19th

Just Like A Puzzle, You Confuse Me.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

19th Piece of the Puzzle

 

TAEYEON'S POV

 

       I never really thought I'd fall in love with a girl. It wasn't love at first sight when I first saw Tiffany. I remember that day, my heart still belonged to someone else. Tiffany was a cheerful and bubbly girl who always made me smile during my depressed days. She pulled me out from the dungeon where I practically hid three years ago.

 

       The word 'shock' is an understatement of what I felt when she told me that her mother died. I mean, come on. Seeing that hyper-active, eye-smiling angel, who would've thought that there was a crying girl hiding inside her?

 

       I was amazed by her eye-smile. YES, AMAZED. That's the exact word. Being a girl, I was jealous at first. How can someone have a beautiful smile like hers? It's like you'll be trapped inside her world once she smiles for it can capture anyone.

 

Boy or girl, it chooses no one.

 

       Believe me, I tried denying these feelings. At first I thought it was just sisterly love. But then again, whenever I think about Yuri, my High School best friend, the feeling's so much different. Yuri was just like a sister. I never felt anything more than friendship.

 

       But with Tiffany, it's more than that. Her touch sends electricity to my whole body. And don't even get me started with her stares. They're killing me. And her , I know it sounds weird but.... I am somehow attracted to it. Don't get me wrong. I'm not a ert. It's just that.... Well, maybe I am. But only for her.

 

Seeing Tiffany with another guy made me realize one thing:

 

THAT I'M TRULY, MADLY, & DEEPLY IN LOVE WITH MY BEST FRIEND.

 

For three years, we haven't really been involved in any other relationship. It's always been us... TAENY.

And of course, that shikshin Sooyoung who never really had special someone besides food.

 

       I never really thought I'd feel this way again. The feeling of being stabbed in the heart upon seeing your loved one with another person. The last time I felt that was during my prom. Junsu didn't even care about my feelings. My poor little heart got broken into pieces. Luckily, someone helped me mend it. Fany was the one who picked all the pieces up and brought them back together again.

 

This time, it's different. It's not just being stabbed in the heart. The feeling is like my eyes are being plucked out from its sockets while my neck is being strangled. Forgive me for imagining things like these. But believe me, it's even worse than that.

 

My heart fell upon seeing her, being held by that American guy. It hurts me to see my best friend smiling because of someone else. I am not selfish. I want her to be truly happy. If I can't give her happiness, maybe someone else can... And maybe that someone is NICKHUN.

 

Maybe in the eyes of other people, they look perfect. A handsome boy. A beautiful girl. Match made in heaven.

 

But somewhere in my heart, I keep thinking. Maybe we feel the same way.

Maybe we're just both scared.

 

Maybe...

 

"Maybe"

one word. five letters. two syllables that can ruin my sanity.

 

I am running now as fast as I can. I don't want to ruin their sweet moment. I know Tiffany longs for this. She's such a hopeless romantic. And who am I? Of course... I'm her number one supporter! If she's happy, i'm happy. Maybe not. But I'll try.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter