Chapter 46

Th1rteen R3asons Why
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun’s POV

I took a deep breath and said, “Let’s go.”

I looked at Donghae and gave him a slight nod. He put his seatbelt and started the car. “Where do you want me to drive?”

“Let’s go to the police station,” I said as I put my seatbelt.

I saw Donghae give a slight nod and began to drive.

“Are you sure that’s a good idea? Don’t you think it would be best if we discussed this with the other members? Earlier this morning, when you came in the meeting room, did you notice how most members don’t know what’s happening?  Don’t they deserve to know what’s going on? If we release the tapes and leave it to the police for investigation, the media will be all over the case and our career as Super Junior will be overshadowed by this. We will be remembered as the group in which a member another member. We will be remembered as the group who disbanded because a member committed suicide. I want us to be remembered for our music not because of this. I want Ryeowook to be remembered for his voice not because of the pain he went through. Please Kyuhyun… please reconsider. I want to preserve his image,” Jongwoon hyung pleaded.

Donghae continued to drive as I glanced towards the back and saw Jongwoon hyung through the rearview mirror.

I thought about what Jongwoon hyung said. As much as I hate to admit it… he has a point. Jongwoon hyung was Ryeowook’s best friend, there’s no doubt about that. They truly have a deep understanding of what the other person wants… what the other person needs. Just like Donghae and I, Jongwoon hyung just wants to give his best friend his support one last time.  Maybe I should listen to him. Even though I don’t completely agree with him, he’s the one who knows Ryeowook best.

My main objective is to let Ryeowook get the peace he never got while he was still alive. I’ll help him be free of this horrendous cycle of betrayal, depression and angst. I’ll do everything I can to help Ryeowook get a sense of justice, that’s the least I could do.

Maybe Jongwoon hyung is right. Releasing the tapes will leave Super Junior and Ryeowook with a negative image. Releasing the tapes will leave fans to remember us on a bad note instead of remembering us for our music. Maybe releasing the tapes will leave more damage than give Ryeowook a sense of justice he deserves.

My train of thought interrupted when Donghae announced, “We’re here.”

“Think about it Kyuhyun,” Jongwoon hyung pleaded.

I glanced at Donghae then at Jongwoon hyung. I looked at them and realized something. I wasn’t the only one who lost a coworker, a brother, a friend… we all did. There are other members that are not even aware of the situation and here I was only thinking about myself.

Listening to Ryeowook’s story made me realize a few things. I learned how short life was. We only have one chance at life and it’s too short to live life filled with what ifs and should haves. Life is too short to hold onto grudges towards people who wronged you. It takes a great deal of strength to forgive someone but through time it is possible.

I’m not saying that what Siwon or the other people that were listed did was right, but because Ryeowook wasn’t able to forgive the people who wronged him, he was stuck in that continuous cycle of betrayal, depression and anguish. It’s easier said than done, but forgiving someone releases the pain from the past and sets you free in the present.

Donghae’s car was parked at the police station’s parking lot. We stayed there for a few minutes before I broke the silence and asked, “Hae can you drive us to the hospital?”

The ride going to the hospital was quiet. I guess we were just too preoccupied with our own thoughts that we didn’t really talk to each other. I looked out the window and noticed how nice the weather was despite the cold fall season. The weather was beautiful but I was a wreck. I closed my eyes and released a long sigh.

It didn’t take long until we arrived at the hospital.

 “He’s in room 208,” Jongwoon hyung said.                 

I nod my head and gave him a small smile. We got out of the car and walked to Siwon’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter