23rd :))

Just Like A Puzzle, You Confuse Me.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

23rd Piece of the Puzzle

"Events become feelings, feelings become events.

Head and Heart are contrary historians." -Stargirl (J.S.)

 

As the hands of the clock ticked with every passing second, people became lesser and lesser. The sky terrace looked so peaceful with only two girls standing across the edge of the fences. Soon, it was only Taeyeon and Tiffany.

 

"Well, if you're THAT GIRL, I guess I won't mind."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tiffany's husky yet sweet voice echoed repeatedly in the head of the shorter girl beside her.

 

'FANY-AH!!! PLEASE DON'T PLAY WITH MY FEELINGS! THIS TOWER IS SO HIGH. I CAN'T AFFORD TO JUMP FROM HERE. YOU'RE KILLING ME!!!'

 

Taeyeon was still looking down on the floor as she fidgeted her fingers. The words tingled down her spine. She wanted to bite her own fist but there's no use in doing so. It took her a while to respond for she was still unsure if Tiffany was just teasing her just like what they always do together. Her nervousness was obviously showing through the light illuminated by the moon and the stars.

 

Tiffany was nervous as well. The fact that Taeyeon didn't have any witty response after hearing what she had just said, she thought that she failed once again. A lot of things were running through her head.

'Did I scare her off? What if she freaks out? Is this just one sided?'

 

She closed her eyes as she faced the shorter girl. She didn't want to embarrass herself more than she already was. She didn't want to be rejected. She was afraid of the outcome of her mindless speaking.

 

Not really knowing what to say in this life and death situation, she just blurted out, "Tae, I was just kidding."

 

Indirect rejection, once again.

 

                                                            No, you haven't even confessed yet

 

You heard it. She was just kidding.

 

                                                Just tell her what you feel.

 

Wimp Taengoo was having a mind battle with Confident Taeyeon. She didn't know what to do. If she confessed now, she would be risking their friendship. If she didn't, her heart would just explode. Taeyeon felt like the whole world was gonna swallow her whole.

 

After what seemed like an eternity of silence, Tiffany slowly opened her eyes, only to see a weeping pair of onyx eyes.

 

 

 "So, you were just kidding." Taeyeon finally spoke up as she tried to hold back her tears. Her heart couldn't take all the confusion anymore. It was more than enough to fuel her heart's rage.

  

It's now or never.

 

"I know this isn't right. I shouldn't be feeling this way towards you, but I can't help it. This heart is so stubborn. I'm a fool, Fany-ah... I'm a fool." Taeyeon placed her palms across her chest and burst into tears.

 

Tiffany felt a pang of guilt upon seeing her best friend cry because of her own foolishness. This time, she was sure. She was so sure that Taeyeon loved her more than she could ever know. They didn't even need words to understand each other.

 

Tiffany stepped closer to Taeyeon. "Tae, Look at me."

She wiped Taeyeon's tears using her own fingers. "Tell me what you feel."

 

 

 

It's now or never.

 

 

 

"I'm afraid to lose you. I-I don't want that to happen." She struggled to find the right words to say, but eventually gathered enough courage to speak her mind.

"If being best friends is the only way for us to be always together, then it's more than enough for me. I just want to see your smile everyday. Do you know how hard it is for me to keep this to myself? Every night I think about you, and I always wonder if you feel the same."

 

She slowly moved her hands from Tiffany's shoulder to her wrist, grazing the smooth skin of the younger one, inhaling the familiar scent she had always longed for.

 

Tiffany shivered at the gentle touch. It gave her goos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter