20th

Just Like A Puzzle, You Confuse Me.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

20th Piece of the Puzzle

 

TAEYEON'S POV

 

        I promised myself not to confess to Tiffany for it might just ruin our beautiful friendship. My best friend always has this intimidating look whenever she sees tomboys or lesbians. I don't blame her for that. Her first love(?) was a fake, betraying dinosaur, according to her. She was fooled, I know.

 

        When she confessed to me her hatred towards such people, I understood. Hate is a strong word but there's no other word to describe it, according to her. I never thought like that. For me, as long as two people love each other, it doesn't really matter. I am not religious. But that doesn't mean I don't believe in HIM. Heck, I do. I really do. It's just that the people in this society cannot accept the fact that two people of the same gender can genuinely fall in love with each other.

 

         Before I met her, I was just like them. I grew up believing that a man is for a woman; woman is for a man. But as time went by, my feelings for her became something I wish I hadn't acknowledged. I suddenly questioned myself, am I becoming someone I know I'm not? But then again, it's only Tiffany. I never really looked at other girls. Does that make me gay?

 

LABELS

The word that separates the whole world.

 

 

       That night in Incheon gave me a red light signal. It's a sign that I should stop these feelings. But I guess it's too late, I've already fallen deeply in love with her. There's this large part of me saying that I should listen to my heart. It says go for it! I can't risk our friendship just like that. But I also can't live my whole life thinking what if the feeling is mutual? 

 

"......I CAN DO IT!!!"

 

        It was the last phrase that came out from my lips. It feels good to vent out my feelings through shouting. I really wanted this to get off my chest. Yes, I know I can do it. But when I try to think about how to say it, it feels as if the whole world will swallow me. Can I really do it?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon leaned forward as she fiddled her fingers onto the barrier of the bridge. She let out a faint smile after shouting her heart out. It did feel good. It felt as if all the burdens she was carrying were lifted up.The gentle breeze of the fresh air coming from the river rushed through her skin as she closed her eyes and let her thoughts wander freely.

She opened her eyes from what seemed like a minute of slumber and just stood there as she watched the ripples in the water. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"TAEYEON-AH!"

 

A familiar sound coming from the other side of the bridge echoed through the evening.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon slowly turned around only to see an eye-smiling angel waving her hands and jumping like a child. 

She felt like having a mini-heart attack upon realizing that it was her best friend.

 

Omo. Did she hear everything?

 

Tiffany excitedly rushed to the other side of the bridge not caring if there were cars running her way.

Taeyeon was in a state of panic when she realized that a truck was about to collide with the running girl.

 

 

 

 

"FANY-AH.... DON'T!!!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The younger girl stood frozen upon seeing the headlight of the car, as if her feet were glued onto the road.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter