorm.

I couldn’t go home because I had nowhere to go and you refused to go home because you had an argument with your dad.

Do you remember on the first night, we decided to have a karaoke-drinking party? It was only Eunhyuk, Donghae, you and me but it was still fun even when it was just us.

I let the tape keep going as I let my mind wander briefly.

I remember that night. Of course I did. How could I forget the night we first kissed? I guess... it was our first and last kiss.

It was pretty amusing to listen to everyone’s drunken voice. Eunhyuk was completely wasted around 1 in the morning and Donghae didn’t drink a lot. I think Donghae only drank 2 bottles of beer but since he has low alcohol tolerance, he was already slurring his words while singing. I think Donghae is the only one who has a worse alcohol tolerance than me and that alone says something.

Just imagine, Super Junior are professional singers and that night we sang with a drunken voice. I have to admit that it was pretty funny.

Around 1 o’clock in the morning, the only ones who were slightly sober were the two of us. You had a high tolerance on alcohol and was working on your 6th, maybe 7th beer bottle. I don’t drink a lot but I had small sips here and there.

We continued the mini karaoke party and continued to sing. But this time, we sang one of the songs in our latest album at that time. Do you remember what song it was?

My love, My Kiss, My Heart.

It was the new song in our latest album: My Love, My Kiss, My Heart. Although our voices weren’t in the best condition, we still sounded good. Your voice is beautiful. No one has a voice like yours. I think that our voices blend well together and we sound great. We are one of the main vocalists after all.

Last love, last kiss, last dream The heart that acknowledges you Remembers only you Goodbye My love My Kiss It might remain freezing, just like this without you   My love, my kiss, my heart I will bury everything, somewhere deep inside my heart Yeah~ One love, one kiss, to my heart I will try forgetting everything, I will erase them all.

I let the cassette player continue to play with your voice singing in the background. I listened to your voice and listening to you sing the song once again, makes my heart cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter