36th

Just Like A Puzzle, You Confuse Me.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

36th Piece of the Puzzle

 

 

Taeyeon felt an arm around her waist.

She was struggling inside. Her mind was battling with her heart.

But in the end, her heart claimed its victory as she turned around and faced the other girl.

Onyx was lost in the chocolate stare. They were speaking for themselves without uttering a word.

She brushed the younger one’s cheek using her thumb.

'Am I a fool for still feeling this way? Please, just tonight. Let me be the one to hold you in my arms.'

 

Tiffany smiled and closed her eyes, feeling the gentle touch of Taeyeon against her skin.

'Let me make it up to you. Just give me a chance and I’ll prove myself.'

They just stayed that way, devouring each other’s warmth as they drifted off to sleep.

 

***

 

The rays of the sun beamed onto her face. Her eyelids wrinkled as she tried to wake up from a deep and serene slumber.

She then glanced at the other side of the bed which was empty.

‘Was it just a dream? But it felt real.’

 

She stretched her arms and stood up. It had been a part of her morning rituals to jump and work out on her soft springy bed.

The door creaked open, revealing a tray of breakfast with a glass of milk.

 

“Good morning, Tae.” Tiffany entered the room.

The jumping dork was startled, making her fall onto the pillows. “You’re real?”

“Do I look like a ghost to you?” The younger one chuckled. "Here. Breakfast in bed."

 

“You shouldn’t have bothered.” Taeyeon felt really happy inside, but she tried to hide it.

‘So it’s not a dream. She’s really back. My best friend, the love of my life, my mushroom.’

 

“No worries. I just want to thank you for letting me stay here for the night.” She flashed a sincere smile.

“Well, thank you.” Taeyeon grabbed the sandwich, “How about you?”

 

“I’m done.” Tiffany was smiling as she watched her past lover munch the tuna sandwich.

She was worried that it might not taste good but at least she tried her best. “How was it?”

 

It surprised Taeyeon a lot. It did taste good. And the word 'good' was an understatement.

She wasn’t expecting it to be this good for she knew that Tiffany wasn’t a kitchen person.

“It’s....” She swallowed without carefully chewing it, making her choke.

 

Tiffany quickly grabbed the glass of milk and shoved it to the choking girl’s mouth.

‘Omo! I knew it. I’m such a failure.’ She pouted in dismay.

 

Taeyeon caught her disappointed face. “Hey, it’s really good.”

 

But before Tiffany could even reply, the telephone, which was activated on a loudspeaker mode, suddenly rang.

It was then transferred automatically into a voicemail.

 

[TAETAE! CAN WE MEET TONIGHT? SAME TIME SAME PLACE? I’LL SEE YOU! THIS HAS BEEN YOUR NUMBER ONE FAN, GREETING YOU A GOOD MORNING!]

 

It was a girl.

Tiffany didn’t recognize it.

But she felt a pang of jealousy when she heard what that girl addressed Taeyeon as.

‘I should be the only one who calls her Taetae. No one else.’

 

She wanted to ask who it was. But a part of her kept reminding her that she didn’t have any right to question everything about Taeyeon’s life. She just sighed, trying to hide her frustration.

 

“Taeyeon.” She made sure that she didn’t call her by her nickname to avoid any conversation regarding that phone call.

“You’re still coming with me today, right?” Her eyes were pleading.

 

Taeyeon didn’t remember that she made a promise.

But it’s Tiffany after all. Seeing her best friend’s pouting lips and pleading eyes, she could only nod in approval.

‘So she’s introducing me to this new ‘Oppa’ of hers. You are really torturing yourself, Kim Taeyeon.’

 

Tiffany’s expression became bright.

 

***

 

 

“Sooyoung owns a café now?” she uttered in disbelief. She never mentioned that.

“Funny, isn’t it?” Taeyeon was driving towards the café.

“We all thought she would be venturing into the food business. But oh well, there’s still food.”

 

Tiffany smiled at the girl whose eyes were fixed on the road.

It relieved her that the awkwardness between them had lessened a bit.

“How about you? What keeps you busy now?” She asked.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter