The Missing Piece

Just Like A Puzzle, You Confuse Me.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

46th Piece of the Puzzle

 

A/N: WARNING- LONG, LONG CHAPTER.

 

Taeyeon woke up feeling sore yet fully energized. Her left arm was numb due to the weight of another lifeless body resting on top of it. Her waist was trapped by a slender arm, and she just stayed still, enjoying the scent of her lover’s hair. It was physically torturing. And yet, she liked it. It was emotionally satisfying, after all.

She adjusted her body, moving her face across Tiffany’s.

She smiled at the sight of a sleeping beauty. ‘This is something I’d like to wake up to every morning.’

She caressed the sleeping girl’s cheek before planting her lips against the latter’s forehead, down to her nose. She was very careful not to wake her up.

 

Tiffany’s forehead creased, her lips displaying a pout that calls for a kiss. She groaned softly, wanting to sleep a little longer.

 

Taeyeon just couldn’t resist the cuteness. She gave the sleeping girl a peck that lasted for a second or two, and giggled when she pulled away.

 

Tiffany slowly opened her eyes and was greeted by a dorky grin. She adjusted her position and covered her head with the blanket, and soon realized that she was still completely . So was Taeyeon.

She immediately revealed her face, and Taeyeon noticed the red tint on her cheeks.

 

Taeyeon was feeling shy, too. She wrapped her whole body with the blanket, with only her face exposed, and rushed towards the bathroom to rinse with Listerine. After what seemed like a minute, she excitedly hurried to the bed to lie down beside her girl.

“Good morning, beautiful.”

She flashed her toothy smile, making sure that her breath could be smelled by the other girl.

 

Tiffany chuckled at her lover’s dorky antics while covering her body with a single giant pillow.

“You do realize that you brought the blanket all to yourself, leaving me completely…” She looked down on the pillow while biting her lip. “garmentless… in here.”

 

“So I am right after all.” Taeyeon wore a cheeky grin while gawking at the pillow that was covering Tiffany’s body.

 

“Huh?”

 

“That you look best without wearing anything.”

 

“Oh gosh.” Tiffany placed her palm against her forehead. “Why must I have a erted girlfriend like you?”

 

Taeyeon had her jaw dropped at the blunt statement.

She gave a sulking look of disbelief. “You make it sound like I’m a dirty old man.”

 

Tiffany knew that her mindless words must have made Taeyeon a little upset. Not wanting the sweet moment to be ruined, she sat up and launched herself above the sulking girl. She trapped Taeyeon underneath her body and ruthlessly threw the blanket away from them.

 

“But having this byuntae in my life is the sweetest thing that has ever happened to me.”

 

“You keep calling me byuntae, but I’m really not. I just appreciate you and your bu--”

 

Tiffany lowered her head and shut the ranting girl up by kissing her like there was no tomorrow.

 

Taeyeon was grinning into the kiss. Her hands were grazing the skin of Tiffany’s hips, letting them travel down to the latter’s best asset. She playfully squeezed them, causing the other girl to gasp out loud.

 

“Best birthday, ever.” Taeyeon said when Tiffany pulled away.

 

***

 

Taeyeon was on her desk, reading some of her unfinished lyrics. She was inspired. And that word per se, was an understatement of what she felt. She was flying in heavens.

One of her songs in the making speaks about a forgotten love. But how could she continue when she was totally elated? The song didn’t fit her anymore. She crumpled the piece of paper and threw it in the trash bin.

She took out a new piece of paper, and started writing as if her hand had a mind of its own.

In the midst of her writing, she couldn’t help but miss her muse. She grabbed her phone and typed sweet nothings as if she had been eating the sweetest candies on Earth.

 

[Are you tired, Fany-ah?]

 

[Not really, why do you ask?]

 

[Cause you’ve been running in my mind all day.]

 

Tiffany, on the other hand couldn’t stop herself from smiling. ‘What has gotten into you, Kim Dork?’

She dialled her lover’s number, smiling widely while waiting for an answer.

 

[Yes, love?]

 

[What are you doing, Tae?]

 

[Thinking about you.]

 

Tiffany, once again, couldn’t contain her giggles anymore. Her girlfriend was being so sweet that she, herself, wanted to puke rainbows in her thoughts. [I’m serious, babe… What are you up to?]

 

Taeyeon was cringing at her own antics. She was guilty of being a cheeseball.

[But I’m serious, too.]

 

[I’ll get you arrested if you continue doing that.]

 

[Why? You’re scaring me, Atty. Hwang.]

 

[You have stolen my heart. It’s a crime, you know.]

 

[Sorry… But I have no intentions of returning it to you.]

 

“Ehem.” The band leader, Leeteuk, just barged inside the Music studio, without knocking. “Looks like someone is inspired lately.” He looked at the pile of papers on the girl’s desk. “New songs?”

 

[I’ll call you again later.] Taeyeon hung up from the call and stood up to greet the band leader.

 

“Did you—er.. hear me?”

 

Leeteuk plastered a cheeky grin before letting out soft chuckles.

“Well, well well… What have we got here, a cheesy song writer!” He walked closer to the blonde and ruffled her hair.

“Enough with the sad songs.” He smiled. “It’s time for a change. With the new vocalist around, I’m sure our band’s gonna have a total repackage.”

 

“So… Is it final?” Taeyeon asked warily.

 

“Yep! Junsu’s qu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter