34th

Just Like A Puzzle, You Confuse Me.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

34th Piece of the Puzzle

A/N: I suggest you listen to this song as you read this chapter: "Can You Hear Me?'

 

 

SHOULD I STILL WAIT FOR YOU??

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

....OR LET GO AND START ANEW?"

 

 

 

The last few words didn’t come out as scream. Each word was spoken softly but clearly.

The blonde remained standing before the barrier. She was clutching her ‘key’ necklace as she reminisced about the past; the past that she kept holding on to. Memories of the girl she loved the most kept flashing back.

Raindrops started to fall one by one. Taeyeon searched for an umbrella inside her bag but realized there was none. She was sure it wasn’t going to rain for rarely does it rain during autumn.

Instead of running away, she just stood still, and let the raindrops fall onto her skin.

Her eyes remained closed as she folded her arms for warmth.

 

It didn’t take long for her to realize that the rain had stopped pouring.

She slowly opened her eyes and noticed that it's still raining, but not in her spot.

A shadow of an umbrella and a woman standing beside her were illuminated by the moonlight.

Taeyeon could not believe what she saw in her periphery.

 

“You should always have an umbrella with you.” A familiar husky voice said. "You never know if it's gonna rain."

 

She didn’t believe it at first. Her mind kept telling her that this was just one of her imaginations.

Nevertheless, she still replied, “It’s fine. This way, people won’t notice my tears.”

 

The two women remained standing without uttering a word. But as minutes passed by, the rain became heavier. The pink umbrella was suddenly flung onto the floor when a loud thunder came crashing from the night sky.

 

The blonde’s body was pulled into a tight embrace.

This time, she was sure. The warmth that she felt wasn’t an imagination. 

Taeyeon was startled at the sudden action. It had been four years since she last felt this kind of warmth; the warmth that only one person could give. And this person was none other than Tiffany.

Words were not needed as they let the heavy rain pour down on them.

 

“You’re still scared of the thunder?” Taeyeon was as stiff as a statue. She wanted to wrap her arms around the younger girl so bad and just savour the moment. But her mind was stopping her from doing so.

 

“Is there no other reason for me to hug you besides me being scared of the thunder?” Tiffany didn’t pull away, wanting the hug to last longer. The blonde released herself from the hug, making the younger girl pout in disappointment. 

 

Tiffany pulled her again. “Let's stay this way a little longer, please?”

This time, she locked her arms around Taeyeon’s waist, not letting go, if it was even possible.

 

"I was there... at the airport." 

 

Tiffany was feeling guilty. Not because Taeyeon was trying to make her feel that way. But she had already been guilty of breaking Taeyeon's heart for the past four years.

 

The younger one could only reply with a sniff. Her tears were mixing with the raindrops, and yet, it was evident. Her eyes spoke for themselves as she stared longingly into the eyes of the older girl.

 

I saw you. And I wanted to get down from the plane if only it was possible.

 

Taeyeon had a lot of questions in mind.

She needed definite answers, but the situation wasn’t right.

The heavy rain kept pouring down, and soon, both of them were drenched 

The older girl tightly gripped the younger one's wrist as she ran towards her car.

 

"Where are we going?" The brunette asked while being pulled away.

 

 

TIFFANY'S POV

 

Our memories in this car are still as clear as crystal. Time flew by so quickly without me realizing it.

Aside from the papers that are piled up messily on the dashboard, nothing has really changed.

It's kind of awkward, to see her all serious while driving. She was always the dork who tried to do weird stuff just to make me laugh; not that it was necessary. Seeing her was enough to make me smile.

I can't help but wonder if someone has already taken my place in the passenger's seat.

I'm dying to ask her about everything; what she does for a living, and all the other little things. But most of all, is she single?

I want to tell her everything and explain myself. But I'm not sure how. I'm pretty sure she hates me right now. If she doesn't, she'll be excited to see me. And not like this.

 

She's just so silent. Actually, we both are. It's been four years.

Four years without any form of communication.

 

And here I am, inside her car, looking at her like a mother who just found her missing daughter.

The only source of light in this evening is the moon. Her face glows as if the stars are shining upon her. Her hair has grown longer. Her chubby cheeks have lost some fat, but still pinchable. She looks more mature, in a good way.

 

"Taeyeon."

 

The fate is with me as the red light took its turn. She has no reaso

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter