37- Cassette 11 Side B

Th1rteen R3asons Why
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun’s POV

After listening to the tapes, I would go to the police station and give them the tapes. I still feel hesitant to give the tapes to the police but if this can give Ryeowook a sense of justice, then I’ll release the tapes. 

Without wasting another second, I turned the tape to the other side and pressed the on button.  I waited for a few seconds until the familiar sound of the tape whirring could be heard. Within a few seconds,  Ryeowook’s voice could be heard in the small space in the car.

The devil’s advocate deceived us all. It’s not the harmless kind of deception that’s been made to start anew, but rather a deception that’s malicious, spiteful and hurtful.

I guess I could start from the beginning and tell you the story of what really happened. I’ll tell you what happened and let you see… or rather… hear for yourself how much I’ve been through because of him.

It was March of 2012 and we were in the middle of Super Show 4. Super Junior was having a Super Show with Leeteuk hyung, Heechul hyung, Yesung hyung, Shindong hyung, Sungmin hyung, Donghae hyung, Eunhyuk, Siwon, Kyuhyun and me.

That was during the Mr. Simple era and I remember finishing the concert around 11 pm because we stayed in the venue longer because of a few encore songs which was fine with me because being onstage is a feeling that I can never get tired of no matter how exhausted I am.

Anyways, after that concert, we had a free day the next day before moving on to the next city. During that day off we had, some members stayed at the hotel while other members were getting ready to go to a club that evening.

Siwon, Sungmin, Eunhyuk, Donghae and I were the members who were planning on going to a club that night. I didn’t really want to go but I figured that since it’s been a while since I last drank and danced at a club, why not?

Going to that club that evening was one of the worst decisions I’ve ever made. For the first half, we stuck together since it was different country and we didn’t know much about the language.  

After a few drinks and a few dance songs after, everyone split up and was doing their own thing. Eunhyuk and Donghae were on the dance floor, having a face-off with someone else on the dance floor. Sungmin, Siwon and I were sitting on the bar stools waiting to be served.

Sungmin hyung was eyeing someone beside us and Siwon encouraged him to go talk to her. After a few drinks, Sungmin hyung got up and approached the girl.

After Sungmin left, I was left alone with Siwon. He was beside sitting beside me having a glass of their special drink.

“Wanna dance?” I remember Siwon ask.

“I’m not really in the mood,” I said apologetically.

“It’s okay. I’ll just stay here then,” Siwon answered back.

“You don’t have to hyung. Honestly, I would rather be alone right now,” I said as I took another sip of my beer.

I didn’t drink any of their specials and just ordered a simple house beer in that bar.

I don’t remember conversing after that. I remember having beer after beer without saying a word, you stayed beside me.

After a while, maybe about an hour and a half after everyone else left, I was half sober and Siwon was sitting beside me drinking silently.

“Ryeowook…”I heard Siwon call my name.

I looked up towards his direction and let a small sound come from my mouth.

Even though I was only half sober, I can’t forget the conversation we had. At that moment, I felt bad for you, I felt sorry that you went through so much. Your story made me empathized with you because I too went through similar struggles you did.

I clicked the pause button and looked at Donghae questioningly. “Ryeowook felt bad for Siwon,” I asked Donghae with disgust. I couldn’t believe the words I was hearing. It’s sort of hard for me to understand.

“To be honest, if Siwon didn’t Ryeowook, I would have sympathized with Siwon after what happened to him, but not anymore. My hatred towards him overpowers the sympathy I felt towards Siwon earlier,” Donghae explained.

I looked at him again and tried to understand what Donghae just said... I can’t. Donghae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter