28- Cassette 9 Side A

Th1rteen R3asons Why
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun’s POV

We stayed silent for a few minutes. Neither of us said anything since we were too preoccupied with our own thoughts.

“What are you thinking about?” Donghae finally asked.

It took me a moment to realize that he was asking the question directly at me.

“Um... everything?” I said but it came out more like a question than an answer.

“Maybe I can help. What are you thinking about?” Donghae offered.

“I don’t know. Everything I guess,” I said.

I can’t summarize everything that I’m feeling or thinking right now because I have more questions than answers. I also have many regrets that I want to correct but how on earth can I do something about it when you can’t go back to the past.

“I’ll play the next tape,” I said when Donghae stayed silent and didn’t respond to my answer.

I took the 8th tape from the cassette player and replaced it with the tape from my bag that said 9. I made sure that it was on side a as I pressed play.

I waited for a few seconds until Ryeowook’s voice could be heard once again.

I’m sort of surprised of how I was able to record the previous tape without any interruptions. I think the previous tape was the longest tape I’ve recorded so far. I thought that since the previous tape is so much longer than the other tapes prior to the last tape, that I would be cut off mid-sentence or something. I guess it’s good that there were no interruptions.

Anyways... back to this tape. Well... after the SMTown of 2007, the president keep on saying how talented Henry was and emphasized on how much he wants Henry to be a part of Super Junior.

 After a few more months, it was fall of 2007 I think, he found another talented trainee that he wanted to add into Super Junior. That trainee would be Zhou Mi.

Around Christmas time of 2007, the president had an idea of creating a subgroup of Super Junior.

I’m pretty sure that you guys know about the subgroup K.R.Y.  But just in case you don’t know, K.R.Y is a subgroup of Super Junior that consists of Kyuhyun, me and Yesung hyung, hence why it’s called KRY.

I forgot to mention earlier that back in late 2006, Super Junior –K.R.Y. was formed. The president mentioned that since KRY was really successful, he wanted to create a subgroup that can enable the new members be a part of Super Junior without breaking the president’s promise with the fans of not having new members.

With that in mind, Super Junior –M was created around late January of 2008 with the intention of promoting as soon as possible. Super Junior –M consists of Hankyung, Siwon, Donghae, Kyuhyun, me and the two trainees that the president wanted to include in Super Junior –M, Henry and Zhou Mi.

Super Junior –M is a subgroup that releases songs and albums in mandarin. Super Junior –M was created around January but was officially formed in April of 2008. The subgroup didn’t begin because the company wants to target mandarin speaking fans as their audience.

No... no no no. Actually... it’s far from it. Super Junior –M is just an excuse the president made to include Henry and Zhou Mi to the group. Since the president promised the fans that there would be no new additions to Super Junior after Kyuhyun, I have a feeling that he made the subgroup out of fear from the fans. Since there should be no more new Super Junior members, adding the subgroup Super Junior –M enabled the president keep his promise to the fans.

With the addition of Henry and Zhou Mi to Super Junior –M, the president didn’t think about how the ELFs would respond. Just because there weren’t necessarily new members to the main Super Junior, it doesn’t mean that the fans wouldn’t react negatively to the new subgroup with new members.

Although there weren’t major incidences like Only12, a few ELFs did show some discontentment with the subgroup and the new addition.

Most of the fans who were unsatisfied with the subgroup were Korean ELFs but since the outcome from overseas fans weren’t too bad, the president decided to keep Super Junior –M. The main reason why the president kept Super Junior–M was mainly because the subgroup won’t promote a lot in Korea and promote mostly overseas like China, where the subgroup was mainly focused on.

Up until now there are some fans who don’t consider Henry and Zhou Mi as part of Super Junior. Their situation is sort of like the Only12 incidence but since the president didn’t include Henry and Zhou Mi in the main Super Junior group

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter