38th

Just Like A Puzzle, You Confuse Me.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

38th Piece of the Puzzle

A/N: I shall now give you a long chapter! ENJOY <3

 

 

“Wow.”

 

Leo was grinning from ear to ear. His thoughts were still hanging on the sudden confession.

He bit his lower lip, trying to suppress the inner giggles.

 

“So smooth, I like that.”

He slightly stood up and ruffled the hair of the girl across her.

 

Taeyeon was blushing furiously while looking down. She didn’t want to see anyone’s reaction. She wasn’t even sure why she said that.

‘My thoughts are speaking for themselves again, I should really learn how NOT to be an open book sometimes.’

 

Tiffany was the happiest of them all. If only her brother wasn’t beside her, she’d probably be holding Taeyeon’s hands by now. She was fighting the urge to pull Taeyeon away from all this. Indeed, they still loved each other. And nothing could ever separate them, now that the walls were already broken.

She leaned in to whisper something to her brother, in which Taeyeon couldn’t hear. Leo’s lips slowly formed a smirk upon hearing it and just nodded.

 

“Can I talk to her in private?” Leo asked his sister.

 

Tiffany gave in. She walked towards the counters and tried to help Sooyoung in her work. She was still thinking about the sudden confession and couldn’t wait to finally talk to Taeyeon alone.

 

Leo leaned in and whispered to Taeyeon, “You still have to talk to our dad though.”

 

Taeyeon felt down again, as if she were stripped off some confidence.

 

He noticed the sudden change in Taeyeon’s facial exression.

“Don’t worry. I already like you for my sister. I’m sure Appa will grow to like you too.” He assured her. “And besides, he already knows you. There’s no sweat.”

 

Taeyeon’s mind was running in circles. 

“You don’t mind that I’m a girl?”

 

If only one of them were a boy, things like these wouldn’t be so complicated.

 

“I admit, of course I DID mind it at first, now I only care about her own happiness,” He paused as he tried to recall the past years. “I remember I was the one pushing her to date. But stubborn little sister is stubborn. She keeps saying that she’s taken.”

 

Taeyeon felt shy. It’s not every day that you get to talk about love matters to someone you just met. Let alone your lover’s older brother.

 

“And by that, I guess you already know who has taken her heart.”

 

As if playing dumb, Taeyeon didn’t respond too quickly which made Leo scoff, “really?”

 

“Mwo?” She pointed herself.

 

“Bingo!”

 

They laughed together. Taeyeon was finally relieved that she didn’t go through a big drama like what usually happens in the movies.

 

“Thank you, oppa," she sighed. "I really do love her. And I'll prove to you that I'm not less of a lover just because I'm a girl. I'll take care of her, I promise you that."

 

Leo felt the blonde's sincerity. He didn't need to question her any longer. In fact, he already accepted her with just one look. He could only smile in reply.

 

Tiffany was glancing from time to time. Seeing how her brother enjoyed the company of Taeyeon, she felt relieved at last. Her eyes then met the onyx orbs.

 

The two past lovers were smiling at each other from a short distance. Both couldn’t wait any longer to feel each other’s warmth.

 

Leo sensed the loving stares that the two were sharing.

He cleared his throat, “Ehem.”

 

“By the way, Sorry if this is too sudden. I have to leave now. My wife and daughter are still waiting for me,” he said to Taeyeon. He then flashed a wink to his sister, as if there was a connivance going on.

 

Leo stood up from his chair and placed his right hand on Taeyeon’s shoulder.

The blonde stood up as well and bowed down. “Nice meeting you, oppa,” she said.

Her tone was more confident than before, especially now that she gained the approval of Tiffany’s brother.

 

****

 

 

Tiffany accompanied her brother on the way out, leaving Taeyeon alone inside the café.

“Are you serious about this, Tiff?” Leo asked out of the blue. His eyes were full of concern.

 

“Oppa, what’s with the question? We’re not even together.”

“I know. But soon, you will be.”

 

“How sure are you?”

“I already talked to her, remember?”

 

“What did she say!?” Tiffany’s eager expression was caught by Leo.

He couldn’t help but smirk. “That’s our secret,” he stuck his tongue out.

 

“You’re not a teen-ager oppa. Stop that.”

Leo let out giggles; his eyes were forming crescent moons, “I’m happy if you are... So you have my full blessing.”

 

 

****

 

 

Sooyoung was still busy entertaining the customers in the cashier area. In spite of that, she still managed to catch a glimpse of her two friends who were currently sitting beside each other.

‘How nostalgic; I hope they get back together soon.’

 

“Do you really mean what you said earlier?” Tiffany was looking at Taeyeon’s eyes. Her gaze was like that of pleading child.

“If I say yes, I mean it, what will you do?”

 

‘I’ll kiss you. I don’t even care if people stare down a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter