24

Th1rteen R3asons Why
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Second update for this week:) I hope you enjoy. I think I've been teasing you guys and not write about the next person but there are some things that I need to clarify through additional chapters. Try to guess who the listed people are on the list, not just the members. They will come soon but as I write, I realize that the chapters are getting longer that's why I needed to break it into a few chapters so you guys won't get bored and just read the dialogue. I tried to edit this quickly before the weekend so that I could make up for not updating for the longest time ever. Don't forget to comment, subscribe and let me know what you think. You don't have to but your comments is the motivation that makes me update fast. Have a great weekend everyone and hope you enjoy...

P.S Important Note: Text like this is Donghae telling a story to Kyuhyun. Normal text like this is Kyuhyun's inner thoughts just like it has been for a while now. If there's something you're unsure of comment below and I'll try to clarify it for you.

Kyuhyun’s POV

We were quiet for a few moments when Donghae spoke up and asked me back “I don’t know where to start. What do you want to know?”

I thought about it for a few moments and replied saying, “How do you have the tapes? Why did Ryeowook give you the tapes?”

Donghae was quiet for a few minutes when he said, “It was during our preparations for y, Free and Single. There was about two weeks left before our comeback on MusicBank and one night, it was past midnight I think, Ryeowook came in my room.”

Donghae became quiet once again. I looked at him and saw that he was staring blankly outside the car window once again. I saw him wipe a tear from his face as he continued with the story.

Eunhyuk was already asleep on his bed and I was just surfing the net. Ryeowook stood in front of the door.

I remember how he smiled awkwardly at me. You should have seen him Kyu, he was different.

For the first time in months, I looked at him. I mean really look at him and the way he looked was different. Underneath all the makeup, underneath the cover up, he looked horrible. He didn’t look like Ryeowook at all.

The person by the door was not the Ryeowook I knew. The person by the door had a depressing aura surrounding him. Even his smile was different. His smile wasn’t the cheerful smile I always remembered Ryeowook’s smiles were. The smile I saw was a small sad smile.

By then, I should have known. I should have noticed how different he looked and I did, but I just brushed that off thinking it was normal. I ignored the signs and didn’t do anything about it.

You said that you feel like you belong in the list like the others. I guess in a way, I do too. I should be listed. Just like you, I let it happen. I should’ve done something, but I didn’t.

Anyways, Ryeowook looked at me and asked if he could come in. I told him that Eunhyuk was already sleeping and that we should talk somewhere else.

He didn’t argue and walked out of the room. I followed him to the living room as Ryeowook sat on the edge of the sofa. I followed suit and sat next to him.

When I first saw Ryeowook that night, I didn’t notice the object he was holding behind him. I looked at Ryeowook and he held a stuff toy towards me. He was holding a giraffe stuffed animal.

I remember the look in his face, he looked sad. He smiled sadly at me. His smile didn’t look forced or fake, the smile just looked sad.

I looked at Donghae and noticed how his voice became distant. It seems like he was remembering something and was deep in thought. It seems like he even forgot my presence. Donghae was quiet for a while but he continued telling Ryeowook’s story.

 I remember asking ‘What is this?’

Ryeowook replied with a joking tone, ‘a giraffe stuffed animal silly’. Even though his voice was in a joking manner, the way he looked like was not matching the way how his voice sounded, he looked bad... he looked sad.

I remembered I asked him, ‘Why are you giving this to me?’

Ryewook didn’t answer for a few moments and I looked into his eyes. He looked back to me and I remember Ryeowook’s eyes continued to look at me and never looked away. He looked at me and started crying all of a sudden.

I didn’t understand why he cried at that moment but I reached over him and began to comfort Ryeowook. Even though I didn't know what was wrong at that time, something inside of me said that something was wrong. I ignored the inner voice inside my head as I comforted Ryeowook.

After a few minutes, I asked Ryeowook what was wrong and he just shook his head. He didn’t give me a response and simply gave me the giraffe.

After Ryeowook gave me his giraffe stuffed animal as he continued to stay where he was. He took a few steps away from me as he wiped away the tears from his face.

I looked at Ryeowook from a distance and should've done something... but I didn’t. I looked back at him and didn’t understand why my heart was hurting.

Although at that moment I didn’t know what was going on, it seems as if I was hurting just as he was hurting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter