27th

Just Like A Puzzle, You Confuse Me.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

27th Piece of the Puzzle

 

"Where do you wanna go after this, Fany-ah?" Taeyeon asked after drinking the last gulp of her iced tea.

It took a while for Tiffany to answer the question. She was thinking whether it was a nice idea or not. She had contemplated on this matter before, but sooner or later, a decision had to be made.

"Today's Sunday." Tiffany started out, thinking of ways to get through this sensitive topic.

"Yeah?"

 

 

"Let's go to church, Tae."

 

 

 

 

 

 

It took Taeyeon by surprise. She didn't know what to say or do. Rejecting Tiffany was never an option. Call her whipped, but that's how much she loves her former bestfriend turned lover.

Taeyeon didn't know what to label herself in this matter. She didn't belong to any religion. But all she knew was there was one person up there, looking after all the people in this crucial world.

 

"Fany-ah, you know I'm not-"

"Please. Just this once?" Tiffany's puppy eyes manipulated Taeyeon's whole being.

The older girl nodded in response, making the younger one squeal in happiness.

 

 

 

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." -1 Corinthians 13

 

Taeyeon's mouth was wide open all the while. It was her first time entering a church that's filled with people who held 'Bibles' in their hands. Beside her, was her best friend who was looking at her iPad, reading a bible verse.

She felt uncomfortable at first. Seeing these unfamiliar people doing their worship thing was all new to her. But Tiffany did not let Taeyeon feel that way. She held the hand of the older girl to calm the latter's mind.

"Taeyeon-ah, just relax. You won't get burned. Trust me." She chuckled, earning a glare from Taeyeon.

The pastor talked about love in its all kinds. Love of a Family, a friend, a colleague, and lastly, a partner.

Taeyeon felt as if someone was really talking to her. The words of the preacher were leaving trails in her heart.

TOUCHED

That's what she felt.

Never did it occur to her that going to church would make a huge impact in her life. 

 

Taeyeon's mind drifted off. She thought a lot about her situation.

 

LOVE IS PATIENT.

LOVE IS KIND.

If it really is, then does than mean loving Tiffany is not a sin?

It shouldn't be, right? I just love her, no matter what our situation is.

 

 

 

 

Tiffany greeted some acquaintances as they walked towards towards the exit. She smiled at every person she'd come across.

"Fany-ah, are you friends with everyone in here?" Taeyeon asked as soon as they arrived at the parking area.

 

"It's just the way it is in our church. We smile at everyone we see even though we don't really know each other."

 

 

There was a comfortable silence during the car ride. Silence filled the air but Taeyeon's thoughts were occupied with questions just about everything.

"Taetae, honestly, what did you feel?" The younger one asked, anticipating for a positive response.

 

"My heart felt lighter, to be honest. I learned new things and all. But there's just one thing that bothers me up until now." She heaved out a sigh and continued driving.

 

Tiffany kept quiet, waiting patiently for Taeyeon to continue talking.

 

"Our love, Fany-ah. This kind of love... You know it's not accepted in your church, right?" Taeyeon stopped the car in an empty street.

 

Tiffany's expression turned sour upon hearing Taeyeon's words. She knew it was hard for Taeyeon to say that. She knew it was a very sensitive topic to talk about especially when they just started out.

"Taeyeon-ah..."

The two lovers fixed their gaze to each other.

 

"After my mom died, I asked God for a person that would make me complete and fill up the broken pieces of my life's puzzle. Every night I prayed to God to give me someone that would love me whole-heartedly. And then you came along. So now, tell me. If it's really a sin for us to be in love, why did He let you come into my life? I believe everything has a reason, Tae. It was never a coincidence to have met you. You are a gift from Him. A gift that I'd like to treasure forever."

 

These words from Tiffany tugged Taeyeon's heart. She felt like she didn't deserve all the love coming from Tiffany. It made her cry a bucket of tears. Her heart wanted to explode. It was all too much.

 

Being in love

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter