15th

Just Like A Puzzle, You Confuse Me.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

15th Piece of the Puzzle

 

The supposed-to-be-romantic-day left a scar in the hearts of the two best friends.

They walked in silence on their way to the bus terminal. Tiffany would glance at Taeyeon from time to time but the older girl just kept on walking as if she were in a hurry to go home. The back of their hands would occasionally touch which made the situation more awkward.

 

Tiffany couldn’t handle the awkwardness anymore.

 

 “Tae… I feel cold.”

 

She meant two things. The weather sent her shivers but what she really wanted was for Taeyeon to talk to her and hug her in this cold evening.

Although Taeyeon felt cold herself, she was willing to give way to the younger girl. She pulled the mini blanket from her bag and gave it to her shivering best friend.

 

“Here, wrap this around your shoulder.”

 

They continued to walk their way until Taeyeon felt an arm around her. Tiffany had put the pink blanket around the older girl’s shoulder and hugged her from the back.

 

Taeyeon’s heart was beating fast. She couldn’t help but feel butterflies in her stomach.

 

“Fany-ah… Aren’t you cold?”

 

“I am… But you are too.”

 

 

Tiffany leaned her chin on the shorter girl’s shoulder

 

 

'Please don’t make this hard for me, Fany-ah. My heart can’t take it any longer.'

 

'Taeyeon-ah… I can feel it. Please stop pretending.'

 

*****

 

The three-hour bus ride was filled with an eerie silence.

The older girl kept looking outside the window while the younger girl looked the other way.

 

'Sooyoung, is this my punishment? Is this what you really wanted?'

She looked at the pink handcuff around her wrist.

 

 

✉[Soo, wait for us at the bus terminal. & PLS BRING THE KEYS.]– Tae

✉[Can’t wait!! Ok I’ll be there Taengoo!!]- Sooyoung

 

 

Sooyoung was so eager to know how her brilliant plan turned out. She waited for her two friends to arrive at the bus terminal in Seoul. She couldn’t keep her excitement upon seeing the bus that came from Incheon.

 

'Did the two lovebirds finally confess their feelings? You guys should thank this TALLEST cupid on Earth!'

She immediately ran towards the door where the passengers went out.

 

The shorter girl went out first with Tiffany at her back.

The tallest girl greeted the two as if they weren’t together just a while ago.

 

“Tiffany!! Why are your eyes like that??" Sooyoung cupped the younger girl’s cheeks. "Did you cry?”

 

Taeyeon quickly glanced at Tiffany’s face to check if Sooyoung was telling the truth.

And it was indeed true. Her best friend seemed to have cried without her knowing it.

 

“Yah! What did you do to Fany?” Sooyoung glared at the shorter girl.

 

 

 

Taeyeon got so confused for she had no idea that Tiffany cried all throughout the bus ride

“I I I didn’t-"

 

“Soo… It’s nothing. I didn’t cry. Something just went inside my eyes and I couldn’t take it off. I’m okay now.”

Tiffany forced a smile.

 

 

'You are so not good at lying, Tiffany.' Sooyoung thought.

 

Taeyeon quickly lent her best friend the handkerchief from her jean’s pocket but the younger girl refused to take it. She then wiped Tiffany’s tears herself.

 

That action just made Tiffany’s eyes more watery than it already was.

It made Taeyeon more confused. She quickly turned to Sooyoung.

 

“Do you have the key with you now?” She asked.

 

The tall girl searched for it inside her bag but she didn’t find it. Her face turned pale upon remembering where she left it.

“I think I left it in my room.” Sooyoung bit her lower lip.

She didn’t do it on purpose. Her excitement to see the outcome of her plans blinded her thoughts that she forgot to put the keys inside her bag.

 

Taeyeon let out a loud sigh. “Well, I guess you have to bring it to my house tomorrow morning.”

 

She checked the time on her cell phone. It was almost midnight.

“Fany-ah… It’s too late. You can stay with me tonight.”

 

Tiffany just nodded at her best friend with her thoughts running in circles.

 

Sooyoung left her two friends at the bus terminal. Half of her mind was thinking that it was her fault for not bringing the keys but the other half was telling her that it was an excellent idea.

On her way home, she couldn’t stop thinking about what happened when she left Incheon and what would happen to her two friends tonight.

 

'Did Tiffany really cry? If so… Why? Aish! I can’t ask them yet… They have to tell it to me directly!'

 

 

****

 

 

The two best friends walked again in silence on their way home. Taeyeon’s heart was pounding. She couldn’t stop thinking about the things that happened today. She wondered why Tiffany was being quiet all night. They were feeling so awkward which was very unusual for the both of them.

 

After gathering enough courage, Taeyeon stopped walking and turned to Tiffany.

“Are you sure your dad won’t get mad at you for not going home tonight?”

 

 

 

The younger girl nodded.

 

“Taetae…"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I’m tired of walking.” She muttered

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“But we’re almost there, Fany-ah…” Taeyeon’s house was a few more blocks from where they were.

 

 

 

 

 

Tiffany pouted which made Taeyeon sigh in defeat.

 

“Fine, fine…”

Taeyeon bent her knees just enough for Tiffany to climb on her back.

She patted her back, signalling Tiffany to climb up.

 

“What are you doing, Tae?”

 

“Hop on… I’ll carry you til we get home.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Taetae…"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You’re the biggest dork ever created in this world.” Tiffany tried holding back her laughter.

 

Taeyeon had no clue as to why Tiffany was laughing all of a sudden.

“Why are you laughing?” She turned to face Tiffany.

 

“How are you gonna carry me at your back when we’re still handcuffed? Our arms might get broken, don’t you think?”

 

The two laughed at their silliness, especially Taeyeon. She just couldn’t stop her ahjumma laugh which made Tiffany clap her own hands upon hearing it. They just stood there, laughing, forgetting all the hurt they felt just a while ago.

 

There was silence once again as soon as they stopped laughing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I can just walk, Taeyeon-ah.”

 

Tiffany

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter