34- Cassette 11 Side A

Th1rteen R3asons Why
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun’s POV

I stayed in the car as Donghae hyung went out and answered the call. I don’t know how long I stayed in the car as I waited before Donghae hyung came back.

It was quiet for a while until Donghae went back in the car and sat in the driver’s seat. “What did Yesung hyung say?” I asked Donghae hyung.

I looked at Donghae and noticed that he put his phone in his pocket. Donghae answered, “He asked where we were and reminded us that the meeting is at 11. Yesung hyung also wants to remind us that we shouldn’t be late since we should also be present at the meeting.”

“What time is it?” I asked.

I saw Donghae checked his phone and he said, “It’s 9:53. Why?”

“Oh nothing. I was just wondering,” I replied.

“Do you want to continue or should we grab some breakfast before the meeting?” Donghae asked.

“I want to listen some more. You can go if you want,” I replied.

I hope that Donghae hyung doesn’t leave though. There are three more tapes left but I’m still terrified to hear the truth.

“I’m not leaving Kyu. I’m staying until you finished,” Donghae said.

I gave Donghae a slight smile as I turned to my bag and took the tape with the label 11. I placed the 11th tape on side A as I waited for Ryeowook’s voice to come once again.

I guess you can say that it’s my fault for believing people easily. I guess you can say that it’s my fault for completely trust people. It’s my fault to trust them when they would eventually let me down. One would have thought that after meeting, trusting and being let down by people easily that I would’ve learned my lesson and stop being so gullible.

But lucky me, I was too naïve to know if the person is actually genuine or if it’s all just an act. This might get confusing but please try to follow me.

I guess I can begin with a question. What’s the similarity between certain idols and Barbie? I’ll give you a few moments to think of an answer.

The answer is that both have different personas as to who they actually are.

If you think about it, Barbie is the ideal perfect woman that many women want to be. Barbie has the right body proportions that any woman wants to have, has a handsome boyfriend, and has a perfect ideal life. Barbie illustrates the perfect life that anyone would be lucky to live in.

However, realistically, if Barbie was a real person, her body ratios are not normal. Her is too big for her arm and body proportions are not healthy for her body mass index. No one was born with those measurements.

Have you ever thought that if Barbie was a real person, would she have eating disorders to get the body proportions she has? Similarly, if Barbie was a real person, would she have had cosmetic surgery to obtain the body she has? Would she have addictions to plastic surgery?

If the theoretical Barbie was a real person who had eating disorders to get those “perfect” body proportions, would that theoretical Barbie end up like me who end up broken and desperately looking for a way out?

In a similar way, I’m like Barbie. I may seem like I live a perfect life, but I don’t. Many people may think that I do but I don’t. I faced many obstacles before my debut. For example, I mentioned in the previous tapes about my so-called friends deceiving me, take advantage of me, and made my life a living hell. I continued to struggle with those misfortunes in my day-to-day life.

I may have not showed it physically but just like with everyone else, I have my own struggles. The only difference with my struggle and a typical person’s struggles is that my struggles are open for the public to see that’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter