43rd

Just Like A Puzzle, You Confuse Me.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

43rd Piece of the Puzzle

 

“How did you know?”

 

 

Junsu walked closer to the blonde before explaining himself. “I just heard it from the people back there.”

 

He then gulped the lump in his throat before finally saying what had been running in his mind ever since he met his first love once again. “Do- do you have someone to celebrate it with?”

 

Taeyeon remembered the text message that Tiffany had sent her not too long ago. Her eyes didn’t hide the sadness that she was feeling.

 

Junsu felt the hesitation in her silence. “I mean… I know you have your family and friends. But-“

 

“Are you asking me out?” She asked bluntly.

 

He was caught red handed. He slightly bowed down his head in embarrassment.

“I guess I am.” He heaved out a sigh. “Well, if it's okay with you.”

 

“But I’m not single.” She replied abruptly, feeling a bit sorry for the guy. She forced a smile and turned her back once again.

She walked slowly as she reminisced her silly high school days.

 

PUPPY LOVE. That’s what she felt back then.

It’s nothing compared to the TRUE LOVE she was feeling now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Taeyeon!” He shouted from a near distance.

 

She stopped in her tracks.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“…He’s one lucky guy!”

 

 

She smiled sheepishly. ‘She’s one lucky girl. But I’m luckier to have her.’

 

 

"I know."

 

 

***

 

 

 

Taeyeon plopped herself in bed, feeling exhausted by today’s activities.

She then thought of Junsu; her first love. Their sudden meeting brought back the bittersweet memories from her past.

 

‘Thanks for the memories, oppa.’

 

 

She was zoning out as she stared at the ceiling.

Her cell phone suddenly rang.

 

She was hoping it was her mushroom.

But it wasn’t.

 

 

[Hello, umma.]

[Thank you. But I’m already turning 25, not 22.]

[Everybody says I’m cute. When will that word ever disappear from the dictionary?]

[Love you too, umma.]

[Yes, will see you tomorrow.]

 

 

 

She looked at the wall clock intently, waiting for its hands to strike 12. She was hoping that the first person that would greet her was her mushroom. It was a crime to expect something. But she couldn’t help it.

 

If it were Tiffany’s birthday, she would do everything just to be the first one to greet her.

But they weren’t on the same boat.

 

It was 12 o’clock.

Her cellphone beeped several times.

 

She read the first birthday greeting. She sighed in frustration upon seeing her father’s name.

-and then Jiwoong's, followed by Hayeon's.

 

The next text messages were from Sooyoung, Sunny, Sunmi, and some other people whom she worked with.

 

-NOTHING FROM TIFFANY.

 

‘Maybe she’s just really tired from work,’ she thought.

She didn’t want her day to be all gloomy just because of her high expectations.

 

She closed her eyes and a teardrop fell down her pillow before she finally drifted off to sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

 

The sun had finally risen. The rays were gleaming into her room through her glass windows.

She stretched her arms while yawning.

 

After staring at nothing for quite a while, she then forced herself to get up from bed.

It was already 9 in the morning.

 

 

She then wore her slippers and went inside her own bathroom to do her morning rituals.

Feeling fresh and ready for the day, Taeyeon went out, wrapped only in a towel.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“HAPPY 22nd BIRTHDAY, YOU MIDGET!!”

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter