26th

Just Like A Puzzle, You Confuse Me.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

26th Piece of the Puzzle

"Dad?!"

 

"Tiffany."

The special room became silent as the the two family members engaged in a staring contest.

Nickhun clenched his fists upon seeing the cocky young man who claims himself as one of the most eligible bachelors in Seoul. The helpless guy quickly stood up from where he was seated but the police officers man-handled him, stopping him from assaulting the other man.

 

"Go on. Punch me now and regret it later."

The cocky handsome bachelor crossed his arms while looking down on the helpless guy who was tightly held by the police officers.

Mr. Hwang went closer to his daughter and whispered, "Tiffany, why are you here?" 

"Dad, Nickhun here.... is my friend." Tiffany whispered back, feeling guilty and sorry at the same time.

 

Mr.Hwang flashed a stern look as he turned his gaze towards the helpless guy. "Are you in a relationship with my daughter?!"

 

Nickhun's mouth was shut. He didn't reply to Mr. Hwang's question right away. Tiffany rushed to Nickhun's side and nudged him by the elbow, signaling him to tell the truth. Her eyes were speaking for herself. Tell him we're not!

 

Taeyeon was standing in one corner, feeling totally out of place. She didn't know what to do. But somehow, a part of her screamed jealous when Nickhun and Tiffany looked into each other's eyes.

 

Nickhun was stubborn. He didn't listen to any of them.

He just stayed calm and quiet until Mr. Hwang blurted out, "Mr. Choi has filed a case against you, and I'm telling you that it will be pushed through. You should've known the consequences of your actions, Mr. Horvejkul."

 

Siwon smirked, revealing himself behind Mr. Hwang. "Say goodbye to Korea and go back to where you belong."

 

Tiffany's face fell. She mustered enough courage to talk to the handsome bachelor who just filed a complaint.

"You, mayor's SON. Can't we just talk this through? You don't seem hurt. You have no bruises or whatsoever. So, what's the big deal?!" She said, fighting the urge to assault the cocky guy.

 

It was all because of her conscience. She puts all the blame to herself. If she hadn't left Nickhun in the first place, something like this wouldn't have happened. Her conscience wouldn't leave her in peace if Nickhun got deported because of her.

 

"Actually, we CAN talk this through." Siwon smiled at the brunette in front of him. "Right, Atty. Hwang?"

 

"What do you mean!?" No wonder this guy got punched by Nickhun. He's so full of himself!

 

"Tiffany, I guess it's best if you and Taeyeon leave now. You have no business in here." Mr hwang whispered to Tiffany, leading the two best friends to the door.

 

***

 

Tiffany plopped herself against the driver's seat, feeling flabbergasted by everything that happened this morning.

 

"Fany-ah..."

For the first time, Taeyeon felt so useless.

Am I the one to blame? This is soooo complicated!

When they were still just 'best friends,' a simple hug and ear-lending were enough to make the situation lighter. And now th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter