21st

Just Like A Puzzle, You Confuse Me.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

21st Piece of the Puzzle

 

TAEYEON'S POV

 

What better way to spend a Saturday evening than to share a blissful moment with the one you love at your most favorite place on Earth? Here we are, standing across the barrier of the bridge. We stay here quietly, enjoying the colorful lights that shine onto the water. It's funny how this scenery makes me feel like i'm a child whose mouth stays wide open whenever I see such things. Did I even grow up? I suddenly feel a hand under my chin. Tiffany pushes it up for me.

"Don't invite mosquitoes, Taetae." She chuckles.

I look at my best friend whose eyes seem to be disappearing once in a while. She looks back at me and nudges my elbow.

"Tae, stop staring."

Somehow, I blame this telepathic powers that Tiffany and I possess. These are one of the moments when we do not even need words to talk. And I ask myself, if we do possess this power, does it mean that maybe, just maybe, she knows what I feel?

"I'm not. What makes you think that?"

Am I being too obvious? My eyes fall onto her neck. I see that she's not wearing the lock necklace that i gave her. I look at my own and my lips form a frown unconsciously.

"Where's your lock necklace?" I ask, pretending to be cool with it.

I notice her biting her lower lip. She seems nervous. "I'll make it up to you, Taetae!"

Did she lose it? Or maybe she just left it? I knew it. I didn't have to ask. I don't wanna know either. But to be honest, it hurts my heart. Am I the only one who values our friendship necklaces?

 

She grabs my hand and pulls me away. I do not know what this girl is thinking right now. She just nearly died and here she is, trying to kill us both as we run across the road.

"Fany-ah!! If you wanna die, don't include me!" I shout.

 

We successfully arrive to the other side of the bridge, panting.

 

"If I die, don't you dare to visit my funeral cause I'll be the one to visit you. And I'll be the most beautiful ghost you'll ever encounter."

 

And there she is again, flashing her eye smile, the smile that kills me every minute I look at it.

She calls for a Taxi. I wonder what's on her mind.

The driver opens it for us. "Where to, beautiful ladies?"

 

"Namsan Tower, ahjussi." Tiffany blurts out as we both enter the cab.

 

"As you wish." He starts driving.

 

In my 21 years of existence, I've never been to Namsan tower. Although we live in Seoul, our family never really has time to go and visit it. I only see it in dramas and movies. A part of me feels excited to go there especially now that I'm with my best friend. But a part of me also says, isn't it rude to just leave the concert like that? I didn't even say goodbye to Wooyoung.

I grab my phone and type a message, a sincere one.

✉[Wooyoung, I'm sorry I had to leave early. Your performance was daebak!! Glad to be there. keke. fighting!] 

 

A/N: Please play this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkvxaYi_BgI

 

I suddenly feel like I'm in paradise upon seeing the tall tower that glows throughout the evening. I look at the girl beside me and notice that her expression is just the same as mine.

"Have you been here, Fany-ah?" I ask.

Why did I even ask that question? Judging her expression, one can tell that she hasn't. Dumb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter