29th :))

Just Like A Puzzle, You Confuse Me.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

29th Piece of the Puzzle

 

TIFFANY'S POV

 

 

"Go for it, Fany-ah."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What?"

I clearly heard what she said. I just want to be sure if I understood what she meant by that.

 

"Follow your dreams." 

 

Is that what I wanted to hear from her? No.

Isn't she gonna stop me from leaving?

Doesn't she get the hint that I'm willing to throw everything away just to be with her?

 

"But I don't-" She halts my reasoning using her thumb.

 

"It's for the best."

 

Why do I feel like I'm being torn apart in a cruel kind of way?

Her thumb is then replaced by her lips which lingers for a while against mine.

She pulls away hesitantly, I look at her with pleading eyes.

 

"What will happen to us, Tae?" I ask her, my voice shaking.

 

"I don't want you to go.... I can't even stand a day without seeing you. But if your dad has already decided on it, not to mention it's your dream as well, then who am I to ruin everything? I don't want you to regret things later on. I want you to be happy."

 

Should I be happy that Taeyeon only wants the best for me? 

'You do know that you are my happiness, right? Why are you pushing me away, Taeyeon-ah?'

 

"Are you saying that it's fine with you if I leave?"

 

She shakes her head while biting her lower lip.

"No. I can't even imagine myself without you around. But because I love you, I'll try to endure everything."

 

My eyes feel watery.

She wipes the tears under my eyes before they even fall down my cheeks.

"4 years, Taeyeon-ah.. It's a very long time. A lot may happen. Things WILL definitely be different."

 

She embraces me like it's the last time we'll see each other. "Trust me, my love for you will never change." 

 

It's suffocating, but invigorating at the same time. 

 

 

****

 

 

A few months have passed and I must admit.... that night made us closer than ever. Knowing that we won't be seeing each other in a long time, Taeyeon and I make sure that every minute together is our like last. 

 

 

 

 

 

I can't help but stare at the hello kitty alarm clock that we bought together 2 years ago. Just a few more ticks 'til the long hand strikes 12.

 

6 months.

 

It seems like it was just yesterday when we confessed our feelings, and here we are, on our 6th month as a couple.

They say don't expect so much to spare yourself from disappointment. But I can't help but think about what Taetae's gonna do for me. I should stop thinking too much. Besides, it's too early to think about such things.

 

✉[Taetae! <3]

'Is she sleeping already? I just can't wait to see her in the morning.'

✉[Baby.... Why are you still up?]

'Seriously, Tae, are you kidding me!?'

 

I stare at my screen for quite a while, thinking of what to reply.

 

'Doesn't she know? That's what I told you, assuming Tiffany. DO. NOT. EXPECT. ANYTHING.'

 

✉[Nothing. just can't sleep. k. night. bye.]

I hope she notices my coldness. I lay my back against the bed, slightly throwing my phone grumpily.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tiffany's eyes disappeared slowly as her mind drifted off to dreamland. Morning came and the sleeping girl's thoughts were still in the other dimension.

 

"Taeyeon-ah..."

The sleeping girl was mumbling her lover's name during her sleep.

 

A long pair of slender arms carried her lifeless body.

"You are so heavy, Tiffany." A familiar voice whispered, gasping for air.

 

She was then brought inside the bathroom. The familiar hands splashed some cold water onto the sleeping girl's face. It didn't take long for Tiffany to finally come back to her senses.

 

 

 

 

 

"Sooyoungie?!" Her eyes widened in irritation.

"Hurry up and take a bath now, Fanyyy! I'll be waiting outside!"

"What!? Why? Wait.... Where are we going?"

"Stop asking questions. Just wear the dress that I hung outside your closet!"

 

 

Tiffany walked out of the bathroom, wrapped in a towel. She was surprised to see Sunny and Sooyoung inside her room.

"Soo, seriously... Why are you always popping out of nowhere?"

 

"Coz I am just so great. I have the housekeys of my friends." Sooyoung replied with a tone of sarcasm.

 

Tiffany tilted her head sideways, looking curiously at the short girl. "And hey, Sunny... You're here too?"

 

Sunny chuckled before finally speaking, "Dress up quickly now, Fany! I'll put on your make up."

 

Tiffany's eyes didn't blink once upon seeing the dress that was hanging outside her closet. Sooyoung and Sunny helped the clueless girl in wearing the dress and preparing the accesories which Tiffany would be wearing. 

 

"Omo. Tiffany, you're so pretty," said Sunny as she continued to fix the younger one's hair.

 

Sooyoung was mentally squealing. 'Oh gosh. Taeyeon, you are so gonna thank us for this.'

 

 

Tiffany was brought inside a car. Sooyoung and Sunny gave each other thumbs up.

"Wait, I don't understand, can somebody explain what you two are doing right now? This is kidnapping!"

 

 

Sooyoung just stuck her tongue out and waved goodbye to the cluless girl as the driver started running the engine.

She faced the shorter girl and gave her a high five. "Sunny, aren't we so clever?"

 

 

****

 

The driver stopped the car in front of a 5-star hotel. "Miss Tiffany, here we are."

 

"Do you know anything, ahjussi?" She asked.

 

"I'm just doing my job as a driver, miss."

 

Tiffany stepped out of the car, looking gorgeous as ever. She entered the main door and was ushered by the guards to a restaurant.

 

 

 

*****

 

Taeyeon was waiting for her 'date' anxiously. 

It was the last time that they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter