13th

Just Like A Puzzle, You Confuse Me.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

13th Piece of the Puzzle

 

Mr. Hwang left his two daughters for a while to get Michelle a birthday present. Michelle and Tiffany linked their arms as they walked through the amusement park. It had been been a while since the family spent quality time together. The two sisters felt like they needed some time alone to catch up on each other’s lives.

 

Michelle stopped and turned around to face the David and Goliath couple.

“You girls don’t mind if I borrow Tiffany for a while?” 

 

Taeyeon felt happy for her best friend, but deep inside, she just wanted to be with Tiffany and spend more time with her.

“No we don’t, unnie… Go ahead!” Sooyoung replied, grabbing the shorter girl by the neck as if the latter was a plush toy.

 

 

The two sisters walked around the park, enjoying this rare moment. It’s not everyday that they get to be together like this.

“Unnie, how are you and Jaebom?” 

 

“He’s at work now. But we’re fine… really.” Michelle smiled.

 

“He’s working? Today? But it’s your birthday! He should be here, right?”

 

“He said he’ll make it up to me. I don’t know how. But it’s okay. I have you guys here, I’m not sad at all.”

 

“How about you, got yourself a boyfriend yet?”

 

Tiffany’s eyes widened at the sudden question. Their father was a very strict person, especially towards his youngest child. Dating wasn’t allowed until her graduation from college.

 

“Well-" Tiffany was cut off by her sister.

 

 

“or girlfriend?” Michelle looked at her sister’s flushed cheeks.

 

“What? No! I’m not a…. a…. a..”

 

Tiffany couldn't say that word. The thought of her past still haunted her.

 

 

 

"I know... I know.." Michelle laughed so hard upon seeing her sister’s reaction.

Tiffany softly punched her older sister’s shoulder. 

 

"Hmmm. About Taeyeon.."

Tiffany's heartbeat raced upon hearing her bestfriend's name.

 

"What about her, unnie?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Aren't you a bit too close? I mean... you always talk about her whenever we're on the phone."

"I do????!! " Tiffany covered shyly.

"Yes, all the time.. like Taeyeon this or Taeyeon that..."

 

"Really?" Tiffany never noticed it herself.

 

"And your voice goes higher whenever you talk about her." Michelle's pitch became higher, imitating her younger sister's tone.

 

She slightly had an idea where this was going.

"It's just the way we are, unnie.....

 

 

 

 

 

 

....nothing more."

 

*

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter