37th

Just Like A Puzzle, You Confuse Me.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

37th Piece of the Puzzle

 

MEMORY LANE

 

“Tiff.”

 

A well-built man with the same features as Tiffany crept inside the latter’s room.

“How’s my little sister?” He asked, flashing the trademark smile of the Hwangs.

 

“Oppa.” She looked up, taking her eyes away from the paper she was reading.

 

“Busy?” He glanced at the pile of papers on her desk. “You’ve been too busy studying for the past four years. Why don’t you enjoy the weekends sometimes? And maybe you could meet some nice guys.”

 

“You know I don’t have time for that. I'm graduating soon,” she proceeded on her readings.

 

“I know. But It’s really not healthy to engulf yourself too much on school stuff. Haven’t you considered going on a date?”

 

Noticing that the older brother was still idling in her room, she unwillingly stopped what she was doing and faced him.

 

“Oppa,” She took a deep breath. “I’m already taken.”

 

Leo’s face was expressionless at first. And then curiosity knocked to his senses.

“Is it that muscular man who looks cocky?” He asked. “What’s his name again?”

 

“The person I’m talking about is not here.” She smiled. “And Siwon is just a close friend; nothing more than that. He doesn’t see me THAT way either.”

 

“Well then, who is that person?” Leo’s curiosity was bugging him. Rarely did he have some decent conversations with his sister. Tiffany was always busy with school stuff. And he, too, was busy with his work and family.

 

Just when she was ready to confess to her brother, the door creaked open, revealing an American woman in her late twenties.

“Hey, eye-smiling siblings,” she greeted. “Dinner’s ready.”

 

A much smaller figure came in. The little girl took her father’s genes. The only thing she got from her mother was her American accent. “Dad! I don’t like the food," she protested.

 

Leo met his daughter’s gaze. “Why?”

 

“It’s hamburger! We’re all gonna die.”

Tiffany burst into laughter. She walked towards the 3-year old kid and pinched her cheeks.

 

“Seohyun-ah, you won’t die eating a burger. Do you know that it’s my favourite?”

The little one shook her head vigorously.

“You should go visit Korea then. I'll introduce you to someone who's just like you!”

 

The American mother and the little kid went out of the room and gave the siblings privacy once again.

Not wanting any more hindrance, Tiffany finally uttered, "Oppa. I've written a contract four years ago, which is why I am taken."

"There you go again, being Atty. Hwang. Just spill it out."

"Someone's waiting for me in Korea." She smiled, a sincere one. "Her name's Kim Taeyeon."

 

"HER?"

 

 

PRESENT TIME

 

 

"Leo oppa."

 

 

Tiffany was eagerly waiting for Taeyeon's response. Her lips were trying to suppress the dying urge to laugh at Taeyeon's puzzled expression.

 

Sooyoung caught up. It didn't take long for her to realize what Tiffany was trying to do. 'Troll Fany eh?'

She quickly turned to the short girl and read her face, "Yah! Taengoo! You're zoning out!"

 

Taeyeon immediately got back to her senses. "Leo oppa, your brother?"

 

"Who else would I call oppa?" Tiffany clasped her hands together and finally let out soft giggles.

 

"Siwon-ssi." Taeyeon cooed, carefully tilting her head sideways.
 

The muscular man smiled, showing his killer dimples. "But Tiff doesn't call me oppa." Siwon carefully studied the shorter girl's face. He felt the need to explain things even without being questioned.

 

He cleared his throat. "Does it seem like we're dating?" He eyed Taeyeon. "Tiff and I are just friends."

He scoffed and turned to Tiffany, "Unless you want us to be more than that?" He smirked.

 

Tiffany got uncomfortable. The joke was clearly not funny especially when Taeyeon was with her.

She just rolled her eyes and uttered, "Dream on, Siwon!"

 

Hearing that made Taeyeon smile in victory. 'Take that, Woody!'

She was given the slightest hope; a chance to be with Tiffany once again.

 

Siwon chuckled, "That was a joke." He looked at the three girls. "But apparently none of you laughed."

He scatched his nape. "I'm so lam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter