40th

Just Like A Puzzle, You Confuse Me.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

40th Piece of the Puzzle

 

 

Taeyeon was feeling nervous as she stepped on the break. She parked the car right in front of Tiffany’s house, and took a deep breath with her eyes closed.

 

“Tae, it’s gonna be alright.”

Tiffany was having mixed emotions. She was excited to see her dad; there was no doubt about that. But then, a large part of her was anxious too.

 

“You’re really telling him about us now?”

Taeyeon bit her lower lip as she stared in Tiffany’s eyes. The brunette could definitely tell that Taeyeon was probably dying in anxiousness. She too, was feeling that way. But she could never show it to the Blonde for it would just make them more nervous than they already were.

 

“He already KNEW about us before. And now I’m telling it to him again.” Tiffany managed to calm Taeyeon’s mind by holding her hand. She caressed it ever so soothingly to brush off all the fears away. “I’m not scared anymore, Tae. Just please. Be brave for me, will you?”

 

This had triggered Taeyeon’s courage to rise up from the ground. “If he doesn’t approve of us, I’ll make a way.” She smiled forcefully.

 

“I trust you.”

 

Tiffany got off from the car first, leaving Taeyeon behind. She had planned to surprise her dad for the latter didn’t know about the arrival of his son and daughter in Korea.

Taeyeon followed suit. She stood behind Tiffany like a shy kindergarten.

The brunette still had the key to their house. Along with Taeyeon, she walked towards the door, trying to muffle the sound of their footsteps.

 

 

 

Mr. Hwang was reading the newspaper. It was late in the morning, almost lunch time. It had been a daily routine for him. Same things happen almost every day.

Tiffany smiled widely upon seeing her father from a short distance. She missed him so much although they had just seen each other during her graduation from law school. She was still hiding behind the wall.

 

After mustering all the confidence, she revealed herself, smiling as if they hadn't seen each other forever.

“Hey dad!”

 

He looked up, removing his eyes away from the newspaper. A straight line was replaced by a curved smile at the sight of his daughter. “Tiffany! You’re home!”

He immediately stood up from the couch and welcomed his daughter in his arms.

 

“I missed you, dad!”

 

 “Me too. Have you eaten lunch already? Why didn't you call first?”

 

"I wanted to surprise you!" Tiffany was smiling from ear to ear as she pulled away from the much needed hug. “Dad, Is it okay if someone joins us for lunch?”

 

Realizing that Taeyeon had been hiding behind the wall, Tiffany excused herself and called the blonde who was probably reciting her prayers in silence.

 

 

Tiffany interlaced her fingers with Taeyeon’s. She was holding it so lovingly that one would immediately think they’re not just friends. Skinship between them was natural even when they were still just friends.

But seeing how they looked at each other as they walked to the dining table, Mr.Hwang let out a faint sigh. He wasn’t expecting her daughter to be still in love with the same person.

 

“Taeyeon’s here with us, Dad.”

 

The blonde bowed down her head as a sign of respect.

“Good morning, Mr. Hwang. How have you been?”

 

A lot was going through his head. Were they bad? He too, couldn’t tell. What he knew was what he wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter