9

Th1rteen R3asons Why
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After hearing how Ryeowook’s parents kicked Ryeowook out while he was picked to be a trainee, Kyuhyun doesn’t know where to start with what to say to Ryeowook’s mom.

There was so many things Kyuhyun wanted to ask from Ryeowook’s mom like “Why did you kick Ryeowook out?” or “Do you know how much you hurt Ryeowook?” or “Why didn’t you support him when he needed you the most?”

Kyuhyun wanted to tell Ryeowook’s mom so many things but the only words that Kyuhyun said was, “Hello...”

“Hello... Is this Kyuhyun-ssi?”

Kyuhyun didn’t know what to say except a simple “Deh...”

Kyuhyun could hear the other person’s voice was hoarse. It seemed like the other person was struggling to talk through her tears.

“Kyuhyun-ssi... were you able to help Ryeowook when he was struggling? Was my baby able to find support through you guys?” Ryeowook’s mom asked.

“I don’t think you have the right to ask that,” Kyuhyun replied with a low voice.

“Excuse me?” Kyuhyun’s mom asked through cracked voice.

Donghae was quietly standing near Kyuhyun and heard Kyuhyun’s answer. Donghae gave Kyuhyun a slight nudge and whispered loudly, “Yah...”

“No... I’m pretty sure you heard me right,” Kyuhyun straightened up and cleared his throat. “I said that you don’t have the right to ask me that. Ryeowook was suffering and no one was there to help him. I won’t lie and say that we were there because we weren’t. We were just like you. We found out too late. We didn’t know or realize the signs that he gave us until it was too late,” Kyuhyun stated without yelling.

Kyuhyun wanted to yell at Ryeowook’s mom, but he feels guilty because that would make him a hypocrite. He would become a hypocrite if he started yelling at Ryeowook’s mom because he wasn’t there to help Ryeowook.  

How was he any different from Ryeowook’s mom? Kyuhyun also abandoned Ryeowook.

Ryeowook’s mom abandoned him when he needed his parents the most. Just like Ryeowook’s parents, Kyuhyun abandoned Ryeowook when he needed a person to talk to. He wasn’t there to help his favorite hyung when he needed it.

Kyuhyun was too blind to see, and now it was too late.

“Hello... Kyuhyun-ssi...” the woman on the other side of the phone tried to get Kyuhyun’s attention.

Kyuhyun didn’t even notice that he didn’t respond because he was still thinking about Ryeowook.

“Deh...” Kyuhyun replied politely.

“I said how dare you talk to an adult that way?” Ryeowook’s mom asked Kyuhyun.

“I’m not going to apologize for that. You asked me a question, I simply answered it,” Kyuhyun replied calmly.

He wanted to yell at Ryeowook’s mom, but his own parents taught him how to be respect older people, even when all that Kyuhyun wanted to do was yell at Ryeowook’s mom.

“Young man... I don’t think you should...” Ryeowook’s mom began to say, her voice stern and clear with no hint of her hoarse voice from earlier.

“In all the years I’ve known Ryeowook, not once did I hear him talk about how his parents called and visited him. The only thing I heard from him was how he had to fend for himself and how he had to work for himself because his own parents never supported him,” Kyuhyun began to say.

“Young man, you shouldn’t,” Ryeowook’s mom began to talk again but Kyuhyun cut h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter