19

Th1rteen R3asons Why
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There are so many things that filled Kyuhyun’s mind that he doesn’t know what exactly he’s thinking about. His head hurts from everything he just heard from the beginning up until the recent tapes.

His mind is flooded with Ryeowook’s unfortunate past and now the truth about the accident.

Kyuhyun looked at the beer can in front of him and chugged the whole thing in one shot. That was the fifth one. He looked inside his small plastic bag to grab another beer can when there were only 3 cans left.

“I drank 5 cans,” Kyuhyun said to himself. He laughed at himself and stood up. The beer that Kyuhyun chose wasn’t that strong, however drinking 5 cans can make a person feel more than a little bit tipsy.

As he stood up, his legs were trembling slightly. He head towards the convenient store and greeted the store owner with a nod. Kyuhyun went to the back of the store and looked inside the cooler. Once he saw the soju bottles, he grabbed 3 bottles and head towards the cashier. Kyuhyun was not walking in a straight line.

Once Kyuhyun reached the front of the store, the cashier said, “Haven’t you drank too much already?”

“No, I’m okay,” Kyuhyun said as the cashier punched some sequence in the machine.

The cashier simply nods and put a small paper cup inside a plastic bag along with the soju bottles. Kyuhyun paid for the soju bottles and went outside.

Kyuhyun was heading towards the table he was sitting on earlier when he noticed that there was a figure of a person sitting on his seat.

“Hae” Kyuhyun exclaimed as he went towards Donghae as quickly and straight as he could. He stopped midway. “You’re here,” Kyuhyun exclaimed. He looked at his phone and saw that it was 3:41. Kyuhyun laughed hysterically and said, “You’re late Hae.”

Donghae got up from where he was sitting and walked towards Kyuhyun. He didn’t say a word and helped Kyuhyun walk towards one of the plastic stairs.

Donghae sat on the other plastic chair across from Kyuhyun.

“Even though you’re here, I won’t share my drink. You said you were going to be here within 30 minutes. You’re exactly 7 minutes late,” Kyuhyun said with a laugh.

Donghae didn’t move or laugh along. He simply stared at the younger. The person in front of Donghae was not someone he recognized. Kyuhyun wasn’t acting himself and Donghae knew what that meant. Donghae knew that Kyuhyun has heard it.

Once Kyuhyun noticed that Donghae didn’t say anything, he shrugged his shoulders and put the small paper cup on the table.

He took a soju bottle and poured himself a glass. Kyuhyun drank it one shot. He took the bottle once again and poured himself another glass. Kyuhyun drank it in one shot. Kyuhyun repeated the same actions a few times when he got tired of pouring himself a glass and simply drank from the bottle instead.

Kyuhyun completely forgot about Donghae’s presence who was simply observing Kyuhyun from across the table.

Kyuhyun was in the middle of chugging the soju bottle when Donghae held Kyuhyun’s wrist and said something for the first time since he arrived. “Please stop,” Donghae said which was barely heard.

“What?” Kyuhyun asked as he continued to drink soju with Donghae’s hand around his wrist.

Kyuhyun was more than halfway done his bottle when Donghae’s grasp on Kyuhyun’s wrist tightened preventing the latter to drink his soju.

Kyuhyun tried to break free from Donghae’s grasp but failed since Kyuhyun’s energy was slowly turning weak due to the alcohol he consumed.

“Let go hyung,” Kyuhyun said as he tried to break free once again. He failed.

Kyuhyun struggles getting himself free from Donghae’s hand and accidentally let go of the bottle he was holding.  The glass bottle shattered on the floor.

Donghae was still holding Kyuhyun’s wrist as the latter continued to look at the broken pieces of glass.

Kyuhyun tried once again to break free from Donghae’s grasp which took a lot of Kyuhyun’s energy. Kyuhyun gave up and let his head drop to the table while Donghae’s grasp was still on Kyuhyun’s wrist.

After a few minutes, Donghae let go of Kyuhyun’s wrist but the latter’s head was still on the table unmoved. A few minutes passed and soft sobs could be heard from the younger.

Donghae moved Kyuhyun’s head so he could see Kyuhyun’s face better and saw the latter’s face had tear drops slowly falling down.

“Kyu...” Donghae started to say as he scoots closer to Kyuhyun and put the latter in his embrace.

At first Kyuhyun rejected Donghae’s comfort but eventually, he let Donghae engulf him in an embrace. Kyuhyun still had tears falling from his face when he said, “The glass bottle broke. It used to be a whole but now it broke into millions of pieces. It broke into millions of pieces and cannot be put back together. It`s gone.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter